Chat

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
I've decided to scale back from weekly threads while we are so slow. When/if it gets too long, I will start a new one.

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Debbie (shorty313)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (neurochamp) <--- was elstein
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)
Randy (Randyamc)
Sandra (Leeloominai01)
Toni (Themoodys13)
Corey (coreyisaacs)
Joe (misterbigg36)
Dee (Dedee36)
Tawnya (RubytOU)
Mariesa (princessmariesa)
Sri (slimntrim77)
Becky (altheiathepixie)
Melissa (MdmAcolyte)
James (Wolfjj79)
Ijs_leggo

Replies

• shorty313
    Options
    I've been here, following my plan for the most part. DH decided to go primal for some health reasons, so I'm trying to join him and be supportive of that. Work and life have been crazy busy, so I've just been doing the bare minimum with exercise and tracking.

Hope everyone is well, and losing.
  • WhiteCloud9
    WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    What is he, or you, doing to be "primal" ? I've looked into the Paleo/Primal thing but feel its too hard to give up legumes, rice and dairy. I've bee trying to greatly restrict any gluten but have found that hard to do also. My biggest problems are budget for all of the meat and the fact that I do not like eggs, no matter how they are made. Breakfast is the hardest meal to figure out.

Has he noticed any changes, whether good or bad?
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am so far off the wagon I'm back with the walkers :blushing: I've not even felt like logging my food, I'm just not motivated at. all.
  • shorty313
    Options
    He is showing great changes! He's about 10 lbs down, you can see it in his face, and his cholesterol and triglycerides are down too!
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm hoping to get a chance to add to the boards more frequently with spring coming and work getting less hectic - we'll see how that works out, as I've signed up to teach two summer classes (I've never taught any summer classes, so this will be an adventure! Anything to show the department that I'd be a good candidate for a full-time position...).

In the meantime, I spent all of last week in Manzanillo, Mexico, and it was fantastic! I saw humpback whales! I went paddleboarding (and I was really good at it - stood the whole time and didn't fall off the board once)! Also, we (8 friends and I) were staying in a 4-story house in a hilly, hilly area, so there was a lot of walking/climbing to offset the giant meals that were cooked for us. All-in-all a really great spring break...except for the parts when I got stung by a jellyfish, and when I spent the last two days there horribly sick and in bed (and by bed I mean lounge chair by the pool....so it could have been worse).

But I'm back home now, and my stomach is recovering, so I'm looking forward to getting back on the workout wagon. I've decided that I AM FOR CERTAIN signing up to run the Illinois Warrior Dash on June 15 :bigsmile:, so I need to work on actually being able to run a 5k. I'm also on Stage 6 of NROL4W, so that means working on being able to do chin-ups. I imagine the upper body strength will also help me with many of the Warrior Dash obstacles. Plus I've never (ever) been able to do pull-ups or chin-ups, so I'm just curious to see if I can actually learn to do them.

Happy St. Patty's Day, everyone - hope your spring is off to a good start!