PUSH UPS ARE THE DEVIL!!

Options
At least that's how i feel. I have tried and tried to get out of the modified version of the push ups and for some reason i just suck! I can't do more than 2 sometimes 3 REAL push ups in a row. It hurts my wrist. I think i'm doing them right. Today is day 10 on level 1 and i will moving onto level 2 tomorrow. This makes me nervous as i still have not conquered the push ups. Does anyone else find the push ups to be straight from hell?!

Replies

• debbieled32
    Options
    im the same way, i can do 2-3 real push ups and then my wrist start to hurt. even when i went to a boot camp and ask the insturctor if i was doing it wrong and she told me no.
    i can never do a real push up
    but i figure there is no same in that and i will just stick with the modified version
    im still getting a great arm work out. so i stick to what works
  • CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    I hate push-ups! Even the modified ones are totally killing me - especially the second set. Haven't even bothered to try the real one.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I started Level @ today and there are "walking push-ups" in there. I managed but OMG!
  • wannabeloser08
    Options
    I started Level @ today and there are "walking push-ups" in there. I managed but OMG!

I'm thinking you meant level 2.... YIKESSSS!! I start tomorrow. Now i'm scared.
  • beejelblor
    beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i can not express how much the push ups kill my life!!! i am nowhere near moving on from modified pushups, at day 6 last night i was able to for the first time complete both sets but it was ridiculously hard and my arms are really sore today! the thought of "walking pushups" in level 2 worries me lol!
  • doodlemeg
    doodlemeg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, I can't seem to get out of the modified version for more then a couple but all we can do is keep trying I guess! I've made a mini personal goal to be able to do 10 real push ups by the end of the 30 days :)
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options

Yep, that's what I meant. LOL I never did full push-ups in Level 1 but managed the walking in Level 2. I'm sure they weren't pretty but I did them. I was doing the workout on my lunchbreak but it didn't work too well. Some of the exercises wouldn't work here because the floor is slippery. I have rubber soles on my shoes but my feet still slipped. I'm going to have to figure out something else.
  • bugs5697
    bugs5697 Posts: 85
    Options
    It hurts my wrist. I think i'm doing them right.

Try these wrist excercises. Most can be done sitting at your desk or watching TV.

Wrist Curls- Take a dumbbell and hold it so your palm faces upwards with your arm perpendicular to your body. Using only your wrist, raise the dumbbell repeatedly and then do it with the other arm.

Reverse Wrist Curls- Take a dumbbell and hold it so your palm faces downward with your arm perpendicular to your body. Using only your wrist, start with the dumbbell below your arm and pull it up so it is level. Do this repeatedly, and then work on the other arm.

Wrist Rolls - Using a rope, attach a weight to one side and tie the other side to the center of a sturdy stick or rod. Hold it out in front of you by the stick, with your palms facing down, and roll up the weight to the stick. Then, roll it back down to the floor.

Golf Wrist Exercise- Have your arm by its side and hold a golf club by the end of the handle. Using only your wrists, point it toward the sky, then down again. Start with a light club, then work your way up.

Brush your teeth with both hands. You will be surprised at how hard it is with your non-dominant hand, but your wrists will become stronger and it will become easier. Plus, you will clean your teeth better too!

Wrist circles- move your wrists in a circular motion left, then right.

And Good luck!!!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

I like the walking push ups..sorta! LOVE the plank jacks though!!!!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    When I first did the Shred, I was unable to do even 1 single real push up.

After completing the Shred, I was able to do 5-6 of them.

Just keep going, you'll get stronger. Trust me.
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Edit duplicate post
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Took me ages to learn to do a good push up. I can do ten before a break and then maybe another 5-6. I'm hoping to increase this by the end of the shred.

When doing a push up the core must be kept tight. That makes it easier for the body to push.

Make sure your hands aren't too wide either. This will make it more difficult and put more pressure on the wrists.

Instead of copying jillian (nose to the floor) try getting a smaller range to allow your body to get used to the movement.

But above all, just keep trying. If you can do just 1, you will soon be doing just 2....

(The amount of times I fell on my face in body pump while pensioners out pumped me! Lol )