Workout clothes or PJ's

Options
anne2605
anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
What do you wear while working out at home? I find if I get all dressed up in proper workout gear I can convince myself I'm there to exercise. I've always had a problem working out at home, never quite feels right but I'm going to try and do this 30 day shred.

Replies

• Mrs_Charisma
    Options
    Sports bra and shorts! And my tennis shoes of course :) I'm usually up shredding before my hubby and kids get up so I don't worry about being in just the sports bra. No one is there to see me look crazy!
  • nondomesticgoddess
    nondomesticgoddess Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sports bra and shorts! And my tennis shoes of course :) I'm usually up shredding before my hubby and kids get up so I don't worry about being in just the sports bra. No one is there to see me look crazy!

This!

I roll out of bed (I only sleep in undies), have the sports bra and some capris ready...use the bathroom and put on a panty liner because those jumps can play havoc with my bladder muscles (LOL - TMI, I know!). After the workout I put away my equipment, nuke some oatmeal to scarf for after my shower, and troll around the house picking up and doing light cleaning while I'm catching my breath. After I shower, I throw on a robe, eat and log on MFP, then dress once I'm nice and cool. I can do the workout and be ready to leave the house in a little over an hour.

My only question is shoes...I didn't wear them today and feel like I did okay...maybe because I don't do all the jumping (I do some but modify with high marching as well because of my knees). Does everybody else wear them?
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I wear trainers 'cause couple years ago I was jumping around without shoes to some exercise thingy on XBox Kinect and within a week two of my toe nails started to fall off. I think perhaps I must have banged the toes and bruised them or something. So now I never train without shoes on.
  • nikongirl29
    nikongirl29 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Day 1 I worked out in PJs - as in rolled out of bed and started exercising
    Day 2 I wore 2 sports bras and my tennis shoes (with my PJs lol!) I want to look for one of those bra shirts today though and maybe start putting some pants on lol
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Both, whatever I'm wearing that morning.
    I also never, ever wear shoes. I know they tell me to but no. Just no.
    I do use a yoga mat on my carpeted living room and pay attention to my ankles/knees.
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Sports bra, some capris and my trainers. I find that if I don't wear trainers which working out a) my plantar fasciitis flares up and b) my foot rolls out and I hurt my ankle.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Sports bra and shorts - or any comfortable pants.

I didn't wear shoes in the beginning - started getting shin splints quite quickly so I decided I had to wear them. I also needed them in level 2 during planks...
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Definitely yoga pants, 2 sports bras, workout tshirt, running shoes. I feel more comfortable if everything is held in place lol.
  • Melissa132129
    Melissa132129 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I wear a bra and sports bra (got to hold them in place lol) plus shorts, tank top, socks and shoes. I don't think I would feel comfortable not wearing shoes.