March 5th

Options
Well if you have made it this far then you are 1/6 of the way through this thing!!

Still not enjoying it but am less sore and finding some things a little easier.

On we go!!

Replies

• marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I don't "dread" it as much as I did in the beginning, and I'm finding that I know L1 well enough that I can "see the end of the tunnel".

Now, when we get to L2.....
  • csimpson954
    Options
    Day 5 complete! And I actually managed to get up early for a morning workout! Hopefully I don't regret that later lol. Idk if its getting easier or if I'm slacking. Still can't finish all of everything but I can do a little more than day 1.
  • Hiskhaleesi
    Hiskhaleesi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else finding their knees hurting... A LOT? Not sure if I should cut out the high impact cardio (jumping jacks and jump rope) and sub in one of the lower impact one's that we do throughout? I don't want to hurt my knees and not be able to do anything.Aaron
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I must be the freak in this group as I actually look forward to exercise now. Trust me in that I never said that before. I was more of a sedentary book type person.
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 1 for me. So far so good. Certainly not easy since its been months since I have exercised but I can see how it will get better as the days go on. Trying to keep eating mostly healthy! I only for MFP recently :-) but I like it!!
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Day 4 this morning, that's two morning workouts in a row! MAJOR victory there! I read about how soreness just disappears by day four. It hasn't disappeared, but it was dramatically less this morning. I feel great, and am happy that it goes by so fast. I'm already tired of hearing Jillian say the same thing over and over, so I turn it way down and NPR news up! It's multitasking at it's finest. :)
  • Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Day 5 completed!!! Feeling really good today!!! Added some light weights to cardio to get a really good workout!!! Almost to level 2!!! We can do it!!!
  • 33RIPlg
    33RIPlg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Glad I am not the only one who doesn't exactly look forward to it. I am still really sore, but am pushing through. Yeah for all of us for making it this far.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    Day five done. Did almost all the jumping jacks - had to catch my breath for about three, which is way more than I've done. Still pretend to skip rope. I'm noticing less soreness, mostly the obliques, but if those things are getting firmer, I'm okay with it.

Now on to a 30 min session with my personal trainer. I'm thinking he won't take this workout into consideration and go easier on me. Last week he upped all my weights.
  • mrslynch
    mrslynch Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Today was only day 2 for me... day one, not much soreness... today, definitely sore! I'm modifying the jumping jacks because of a recent knee sprain, and my squats and lunges are pretty pathetic
  • jmm083
    jmm083 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started a little earlier so today is day 8 for me. I was actually really good and motivated every day up until today. I think it's just a matter of being in a terrible mood since waking up. I am hoping to get my workout in this evening.

Now that I know the moves I have muted her and put my own music on. Only two days/workouts away from going up a level and having to pay attention again.
  • debbieled32
    Options
    will be doing my day 4 today afterwork
    i find i am not as sore as day 2, but still sweat so much after the first 6 minutes
  • blasian603
    blasian603 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Day 5!! Knocked it out the box this morning!! I think I'm going to try muting JM and putting on my on music. Part of the dread of doing 30DS is the boring elevator music playing in the background with JM talking through the entire workout!! I need some music that's going to motivate me! Great job, everyone, for making it this far!!
  • joeymalone142
    Options
    Today was day 6 for me after two days off. I think it would have been a great work out, I wasn't sore and have built a little endurance, but for some reason my mid back was really hurting for the the cardio, the impact I guess? I was really fearing injury so I only did it to the point where it did not hurt. And because I didn't really get the warm up jumping jacks in like I should have the front of one of my thighs really hurt on the first forward lunge/bicep curl set. Ugh, like something almost pulled. It makes me feel old! I hope I can push through as even though I have only done 6 days I can swear I can tell it's making a difference already!
  • mclay12
    mclay12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done!!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 8...still hate the bicycles at the very end but improvement shown overall. I haven't looked at Level 2 so I don't know how much "advanced" that one is. We'll see soon.

Hang in there everyone! :laugh:
  • doodlemeg
    doodlemeg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Day 5 is complete!

Has anyone else doubled up on the workout? Or am I alone in that one? I know it may sound crazy to do the workout twice in a day but my goal is to do 30-60mins of exercise a day and since the Shred is only about 20mins it doesn't hit my goal.

Also, if any of you are looking for some good music to do the Shred to I've been LOVING David Guetta's CD Nothing But The Beat 2.0 I find it is really encouraging and upbeat. I totally recommend it to everyone =)
  • kaekencoffee
    kaekencoffee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    MAN! Hard to keep track of where to post!

Day 5 and I'm doing really well, all things considered! Even with my 'buggered' up wrist, I'm substituting the things I can't do and doing the things I can with Jillian. Hoping that by day 10 I can move up to level 2.

Now, to meet my other challenge of 50 miles in March. Off to the treadmill I go, then out to walk the dogs.

Keep going everyone! WE CAN DO IT!
  • CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    Completed Day 5 of L1 this morning. Performance-wise, this was the best day out of all five of them: My muscles are no longer sore, so I was able to increase my range of motion a bit on lunges and squats and didn’t have to stop every 5 seconds during cardio exercises as I did yesterday. When Jillian says, “If you’re on day 5, 6, 7 of this workout, I bet you could see a tremendous improvement in your endurance,” she is definitely not lying!
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Another day done :)

L1D5 = 1/6 the way through :)