Where you're at and where you wanna be.

Options
2»

Replies

• Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I am 34 and I am currently very very pregnant, so my goals for the next 12 months are to get back to my pre-preg weight + and extra 10kg & get my max lifts back to where they were pre-preg. (Squat 97.5kg, bench 65kg, dead 127.5kg, snatch 45kg, C&J 65kg).

I am another crossfitter, its how I started lifting and I agree it gets alot of people, especially women, into lifting. Funnily enough I see strongwoman/highlander stuff in my future, I really feel like that's my sport. In Crossfit I am very driven to win a WOD, I can really push myself and am quite good at heavy WODS, but I suck at the gymnastic stuff and the long runs etc....
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    not quite a power lifter here. I'm taking my time with adding muscle before I add quite a bit more weight. Right now I can easily perform most lifts at or just under my bodyweight. Except Bench Press. That is my sucky weakpoint.

As for Crossfit it is nothing more than a pumped up fitness fad for people who want to train like high level athletes. Fine for those with a safe and wonderful coach who teaches proper progression and technique. Awful for those who get slapped down and injured by the ego's need to push and not progress smartly and safely.

All the top CF athletes are just top athletes in a former fitness area. CF will not take a beginner adult to top form. It will destroy them.

High reps or high weight in differing intensities of workout and workout frequency are the oldest training methods in the world. CF did not create it but emulated it and brought that kind of training to the public in a group setting vs. a private personal training setting.

as for where I want to be:
    I want to be super healthy and strong for the rest of my life! How heavy I lift depends on my patience and progress but I know I can always continue to get better and stronger as long as I never quit!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

I agree with you completely. If you actually look at the REALLY good powerlifters, there are very few fat ones. The best of all time, imo, Ed Coan wasn't exactly a tank *kitten*, neither is KK, Rhino, Capt Kirk, JL, etc. In fact, the only fat one that I can think of that's currently worth a damn is Benni.

Very true. Especially raw (with the exception of Wilkerson maybe, but he squats a mile high). Some of the top geared lifters are pretty fat, but they essentially gain weight just to make gear fit tighter. That's when it gets ridiculous.

Dan Green, the Lillibridges, Rhino, Pete Rubish, all of those guys are pretty jacked and they're at the top of their weight classes.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I'm 33
    5'10" 160-165 lbs.

Here are my lifts right now. (held back in advancing on my squats for a little while because of knee worries)

Bench - 65 - only been at it for 5-6 weeks - aiming to get to 75-80 as my first step on the way to 100 and eventually 125
    Squat - 125 - aiming for 150 first then 200 before reassessing
    Deadlift - 150 right now, I think 175 is my all time max - I want to get to 240 (1.5x bodyweight)
    OHP - 50 - want to get to 75 by the summer
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    37 yrs old
    165 lbs

Squat 350 lbs - this was my "goal". I guess my new goal is 400.
    Bench 225 lbs - want 250. let's take it 1 step at a time.
    Deadlift 415 - want 500. next stop is 450.

I'd like to be elite across the board. I have to say that I don't have super high confidence about getting there, as age seems to be catching up with me, and I only started being active/fit when I got to my 30's.
  • yoovie
    Options
    29yo. 30 at the end of June. :)
    6'0", 90.4kg

Squat: 150kg
    Bench: 105kg
    Deadlift: 210kg

OMG i thought you were the girl in your pictures Ive been sitting here thinking... how.... HOW IS THIS HAPPENING???
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 6'1" 239 lbs. Here are my lifts right now.

Bench - 275 want 405
    Squat - 405 want 550-600
    Deadlift - 515 want 600+ use straps above 455
    Strict OHP -185 want 275
  • yoovie
    Options
    I'm 33
    5'10" 160-165 lbs.

Here are my lifts right now. (held back in advancing on my squats for a little while because of knee worries)

Bench - 65 - only been at it for 5-6 weeks - aiming to get to 75-80 as my first step on the way to 100 and eventually 125
    Squat - 125 - aiming for 150 first then 200 before reassessing
    Deadlift - 150 right now, I think 175 is my all time max - I want to get to 240 (1.5x bodyweight)
    OHP - 50 - want to get to 75 by the summer

I push-pressed 55 this morning, had to push, but did indeed get it up over my head. a month ago I couldn't do that with with 40 pounds.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    27, I'm trying not to focus on totals (though I obviously want to total a billion like everyone else).

My primary goal is to properly peak for a meet. To have a well laid out plan going into competition and go 9 for 9 on my lifts. If I can do that regularly, I think the strength I'm after will come.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I'm 28
    5'9", 150 lbs

Bench- 80. I'll be tickled when I get to 100 but ultimately I'd like to be able to bench body weight.

Squat- 155. 200 will be a spectacular landmark. But I love squats. I intend to do as much as I can forever.

Dead- 165. Again, 200 will be great. Beyond that will be even greater.

OHP- 65. I'll feel better about 100. I've read elite is 120 for my weight. Ridiculous. I been working on my deltoids. :laugh: It'll be better than that someday.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Great thread:

I'm 41 - 7 months into PL training so still new
    BW is 80.8kg / 178lb

Currently
    70kg / 154lb squat
    40kg / 88lb bench
    100kg / 220lb deadlift

Last comp was 60kg / 35kg and 85kg so should progress nicely in May - that is my initial goal

Goals for 2013
    90kg squat
    55kg bench
    130kg deadlift

I am really slow at gaining on bench and squat and hoping these are attainable goals overall, but would be thrilled to be lifting these numbers as lift raw and natural.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    29yo. 30 at the end of June. :)
    6'0", 90.4kg

Squat: 150kg
    Bench: 105kg
    Deadlift: 210kg

Train almost exclusively for powerlifting, more seriously for the last 15 or so months. I compete and will do for a while i think. Also looking to get into strongman in the future. Most likely second half of year. most definately the entire SM season next year.

Had a lot of trouble with the squat, finding the groove that best suited me took some time and some mucking around with my coach. being of "lanky" proportions (legs much longer than torso) i'm not overly suited to it at all, but i Will squat 200kg+ or snap in half trying. but i've got it now. :p and its been rising ever since. Also have long arms, hence hitting 200kg + deadlift relatively quickly. Though it has stalled out a little in recent months with my heavy focus on squatting.

Aesthetically i've never been vein in the slightest. :p
    until more recently i've started wanting to look like i can lift what i can. a few guys getting around my gym now that "look" stronger than me...annoying a little. haha. but its just as annoying for them to be out lifted each week too! first world problems.

wrote this a couple of weeks ago.

started reading Arnie's biography.
    starting wanting to be bigger and more defined. :P

when i return from Europe in july...i'm going to be incorporating a lot more hypertrophy focussed stuff, and god forbid some isolation work. :p

cant beleive i just wrote that.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

when i return from Europe in july...i'm going to be incorporating a lot more hypertrophy focussed stuff, and god forbid some isolation work. :p

I love the 'underdog' look. If it were in the cards for me, I'd love to have Gant's stature and lifts. Who the hell expects some little 123 pound guy to make 90+% of gym lifters of all weight classes look like total pansies with the iron? :D
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

I love the 'underdog' look. If it were in the cards for me, I'd love to have Gant's stature and lifts. Who the hell expects some little 123 pound guy to make 90+% of gym lifters of all weight classes look like total pansies with the iron? :D

I agree, I love out lifting heavier guys. Like I said I would rather be strong than look strong. I do like the look, just don't wanna be bodybuilder stature. I would like to stay flexible and very mobile.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Meh, I lived in Samoa for my first two years of high school. I NEVER want to be the small guy again, ever.
  • tdeprat
    Options
    I am a beginner as I just started training 5-3-1 in January. I have always been told I was "strong for a girl", so here I am. Let's see how far I get in 2013.

I am 32 yrs old and currently 195lbs. (I'd like to get down to 145lbs and have my numbers stay the same or go up and possibly compete)

*Here are my starting numbers for my 1 rep maxes: Bench Press: 145lbs, Squat: 205lbs, and Dead Lift: 230lbs. @204lbs

*Here are my current numbers after the first 5 weeks: Bench Press: 175lbs, Squat: 215lbs, and Dead Lift: 240lbs. @195lbs

I will post my new numbers after the end of these 5 weeks (this is week 3). :-)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Those are some STRONG lifts! :drinker:
  • tdeprat
    Options
    ^^^ Those are some STRONG lifts! :drinker:

Thanks! :blushing:

To be honest, I am excited to see where my numbers go as I have never really lifted before.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm 32...269lbs I have been strength training for about 8 months now

Current flat bench 400(raw) want to get a 500 bench
    Current incline bench 315 haven't set a goal for this
    Current squat just above parallel 660 want 700 parallel
    Current deadlift 450 want to get to 700
  • littlebigsteve
    littlebigsteve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great numbes man