Day 9 - freehand jump squats

Options

Replies

• brenperez18
    brenperez18 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Done with 4X25 jump squats and all I can say is WOW!!! I think I'm finally gonna be sore tomorrow!
  • murphoo
    murphoo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Did 100 normal squats.
  • Smorsb
    Smorsb Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Completed
  • elissawalther
    elissawalther Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Whew! These were pretty challenging. Definitely a sweat producer!! Does anyone have any tips for exercises that will improve my jump height??
  • Sonya27
    Sonya27 Posts: 9
    Options
    done...
  • erin4455
    erin4455 Posts: 135
    Options
    Day 9 - 100 Squats, Completed.
  • atuchon
    atuchon Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    This was definitely a challenge! But...Done!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    100 regular squats done... major shin splint pain so jumping was definitely out
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Well, because of one knee, I can't jump like that. HOWEVER...I did 150 regular squats. I had my husband watch me for 100 of them (4 sets of 25) to make sure I was going down far enough.

HOPE THAT PASSES for the day.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Done! I had to modify the squats (didn't jump but raised myself up onto the balls of my feet quickly) but I got 'em done.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Day 9.. not too bad.
  • christocentrist
    Options
    Done and it may have only been 40% freehand jump but I def did at least or over 100 squats. :O
  • newmrsjones
    Options
    This is my first time in any group on here... I was referred by friend so I am only on Day 3 but I am excited. My thighs are on FIRE but I am committed. Just read about the freehand jump so I will try that on my day 5... I do have a question... Day 1 and 2 I went straight through to 50 and 55 but today I did three sets of 20 . Whats most effective? Thanks
  • truecaligirl
    truecaligirl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    100 SQUATS DONE
  • messy_Missy16
    messy_Missy16 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    This is my first time in any group on here... I was referred by friend so I am only on Day 3 but I am excited. My thighs are on FIRE but I am committed. Just read about the freehand jump so I will try that on my day 5... I do have a question... Day 1 and 2 I went straight through to 50 and 55 but today I did three sets of 20 . Whats most effective? Thanks

If you're on day 3 you should follow the schedule listed in the group info unless you want to jump into day 10. As for the squats you should do whatever suits you once you complete the daily total. Personally, for regular squats I do 1 straight set, for other squats i break them up depending on the degree of difficulty. Good luck to you and happy squatting!
  • HarleyQuinn1774
    HarleyQuinn1774 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Done =) My butt is soooooo sore!
  • HarleyQuinn1774
    HarleyQuinn1774 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Another Mrs. Jones..lol
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I was a slacker on day 9. :embarassed:

I spent all day Saturday shopping for furniture with my daughter and I just didn't have it in me by the time we finished. I may try to make these up throughout this week.
  • donnadavies72
    donnadavies72 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey guys so the squat of the day is freehand jump squats

Here's a video for those who don't know what it looks like
    (make sure to look at the video for proper form)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCuX8Xro5xo

And here's a pic

oqgnt0.gif

Happy Squatting!!!!!!

Are you trying to kill me?!? :sad:
  • donnadavies72
    donnadavies72 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I was walking like a duck after day 3! It does get better thankfully. I am a few days behind as i didn't start until the 3rd. I did yesterdays 80 squats in 10's left 10 then right 10 etc until i had completed all 80. I find it isn't as hard that way.

Good luck
    x