March 4th

Options
Hooray, I made myself do it! I wish I was one of the lucky ones who are beginning to enjoy it, but I will be honest and say I count down every set until the end!!! :laugh:

But I'm determined to keep on going as it's not meant to be easy. I will say I felt a little less out of breath today and woke up feeling a bit less sore, so good signs!

Keep it up everyone!

Replies

• anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I completed day 4 this morning and I'm the same, can't say I'm "enjoying" it but I'm determined to work through the full 30 days as best I can. I just need to get those blooming bicycle sit ups sorted and I'll be happy.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Since I started at the end of February I jumped up to level 2 today! What a great feeling...now to shower and get ready for work!
  • Suzeboo
    Suzeboo Posts: 50
    Options
    I just finished my Day 3L1 and I CAN DO PUSH UPS!!! I am so shocked that I managed to push through the pain in my shoulders and do it!! Horaaaay! Today my 1 year old daughter took part. She decided to lay across my tummy whilst I was in the middle of the circuit 2 abs section so that was quite challenging lol. I am really enjoying it even though I do still hurt all over. I am also taking part in a squat challenge at the moment so my legs really are quite sore. :noway:
  • CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    I have just woken up and ready to start day 4 of the Level 1. My muscles are much less sore today, so, hopefully, I can stop half-assign at least some of the exercises.
  • kikis935
    kikis935 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I switched up to level 2 today. So I'm planning 18 days here. It was def more challenging so I may switch to level 3 before the 18 days hit. But I'm missing my Nike Training app, so I think the hardest part is going to be doing the same workout for the next 27 days.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I've booked my lunch hour for this. It will be day 3 for me.
  • CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    Just finished day 4 or the level 3. I am not impressed with my performance today at all. I felt very dizzy and had to constantly pause to catch a breath – even on the exercises that are usually a piece of cake for me. I think this might be a result of yesterday’s fast, which consisted of not consuming any food between 6pm on Saturday and 6pm on Sunday. Or maybe it has to do with my body refusing to be challenged before breakfast. It’s hard to tell yet. On a positive note, my soreness is almost gone, and I have improved a little bit on my push-ups: 9 before “squat + press” and 5 after (up from 5 and 3 respectively). Woohoo!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Coffee, probably breakfast and then day 4.
    I never ever thought I'd be the person who's pumped to GET TO work out.

I took a break from 30ds in favor of yoga meltdown, a long walk in the "snowstorm" (it was mildly blustery but there WAS a lot of snow) and, I kid you not, a few minutes of a Richard Simmons aerobic video. I love that joyful little man.
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Day 3 for me as I missed yesterday. I'm still too bust not dying to be enjoying myself yet but I think I'm improving a little. This was the first day I could pick myself up off the floor afterwards and jump on my stationary bike for 35 minutes so I count that as a win! :happy:
  • beejelblor
    beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just finished my Day 3L1 and I CAN DO PUSH UPS!!! I am so shocked that I managed to push through the pain in my shoulders and do it!! Horaaaay! Today my 1 year old daughter took part. She decided to lay across my tummy whilst I was in the middle of the circuit 2 abs section so that was quite challenging lol. I am really enjoying it even though I do still hurt all over. I am also taking part in a squat challenge at the moment so my legs really are quite sore. :noway:
    haha my twin nephews who are 14 months will be "helping" me from time to time.... it will keep it fun
  • doodlemeg
    doodlemeg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 4! =D
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Day three is in the books! It was the first day trying to do this in the morning before work, which was a victory in and of itself. I got up 30 minutes earlier than usual, and managed to get the workout in, the rest of my morning animal chores, and out the door early! I think it revved my metabolism up enough to make me get ready faster than usual. Woo hoo! I was less sore after the workout than I was before I started this morning. I still can't believe how much of me is sore! Glutes, inner thighs, abs and shoulders/pecs got the worst of it, though I'm sure they just hurt MORE than the other muscles. It was a lot easier today, and all in all it goes by pretty fast! I'm not sure I enjoy it yet, but I will say I enjoy it's shortness and am hopeful this 30 days is the gateway exercise I need to get back to regular morning pre-work exercise routine! It's so nice to have it done before the day really starts...:)
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Day 7 Level 1 completed! I plan to do Leslie Sansone's 1 mile walk this afternoon again and maybe try out her 2 mile walk tonight. We'll see if I make it!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    Just finished day four. Still hate the first circuit with all the bouncing. I've been using 3 lb weights and today grabbed the extra 1 lb Zumba sticks I have and used 4 lbs for the exercises. Still sore, mostly my sides and around the knees, but noticing some difference in my stamina.

Shower time
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I will be on Day 7 today but will be repeating 4 days. My daughter just started doing the video with me on Saturday and I am going to stick at her level so we can do it together and keep her motivated. Since I didn't do the 30DS on my lunch break I went for a 27 minute walk/jog. It felt great! I had more stamina than before and I felt stronger. I haven't walked in 2 weeks due to illness and starting the 30DS.
    I also am doing today's mini-challenge of 300 jumping jacks. I am half way there but I will get it finished!
  • debbieled32
    Options
    looking forward to doing it today after work :)
  • 33RIPlg
    33RIPlg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So glad I am not the only one who isn't doing this first thing in the morning. As much as I would love to get up and going with a workout, I just can't get myself up an extra 40 minutes early. So far I am just managing to get this in before bed each night.
  • mary127
    mary127 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done. Doing pretty well, but the one thing that gets hard are the side lunges/raising the dumbbells out in front up to eye level. I do fine the first set of reps but the second time it comes around it gets hard lifting towards the end...feel it in my arms, but that's a good thing!

Happy Monday everyone

:flowerforyou:
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Day 3 is done... today I did okay, but the bicycle crunches at the end did me in -- I only got about 1 done to every 2-3 of theirs. By the time we get to them, I'm just spent (I never knew I could sweat so terribly!!) I HATE THOSE THINGS!!
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    D1L1: Done.

Need to take measurements tonight.