Dark Chocolate

Options
KellyUVA
KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
What is everyone's favorite dark chocolate?

Replies

• strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Lindt 90% is my preferred,only because it's the highest cocoa percentage I can find that is not 100%. I've found others that are higher than 90%, but they cost absurd amounts of money and so I won't buy 'em.

I like Green & Black 85% the most, flavor-wise. Along with a Cabernet or Malbec, of course.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    lindt 90% too
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Anything over 87%... the higher the better.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I love the flavor of the Trader Joe's "pound plus"..................nope not sharing it either ....:glasses:
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I can't find any by me that doesn't have junk in it, but I am a fan of the Enjoy Life chunks.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    Options
    Lindt 90% is my preferred,only because it's the highest cocoa percentage I can find that is not 100%. I've found others that are higher than 90%, but they cost absurd amounts of money and so I won't buy 'em.

I like Green & Black 85% the most, flavor-wise. Along with a Cabernet or Malbec, of course.
    Don't forget the blue cheese,goes so well with the choccie and rich red wines!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I hate anything below 70%, tbh. Far too sweet for me. The few exceptions I make are for Lindt bars like coconut, etc, because they're damn fine, and Flakes... Because Flake's are freaking awesome.

Green&Blacks 85% is great, too. Can't find any higher when I'm at.

As for 87%, pure, silky dark Belgian chocolate fudges?.... Hnnnnnnnnnnnngggggg...
  • ajwolters
    Options
    Lindt 85%. Just the right amount of sweetness for me, and I like the mouth feel better than the 90%.
  • shelleycc
    Options
    I usually just get Lindt or Ghiradelli bars, the darker the better, since they are easily available at my local mega-mart. That being said, years ago, I splurged and ordered a few bars of Valrhona and Michel Cluizel from an online source. That stuff was truly foodgasmic! They put the mass market stuff to shame!
  • Shubbamoo
    Shubbamoo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Pralus 100%. Definitely worth the extra cost.
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    If I'm craving something really sweet, I'll go for the 72% but sometimes even that is too sweet. I prefer the 86%. I usually grab whatever brand is on sale as I don't have a lot of options where I am.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Here are 3 that I choose:

Vintage Plantations - Artisanal Chocolate 90% Dark
    Fearless Organic Chocolate - Midnight - Simply Deep and Dark (75%)
    Theo Chocolate - Organic Fair Trade, Ultimate Dark 85% Cacao

All 3 of them have very few ingredients which do not include soy. My favorite of the 3 is the Vintage Plantations.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I bought a bar of the Lindt 90% the other day and tried it for the first time. I like it, but I'd like to try some other brands too.
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm just acquiring a taste for dark chocolate now and can't do anything over 85% at the moment but I do love Lindt's Intense Mint.

Trying to find a 80-85% with almonds or hazelnuts, any suggestions?
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The best 85% or higher I've found is "Green&Black"; I found that at Whole Foods and in Giant's organic aisle. Also, "Alter Eco Dark Blackout" is yummy, and if you pay attention you can taste tiny hints of fruit.

I've tried Lindt's 75% and higher bars, but I think they are waxy and not very tasty. Once you look for more cacao quality and less sugar, the more generic "luxury" brands like Lindt and Ghirardelli start to pale. IMHO. :wink:
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    So far, my favourite that I've found is Lindt 70% Madagascar, sooo creamy, you could almost think it's milk chocolate :bigsmile:
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    Endangered Species Organic Dark Chocolate 72% Cacao.