Favorite easy paleo meals

Options
atynk
atynk Posts: 400 Member
Starting a 30 day paleo challenge at the gym (although i have been primal for a few months), and looking for some quick meal ideas! My hubby is doing it this time, so I need to cook more to have leftovers! Appreciate if you share you favs!

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    my favorite quickies are variations on a "mash" which involves

1. meat, generally I use ground beef, browned in a skillet
    2. vegetables
    3. spices

you mix up items 2 and 3 as your tastes dictate. For example, a moroccan mash would be something like this http://stiritup.me/?p=3389 with sweet potatoes and chili powder and cumin. A mexican mash would be tomatoes, avocado, onions and peppers with chili powder. Italian could be sausage instead of beef with onions, tomatoes, parsley, oregano, and crushed red pepper. You could do a Mediterranean chicken variation with lemon juice, butter, any veggie you choose, and some S&P.

The variations are endless and the ingredients are minimal. There is the option of either cooking in a crock pot or on the stove depending on your needs. I always keep extra ingredients and a fully stocked spice rack for this style of quick meals.
  • bmstee03
    bmstee03 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato enchiladas the lazy way. I bake the sweet potatoes instead of frying them. The recipe I have is from paleomg.com.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    red pepper, stuffed with 1 can albacore tuna mixed with 2 tbsp dijon mustard,bake at 375 for 25 min, easy and yummy
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Pan Fried Coconut Chicken -

BS Chicken breasts, sliced in half so they are very thin
    About 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
    Seasonings of your choice
    1 egg
    Coconut oil

Heat up oil in a frying pan (cast iron if you've got it) over med to med/high heat (do not get it too hot or the coconut will burn and the chicken will be raw). Mix the coconut with any added seasonings you might want (salt, pepper, cajun etc), dredge the chicken breasts through the mixed egg and then into the coconut/seasoning mixture. Coat well on both sides. Pan fry when the oil is nice and hot, turning frequently.

I always make at least double what I need for dinner, this stuff is almost even better cold!!
  • beccalyse
    beccalyse Posts: 21
    Options
    I made ridiculously good buffalo wings tonight.

Pre-heat oven @ 450.

Boil wings (yes, boil them... trust me) in salted water for 7-10 minutes.

Dry wings and season with salt and pepper.

Bake on cookie sheet (I lined mine with foil) for 30 minutes.

Flip wings and bake for another 10 minutes.

Heat hot sauce (most are actually Paleo friendly... I use Frank's Red Hot) with coconut oil/ghee/butter/whatever you like in sauce pan while wings are finishing cooking.

Toss wings in sauce and eat immediately.

Do a happy dance because wings are so good.
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I second the wings. That's how I cook mine and they are the best wings in town.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Saute chopped bell peppers, onions, garlic and chopped cabbage in fat of choice. Add 1-2lbs of ground beef and continue to "stir-fry" until the meat is cooked. Add salt & pepper (and anything else your heart desires) to taste. This one re-heats well for lunch the next day too.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    red pepper, stuffed with 1 can albacore tuna mixed with 2 tbsp dijon mustard,bake at 375 for 25 min, easy and yummy

this sounds awesome and so super easy! Gotta try this soon!
  • allisshiney
    allisshiney Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I needed this post
  • MiRatlhed
    MiRatlhed Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    The Coconut Chicken recipe sounds awesome! I am going to try that!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks! I need to try some of these ideas
  • AnR28
    AnR28 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You guys are really making me want to get back into this lifestyle with all the recipes!!

Stir-fry's were my go to! Frozen veggies really kept it cheap, too!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I heart the chocolate chili from clothesmakethegirl...yum!!
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I heart the chocolate chili from clothesmakethegirl...yum!!

Thanks for the tip, I just looked this up and it sounds so good. I'm making it tonight!
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    1lb ground beef mixed with an egg, salt, pepper and finely chopped red onion. Form into burgers. Cook in skillet with good EVOO or coconut oil.
    In oven at 400, sweet potato oven fries coated in olive oil and a little kosher salt.

Lettuce, tomato, red onion.
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I love anything involving a slow cooker! Usually you just dump the ingredients in (sometimes you have to lightly brown something) and then let it cook all day!
  • shelleycc
    shelleycc Posts: 49
    Options
    A skillet full of fresh spinach, sauteed in lard and wilted down, then toss in a quickie protein (leftover cooked chicken/fish/meat, beaten eggs, a can of sardines/tuna/kippers, etc). Season however you like. My favorites are fish sauce, hot sauce, coconut aminos, dried herb blends, a big wad o' kimchi.

I eat this almost every day, any time of day.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    My Fave for breakfast, lunch and dinner is v simple- Bacon grilled and chopped up, an avocado chopped up, a few tomatoes and maybe cucumber chopped up and 2 boiled eggs chopped up- mix he hole thing together it's lovely!! If you're making in advance for munch etc squeeze some lemon over he avocado so it doesn't go grey.