Tracking Carbs

Options
I just noticed that I have been tracking the wrong amount of carbs. As I ate my meal replacement bar by Atkins, I happened to read about net carbs. I also noticed that I can only set goals percentage wise as opposed to gms of carbs. Has anyone found a way around these two problems? I could manually track but I know there has to be someway to use a tool to do so.

Replies

• corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    About the only way to track net carbs, that I'm aware of, is to track fiber as well and do the math.
  • joyesq135
    joyesq135 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i set my carbs by gm. you can go to goals and settings i think and set what you want to track.
  • SueM86
    SueM86 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I changed my total calories figure and the carb percentage until it came out at roughly the number of carbs I want to eat per day - it's not totally exact but I set mine slightly under and I know what figure I'm aiming for daily and the online version of MFP (as opposed to the iphone app version) breaks down the carbs/protein/fat grams for you in your diary - plus you can set a couple of other options from a list so you can choose fibre if you want to. If you go to Goals and then click on the "change goals" button (at the bottom of the page I think) then click "custom" you can get to where you can input your own numbers.
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You can track net carbs, but you have to follow these instructions: http://cavemanketo.com/configuring-mfp/. Follow these instructions to the letter. If you use Chrome, don't bother with the Tampermonkey option, several (including myself) have not had luck with it. He will tell you what percentages to plug in, which in turn will auto calculate the grams by day. If you adjust those then your percentages will change. By following this, you'll also get the pie chart for net carbs on the bottom of your diary. It's a great tool for those of us on keto/low carb. One thing to note is that the script you install will not effect the pie chart you will see on the MFP app - iphone/droid or ipad. So, if you're looking at that pie chart, know that it is total carbs. You'll then need to revert to calculating off the list of macro/micro info.

Good luck!
  • kivaharper
    Options
    Thanks all. I think I got it!
  • fishes305
    fishes305 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I track my net carbs on fatsecret.com. It gives you the option of net carbs or carbs. I use both sites actually.