extremely hungry

Options
bikinisuited
bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
I am so happy to have found this group. I started my 30 day challenge, 4 days completed. I am trying to lose 7 lbs (by end of April) and currently eating roughly 900-1300- (due to feeding window), I am not eating my exercise calorie as I am currently trying to lose .4 to 1 lbs the last two weeks. My stats are 5'1 and 107 lbs and not very active the last month due to knee injury but back at 4 days straight with bikram yoga. Any suggestions as to what recommendations, I am afraid to increase my calorie intake as I have struggled to lose these 10 lbs for almost 2 years. Finally making some progress now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I am trying hard not to regain the last 3 lbs I lost.

Is this possible that I am now hungrier? I don't think I am burning that many calories perhaps I am wrong..

Best regards,

Rosie

Replies

• uberkrafty
    uberkrafty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Do you do bikram yoga in the morning or in the evening?
    For me, I'd do yoga mostly in the evenings... which means I really have to power up during lunch. Normally I'd make sure I'd have enough carbs at lunch so I have more energy doing the workout. To be quite honest with you, it's pretty difficult to figure out how much calories you burn with bikram since it all depends on how hard you workout. I haven't gone with a heart rate monitor yet to get an accurate reading, but I'd suspect I'd burn between 250-400 (I'm 5'4", 119 lbs).
    Anyways, so far I find that eating my exercise calories help but I'd probably leave a margin of 100-150 calories. Again, this is just based on my own personal experience so I think you may have to see what works for you. I definitely think you should at least eat SOME of your exercise calories.
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Weekends, I started Saturday and Sunday with late afternoon classes, these days were fine. Nothing unusual. Now with the starting of this week, Monday late afternoon and today early morning. I am delegating as to eating my exercise calorie due to my 3 lbs lost progress. 8 months back, I was the cardio queen and ate my exercise calorie and I did not make any progress, after 6 months I was back at starting weight 111.

I have a heart monitor but the battery died before starting this program. No luck on this part, I am not using calorie burn for the current time. Perhaps giving it a one week straight than I can determine and evaluate my progress.

Doing yoga in the evening is a great idea as it is relaxing and not feeling rush to return to work and my eating pattern is different. Today was my first morning class, I think I found the problem. I should stick with evening classes, sometimes mentally I just want to be done! New concept for me and I am trying hard not to think of the smell mentally....:sad:

Thank you for your suggestions. Great group for feedback!:flowerforyou:
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    When I used to do the 8pm class, I would come home and eat everything in sight. Now that I'm doing the 6pm class, I make sure to have a good snack at 4pm, then I come home after class and eat my dinner. I'm able to control my eating much better if I still have a meal left to eat after class.