2013 Indiana Runs

Options

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    On the cheap end - over the summer, Blue Mile also offers "Brew Miles" - various locations on a week night that are only $5 and includes a drink at the end (beer or soda). They post it on their facebook page, and will have notices up in the stores too!

Thanks! I never thought about "liking" Blue Mile on Facebook...
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    On the recommendation of Coolhand1969, I am posting another run opportunity in Columbus, IN..... http://www.millracemarathon.com/ It's on September 28 and is their first. I think it'll be well run. There is actually a marathon, 1/2 marathon and 5K. Plenty of time to get ready!!!
  • krstn102109
    krstn102109 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Thanks for adding me to the group! One of my 2013 goals is to do the color run! I saw a lot of you are recommending the C25K app. I am going to start that ASAP. I am completely new to running but I think if I start now I will be ready for the color run by July. Is anyone else planning on doing this one?
  • Bullfrog2957
    Bullfrog2957 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am doing the "Color Me Rad" 5k on Sept 14th at the state fairgrounds. I didn't see it on the calendar. I'm using my C25k app and my goal is to jog the entire time without walking intervals.
    Thanks for sharing the calendar link~!

Its a really fun day and the fairgrounds is a nice set up because there is no traffic to worry about. My only advice is to put cotton in your ears.... you will be pulling color out of everywhere for a week and its nice to have some protection.
  • Bullfrog2957
    Bullfrog2957 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Excellent resource for upcoming races around the state and country. I have committed to the Strip and Run for the Salvation Army and the Shamrock Run in Indianapolis.

shamrock is an annual family favorite. Great time.
  • berryjwells
    berryjwells Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Hendricks County Park to Park Relay in June, the Color Me Rad 5K in Sept., Warrior Dash in Crawfordsville in Aug., and the Spartan Race in April. I'm trying to find one each month to participate in.
  • happymom2013
    Options
    I am doing The Color Run in July!! I am having a hard time training indoors, I am just going go for running in the cold. Starting this Monday the 25th :-)
  • bsgordon
    bsgordon Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate the 5K information. I am not a runner but enjoy participating in the walks. Dont forget the Indy Komen Race for the Cure in April. I have participated with a "survivor" friend for the past 9 years. I have had far too many friends that have battled breast cancer and a couple that have lost the battle. If you have never participated, it is a very emotional day that will make a mark on your life forever.
  • lanaharves
    Options
    I'm doing the Sam Costas 1/4 Marathon on March 23rd. I will probably get my butt kicked since I'm so out of shape.
    I will do the Geist 5K, The HeartWalk 5K and The Wine at the Line 5K.
    My goal for 2013 is to run 12 5Ks. I'm not off to a great start...I'll catch up though.
  • rnc0909
    rnc0909 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm actually signing up for The Color Run on 7/20 in Indy this weekend! :) Yay! But, looking at that website, I'm also considering the Tomahawk 8K in Danville on 3/23, the Rainbow Run/Walk in Indy on 6/1, and definitely the Zombie Outbreak 5K on 7/27 in Indy! I am also doing one that supports MS research in Indy on April 27th - not sure of the name of it. I'm going with a friend. I really only want to walk though, for now. But it's a start! :)
    Oh! And I didn't see it on the list but I definitely want to do the Run Through the Jungle 5K this year in Center Point at the Exotic Feline Rescue Center!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Just registered for the Holliday Park Trail Run--one of my favorites! Coming up on March 23--check it out here if you're interested: http://www.hollidaypark.org/trailrun.html
  • mgtindall
    mgtindall Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to run Sam Costa on the 23rd, but I have to work a booth at a truck show in Louisville, KY that Saturday, my work is starting to interfere with my run schedule. However, I'm excited about the time changing this weekend, so I'm able to run after work when it's still light out. I'm training for my 4th Indy 500 Mini, plus the Geist Half a couple of weeks after that.
  • JenniferH007
    Options
    I am running my first 5k in 7yr in indy geist 5k for team Luke a kid who has cancer.

http://geisthalf.com/

one question is there a running club in indy?

Jennifer
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My wife just signed her and I up for the Holliday Park trail run at the end of the month. Although I may not be prepared I am excited to get out and do something.
  • mini_girl7
    mini_girl7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm running this Saturday (March 09) in the Training Series 10K -- I saw one other person signed up in this thread -- anyone else?? Soooo much fun running in the cold, you know :D
  • mlsmith1524
    Options
    I know several of you are running in the 2013 OneAmerica Festival Mini Marathon in May. I'm actually running the half marathon again for the second time. The first time was for me. This year, I'm running for a cause! This year, I'm running to raise money for the Alzheimer's Assocation. My goal is to raise $500. If any of you are interested in helping me reach my goal, please follow the link below! Please know that anything you do, whether it be monetary or simply speaking to a friend or family member about the growing disease, will be greatly appreciated!

http://act.alz.org/site/TR/ActiveEvents/IN-GreaterIndiana?px=6340264&pg=personal&fr_id=3040
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to sign up for Run for your lives in Indy this June.

http://www.runforyourlives.com/indiana-overview-2013/
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to sign up for Run for your lives in Indy this June.

http://www.runforyourlives.com/indiana-overview-2013/

oh -yeah - I really reaaly wanna do that one... but it's SO expensive!! :(
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone at the Dino Series Trail Run at Eagle Creek yesterday (Saturday 3/9)!! You survived LOTS of mud and an icy section that was a uncomfortably close to a 15 foot drop into the reservoir. So much fun! Congrat to the DINO team too!!