Where do you workout?

Options

Replies

• melimann
    melimann Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I workout at Planet Fitness-Thompson Road on the Southside.
  • PrettyandPolished
    PrettyandPolished Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That's right by my mother. I'm always jealous of it being so close to her. It looks really nice. Do you like it?
  • PrettyandPolished
    PrettyandPolished Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I workout at Planet Fitness-Thompson Road on the Southside.

My last response was meant for you! Sorry.
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have several places I workout. Here's my schedule:

Monday Team VFIT Bootcamp for Sculptured arms and abs and zumba at totally Hip Fitness Brownsburg
    Tuesday: VFIT for squat party
    Wednesday totally hip fitness for zumba Fitness in Motion East body pump and boxing
    Thursday totally hip fitness for budakhi
    Friday totally hip fit for toning light
    Saturday I take turns. either kickboxing at ATA Fitness of pendleton pike, wipeout at vfit, bakwa at fim east or spin and zumba at HIP depends on my energy
    Sunday Last chance workout at VFIT

What a great workout schedule!
  • futuremarathoner81
    Options
    I love the Fishers Y. I've been a member there for the past two years.
  • kbutz1
    Options
    I workout in the comfort of my own home. No gym memberships, no driving, no excuses. I am a die hard Beachbody fitness fanatic. I've done P90x, P90x2, Insanity, Insanity:The Asylum, I am finishing up Les Mills Combat in a week, and then I am doing Body Beast to pack on some muscle.

I am currently looking for a facility to host a free fit club where anyone can attend and try out a variety of the fitness programs from week to week. If anyone knows of a place near Fishers that would be willing to provide a facility for an hour or so each week, please let me know.

If you want to learn more a out all of the programs Beachbody offers, please email me at coachkpb@gmail.com or visit me at
    www.zenithfitness.net and click the contact me button, sign up for a free team beachbody account or browse around the site.

Kevin Butz
  • gammols
    Options
    is the W 86th Street Planet Fitness nice? thinking about a gym. currently attending zumba classes in zionsville but looking for more.. need soem weight training, jsut not sure where to go. very self conscious about goign to gyms. I used to go to Super Spa in Speedway and since it closed, I have not been able to find a place i feel comfortable.
  • mlsmith1524
    Options
    LA Fitness - near 96th/Michigan Rd. - M - F
    LA Fitness - near Glendale - Sat.

3 days of weight lifting
    3 days cardio (jogging, swimming, or both) & abs
  • Raignbo
    Raignbo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I workout at Anytime Fitness, I love the fact that it is open 24/7.
  • mamamay43
    mamamay43 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. Just got asked to join, so here I am! I work out in my youngest daughter's room-that's where the treadmill lives! I just got it a couple weeks ago (freebie from a co-worker) and I'm still getting used to it. When the weather co-operates, I have a route I walk along the White River here in Muncie. I'm cheap anyway and we live paycheck-to-paycheck, so I need free ways to do this. I have 3 daughters, work at a part-time job for a local bank and have been married 22 years to my high school sweetie. Anyone else in Muncie?
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. Just got asked to join, so here I am! I work out in my youngest daughter's room-that's where the treadmill lives! I just got it a couple weeks ago (freebie from a co-worker) and I'm still getting used to it. When the weather co-operates, I have a route I walk along the White River here in Muncie. I'm cheap anyway and we live paycheck-to-paycheck, so I need free ways to do this. I have 3 daughters, work at a part-time job for a local bank and have been married 22 years to my high school sweetie. Anyone else in Muncie?

Check out the "Anyone in Muncie area??" thread currently towards the bottom of page1....
  • joycebug
    joycebug Posts: 309
    Options
    I'm at MEI Fitness in Avon. Its an awesome gym!!
  • jwiley78
    jwiley78 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Me and my wife are both members of the Y and go to the one in Lawrence that is located on Fort Ben. I haven't actually been for a couple weeks now since I have decided to do a second round of Insanity.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Work out at Gold's Gym down the street from Ransburg. I was a member for years at the Ransburg but I had several bad experiences there and decided it was time to go.

At Ransburg I Almost got ran over in the parking lot by some insane woman. She had crept within inches of my legs. I turned to her and said watch where you're driving. She said watch were you're walking.

Saw here again in the gym on another day. Her and one of the staff were dropping the F bomb every other word.

Had some weird guy come up to me while I was the treadmill and whisper something in my ear. I mean right in my ear but I didn't hear the words because they were so soft and I sure didn't expect that. Told him I didn't catch what he said. He said you heard me. Then laughed and went off. Geeze. Apparently whatever he said he didn't want anyone else to hear.

The list goes on about that place. My work even gives a discount to the "Y" but I will not go again.

I actually went back to try them before joining Gold's but the machines were so crammed together it was annoying. Then I saw some people I knew and said this is not for me.

Now I did workout at the Nora YMCA when I worked up North and that was a great experience. Wish they were more convenient. They were so helpful there. They would answer your questions and give helpful tips.

One neat story there I had at Nora was about a girl doing pushups. I watched for a bit because she was doing them correctly. When she finished. I complimented her on her form. She said great, I'm a fitness trainer. I told her I believe it. She smiled and we chatted a bit. What's so neat is that was exemplary of the people there.

At Gold's I can't say they are as good as Nora but I don't get hassled by the folks who show up and pay nothing to go.
  • AmandaNicholasRN
    Options
    I work out at Fitness In Motion on the eastside. It's a gym that consists of only group fitness classes. I used to have a membership at Gold's and when I tried Zumba at FIM, I felt like I got so much MORE out of that than I did going to Gold's. It doesn't even feel like I'm working out. The owner recently became certified in a new cardiac workout called Bokwa and we've been trying that lately. I love it there!!!
  • sarbsmit
    sarbsmit Posts: 4
    Options
    I go to Zumba at Chatard on Mondays & Thursdays too! Well, used to...haven't been in a few weeks since I've been dealing with IT band problems, but I can't wait to heal and go back. Jess is the best instructor!
  • sarbsmit
    sarbsmit Posts: 4
    Options
    I am working out at Anytime Fitness. It is a nice gym and its open 24/7 so that is nice. Also, on Mondays and Thursdays Chatard High School has Zumba in the gym for $5

I go to Zumba at Chatard on Mondays & Thursdays too! Well, used to...haven't been in a few weeks since I've been dealing with IT band problems, but I can't wait to heal and go back. Jess is the best instructor!
  • happymom2013
    Options
    I to am a cheapskate along with 4 kids under 12 makes it hard to go anywhere on a regular basis so bought a great eliptical and loving it. Once its paid I will look for another piece to add. Thought about Planet Fitness on County Line also and the Y but the Y was a bit much right now and started to join PF but just can't find a time to go unless I get up at 4am.

OMG!! I thought I was the only one.. Lol I have 3 kids under the age of 8 and I bought an elliptical and I use the C25K app to train. I am actually exercising more now than I did when I went to Baxter YMCA. I would like to go jogging at Craig park when it gets warm out, if anyone is interested to meet up there :-)
  • runningmamaof2
    Options
    I workout at the Baxter Y. I teach an Interval Training class on Monday and Wednesdays at 8:30 and I am coaching the Mini Marathon Training Group on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings. I also do P90x, Insanity, Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper and any other DVDs I have at home as well. Plus all the miles on the roads around my house.
  • queenvenus71
    queenvenus71 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have just started taking my fitness very seriously and I cannot say it was because of my own doing. My daughter is my motivation. But regardless of how I am starting, I am determined to whip both of us in shape!!! I work out at the Gold's Gym on 86th and Michigan. I love it (media room is my fave place to lose track of time).