Food on the Go

Options
SnicciFit
SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
How do you travel while eating real food? Here's how I made my road trip this weekend

traveling.jpg.html

Replies

• SnicciFit
    Options
    Dangit! I still can't seem to post pictures. WTH?! Someone please help... :grumble:
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    Anyway, I took an avocado, some larabars, an apple, a clementine, some homemade grass-fed beef jerky and almonds. :happy:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to post photos, otherwise I'd help you out!

When I travel and bring food from home, I take stuff like sturdy fruit, nuts, jerky when I lived in the US--over here in the UK, it would be biltong (same thing, really) if I can get it.

Depending how long I'm going to be away from a decent meal, and what the situation will be like as far as it being convenient to eat, I might bring a baked sweet potato or a salad, etc.
  • sparky38351
    Options
    Nicci, you know I got serious in my travels...I packed a grill! Lol
  • THExNEKOxCHAN
    THExNEKOxCHAN Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am house sitting this week, so I'll be cooking for myself, and brought my low carb/no carb/gluten free stuff with me. Coconut oil, some tallow, some duck fat, coconut flour, almond flour, raw milk, pork belly, chicken livers (oh yes, I went there!), and tons of veggies. I will have plenty of access to grass fed beef, some chicken, and plenty more home grown veggies from their garden. I am well set to keep my low-carb journey going strong. Not only that, I have animals to tend, and a doggie to walk. And possibly even a bike to ride.

For traveling on the road, you cannot beat the humble boiled egg. Oh yes. Veggie sticks, boiled eggs, trail mix, beef jerky, etc.
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    WOAH! I think I figured out how to post photos....

NnDluFh.jpg