Weekly Chat Thread Monday 2/25 to Sunday 3/3

Options
Starlage
Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
Happy Monday!

After half a week of spike days/eating around maintanence time to get back at the game today for me! Back to my 1800-1900 intake a day goal and today's workout will be a HIIT and a toning/strength workout. WOOHOO! Also today will be the second time working out with my new shoes, after a long workday- so, it'll be a good decider for me as to whether I need to take them back for an exchange or not.

Replies

• Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Today is a scheduled rest day on the workout calendar. I may do a lower body workout later on tonight though.

Turbo Fire day 3! :)

Monie
  • slroggemann
    slroggemann Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm FINALLY starting month 2 today! this is the farthest I've made it into Turbofire and I'm really excited! Fire 55EZ on the schedule for tonight - still sore from Fire 45 yesterday!
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm FINALLY starting month 2 today! this is the farthest I've made it into Turbofire and I'm really excited! Fire 55EZ on the schedule for tonight - still sore from Fire 45 yesterday!

Congrats to making it to month 2. My fave month (all cardio). I did miss the HIIT's. Month 2 was when I started seeing my scale move in the right direction. Have fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Week 11 starts for me today. HIIT 25 (my fave HIIT) and Sculpt 30 to be done later tonight since my 7 year old daughter loves doing the HIIT's with me. Have a great Monday, ladies!
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Week 16 starting today! Fire 45 ez/Stretch 10 - done!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    @preshusgem, looks like we're on the same schedule, I start week 11 today also. I did Hiit 25 for the first time on Saturday and loved it, was surprised when my HRM said I burned over 400 calories, though I'm sure it was more since it stopped working just before the last routine. I skip the Tone & Sculpt for strength training that uses actual weights. Saturday I tried a Fitness Blender strength training workout, it kicked my *kitten*. Almost through the first 90 days and onto the Advanced classes.
  • Starlage
    Options
    So far so good! I did my second workout in the new shoes and while I did have minor pain here and there it's GREATLY improved from how I was suffering last week and the week before that, barely able to get through workouts. The better more supportive shoes (Asics Gel Cumulus 14) and cushy runner's socks (Balega Hidden Comfort) have made a big difference! My foot's really supported and "hugged" in the shoe. The HIIT 30 workout i did tonight, on Friday I couldn't get through it. I had to stop after 20 minutes because of the bunion on my left foot killing me. WOOHOO! Oh and I decided they're not too tight in the toe box. I was thinking they were too tight because Saturday after exercising I took them off and there was a red indent point over my big toe joint, but it wasn't there today after loosening the laces a bit.

So, Week 4 Day 3 for me was HIIT 30 and Sculpt 30 (was supposed to be HIIT 20/sculpt 30 but I wanted more cardio since I took an extra rest day yesteday).... DONE! 3 1/2 weeks through my first 4 weeks. I'll take 30 day pics this weekend. I don't see a ton of changes yet, but maybe I will when I compare them to the beginning photos. I've only lost a couple of pounds, so nothing drastic there. I do feel a LOT stronger/toned though and I definitely don't feel as jiggly. Hopefully the 30 day pictures will show some changes I'm not seeing!
  • crystallight711
    Options
    4c65c95159f9e49313fd6347c95dd739.jpg
  • Antonia2501
    Antonia2501 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have been so bad these past few weeks and have bee really bummed out about it and so instead of working out and eating right i just said screw it and gave up in a way. Today was my start of week 7 and I am going to keep at it. Hope you all have a great week!
  • slroggemann
    Options

Congrats to making it to month 2. My fave month (all cardio). I did miss the HIIT's. Month 2 was when I started seeing my scale move in the right direction. Have fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Week 11 starts for me today. HIIT 25 (my fave HIIT) and Sculpt 30 to be done later tonight since my 7 year old daughter loves doing the HIIT's with me. Have a great Monday, ladies!

I feel like I'm going to miss the HIITs! I've grown to enjoy those but I do like the hiits incorporated with the longer cardio.

I ate like crap today. We had free donuts at work, and while I only had one, I then had a friend surprise me by coming up today and I wound up having fast food at the mall as a snack (nasty pretzel bites) and then dinner out. 1800 calories in, but I burned 528 on my workout according to the HRM...not a good day for me though! I'll get back to it tomorrow.
  • Poeticmoe
    Options
    Turbo Fire Day 4 - Fire 30 and Stretch 10 DONE and in the books for today! 390 cals burned

Felt good to shake my tail feather this morning! Lol My goal is to really focus on my diet this week, so I don't sabotage my efforts. Sadly, this has been a vicious cycle for me. One day at a time, so I don't overwhelm myself.

Make it a great Tuesday!

Monie
  • Starlage
    Options
    Hmm.. still trying to decide whether to workout today or not>..... I'm going to a going away party for a friend at 7 and don't want to get to sweaty and have to shower after.... thinking maybe I'll just do yoga or power yoga.
  • preshusgem
    Options
    Switching out my Rest day today. Not that I "rested" today either. It's snowing big time here in Chicago! I just shoveled heavy wet snow for over an hour and I have no energy for Fire 45 today.

Be safe out there...wherever you all are!
  • hellokittylove
    hellokittylove Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yeah I had to switch my rest day to the weekend, I need a totally rest from work. Today was Fire 30, tomorrow I think I am going to do Fire 45(with some Cardio Party 1). Im also doing Turbo Jam with my coworker after work too. So Im burning a lot. Very excited to see where I am at by the end of the week :)
  • Poeticmoe
    Options
    Turbo Fire Day 5 - Fire 55 EZ DONE! 518 cals burned

If there's any trainer that can get me up to complete a 55 minute intense cardio workout at 4:30 am, it's Chalene Johnson. Just when I feel like I want to pass out, Chalene throws on a jamming music hit, and somehow, I find the energy for my second wind and keep it moving! Lol

As Chalene says - "You are NOT tired!!". Well, I was, but don't tell Chalene that! ;)

Monie
  • Starlage
    Options
    moe, I love 55ez! I hated it the very first time I did it because I felt like it was too low energy and drug on for too long, but now in contrast to all the other workouts on the schedule I enjoy 55ez as a still challenging but lower impact workout.

Today 55ez is on my schedule! Last night I ended up not exercising at all, I needed to rest before my friend's dinner party aparently beacuse on the bus on the way home I crashed a little! LOL. Once I got home all I wanted to do with the hour I had before I needed to get ready to go was sit on my butt and relax a bit. Back at it today!
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Switching out my Rest day today. Not that I "rested" today either. It's snowing big time here in Chicago! I just shoveled heavy wet snow for over an hour and I have no energy for Fire 45 today.

I shoveled for 40 minutes and then told myself if I couldn't make it thru TF tonight, then all was not lost. I got 30 minutes in.
  • slroggemann
    Options
    Today is my rest day - yesterday my HRM says I burned 506 calories doing Fire 30 + Sculpt 30 :) I'm making zucchini boats with cheese, chicken, and pasta sauce tonight for dinner, super excited to try them out! Just making up my own recipe so I'll let you know how it goes!
  • crystallight711
    Options
    Yesterday was Fire 45/Stretch 10 and I did CLX Burn Circuit 1. Today was my rest day, but I did Core 20 & the Fire 30 I missed last week when I was sick to keep me on track with the calender.
  • preshusgem
    Options

I shoveled for 40 minutes and then told myself if I couldn't make it thru TF tonight, then all was not lost. I got 30 minutes in.

Good for you for getting your Turbo workout in. I wish I could say the same for myself. I was supposed to do FIRE 45/Stretch 10 today then the hubster decided to take me out for a very last minute date night...so no Turbo workout today but I had great quality time with him along with a martini and an awesome steak dinner. Yes, I was over my calories but these times of being out without the kids are very few. Back on schedule tomorrow doing HIIT 25 and something else, probably Sculpt (I think).
  • Poeticmoe
    Options
    Turbo Fire Day 6 - Fire 30 and Lower 20 DONE for today! 411 cals burned

Well, I met my first goal for this week and that was to complete ALL workouts. Check! :) Now to focus on my eating for today. Always my biggest challenge.

Have a great Thursday!