salad dressing recipes

Options
tigger9759
tigger9759 Posts: 55 Member
Anyone have any good salad dressing recipes, especially ones that don't have lots of carbs and actually taste good? Thanks!

Replies

• primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I make a balsamic/olive dressing that I seem to be a bit hooked on at the moment, it seems to be in nearly every meal! I make a triple quantity that sees me through whole week (usually 2 salads a day).

- 5 Tb mild tasting olive oil
    - 2 Tb balsamic vinegar
    - 1 tsp dijon mustard
    - a little salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
    - juice of 1/2 a lemon

Combine in screw top jar and shake well. Tastes best after a day when it's had time to mellow and the flavours are well blended.
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I just use a high quality olive oil and either balsamic, red wine or rice wine vinegar - depending on the salad ingredients.
  • KellyUVA
    KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just use a high quality olive oil and either balsamic, red wine or rice wine vinegar - depending on the salad ingredients.

Ditto. EVOO and balsamic vinegar are pretty much all I use anymore. I even keep bottles in my desk at work.

However, if I want to get a little fancier, I will add a little Dijon mustard and fresh rosemary.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I mix 1 part balsamic vinegar, 3 parts extra virgin olive oil, and a tsp of Mrs. Dash. It's super tasty :flowerforyou:
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'm a creamy dressing kinda guy.

I usually make some mayo (very easy), and then mix that with some apple cider vinegar and various spices depending on my mood.
  • pcaldwell4
    Options
    bump
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    This is my FAVORITE salad dressing ever! Its easy to make, and amazing! I use it liberally on salads and veggies. I use all Olive oil, even though the blogger suggests cutting the EVOO with soy oil to make it cheaper.

http://www.pennilessparenting.com/search?q=italian+dressing

Zesty Italian Dressing Recipe
    Ingredients
    1 cup of the vinegar (any type is fine, whether ACV, wine vinegar, rice vinegar, etc...)
    1 1/3 cup of olive oil or other oil (I usually do half olive oil, half cheaper oil)
    2 tablespoons of water
    1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
    1/2 tablespoon onion powder
    1/2 tablespoon honey, white sugar, or sucanat
    1 tablespoons dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
    1 tablespoons salt

Instructions
    1. Pour ingredients into a glass jar or bottle with a cover. You may need to use a funnel, in which case pour the dry things in first before the liquids.
    2. Cover and shake well.
  • jenfitz
    jenfitz Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I make a balsamic/olive dressing that I seem to be a bit hooked on at the moment, it seems to be in nearly every meal! I make a triple quantity that sees me through whole week (usually 2 salads a day).

- 5 Tb mild tasting olive oil
    - 2 Tb balsamic vinegar
    - 1 tsp dijon mustard
    - a little salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
    - juice of 1/2 a lemon

Combine in screw top jar and shake well. Tastes best after a day when it's had time to mellow and the flavours are well blended.
    I do this almost exactly but I add minced fresh garlic- delish!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes-and-cooking/50-salad-dressing-recipes/index.html

lots of really good ones. i want to try the one with hazelnut oil and dill etc..sounds delish!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    bump
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I love home made salad dressings. Thanks to everyone who posted recipes and I hope more will add to the Post.