Any Body Revolution lovers try Insanity?

Options
staceypunk
staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
I completed JMBR on January 31st. Had amazing results and LOVED the program. I plan to do it again but in a while. I just need a change up. I have been doing various Jillian DVD's like No More Trouble Zones, Killer Abs, and Kickbox Fast Fix. I love them all but I like working toward a specific goal, such as a 90 day or 60 day program that you complete.

I can borrow Insanity for free from a friend, so I won't be spending money on it. Just looking for people's opinion of it that love Jillian DVD's.

-Stacey

Replies

• adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet, but I'm in the same situation - finished JMBR and a co-worker has Insanity, which she's going to loan me for free. I'm about to start Zumba first, though. I really wanted to do something a bit more "fun" (but still a workout) for a while. Jill is tough! And she came after 3 rounds of P90X, for me.

Good luck to ya!
  • flaca0131
    Options
    I tried it and waited a few weeks to star JM again. All the workouts are not equal in time, some are 45 minutes, 55minutes and some days you combine two which makes if it longer. I guess I was spoiled with JM being only 30 minutes a day.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I completed my JMBR last July, lost about 8 or 9 lbs. I didn't have much to lose . My husband was doing Insanity so i decided to join him. I really loved it , it was veryyy very challenging, even after doing BR for 3 months, I was out of breath. However, i found that with Insanity i start losing lbs much faster then with BR. Maybe becase with BR I would lose fat and gain muscle and insanity is cardio ? Not sure :) I did 2 months of Insanity now I started BR all over yesterday from week 5, because first 4 weeks are too easy for me now :)
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!
  • xoariellexo22
    Options
    I did insanity before doing JMBR...I personally like JMBR because you get strength training and cardio plus it is only 30 minutes a day when insanity is mostly cardio and all the workouts are 45, 55, or 60 mins.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Yah i did it right after jmbr. Really loved it for cardio but i didnt have as great of results as i did from lifting! I am going to do the p90x/insanity hybrid and see how I like it