Memorial Day Low Carb Weight Loss Challenge - Week 3

Options
Week 3 runs from 3/10 to 3/16.

Anyone is welcome to join the challenge at any time.

This is the current list of participants (percentage indicated is based on starting weight and current weight) :

Bakkasan
BethieRose = 1.15%
Blessedwith3 = 1.5%
Citrislazer
codapea = .22%
cominupmilhouse
ctopherSmith = 3.21%
desiv2
doneatfour = 2.81%
EricCowperthw
fluffy925
geniepooh
HappySugarFree
Helenabc = .63%
Kpierce169
Lenorepyett
MamaDee2
msandwich = 2.79%
msshiraz
Rachel1913
River__Song Selector
Sasmin40
Sherman7057
slarobinson
smithntuck
Strawmama = .1.92%
tarakay84
Triplemom423 = .97%
virtualjunkyard = .80%

Formula for figuring %
1. starting weight - current weight
2. divide weight lost by starting weight
3. Mutliply by 100

I know that some of us weigh multiple times a week so your first weight that you post this week will be the one that I use for the weekly results.

Let's have fun!

Replies

• BlessedWith3
    Options
    Each morning is another opportunity for a fresh start.
  • Helenabc
    Helenabc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I had a lovely couple of days away with my sister who is getting married in a few weeks.
    I did indulge a little too much. So I will not weigh in until next week but I am really focused and I am looking forward to losing next week. Its the balance, enjoying life and meeting health goals but most important being kind to ourselves and others.

Good luck to everyone this week.
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    Hi,

I had a lovely couple of days away with my sister who is getting married in a few weeks.
    I did indulge a little too much. So I will not weigh in until next week but I am really focused and I am looking forward to losing next week. Its the balance, enjoying life and meeting health goals but most important being kind to ourselves and others.

Good luck to everyone this week.

So nice to hear that you had quality time with your sister.! You hit the nail on the head, Life is a balance!!!

Looking forward to hearing about the wedding :smile:
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    Mini Challenge for the week....check in on the Challenge thread! You don 't have to report your weight, just stop in and share your successes and frustrations - be it your eating plan or life in general.

My "ailment" is that I want to eat even though I am not hungry...and eat on plan, but just eat. I am an ex-smoker (quit 11 1/2 years ago) and my desire to eat is comparable to craving a cigarette. In fact, the intensity of desire is just as strong. At least I recognize that, but it doesn't make it any easier. I keep busy which doesn't eliminate the desire only keeps me from over eating.

My success this week...I have not given up hope that I can succeed.
  • bethierose
    bethierose Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Let's see.. my weight this week was 345.3.. a loss of 1.8 pounds.

My challenges this week are that I really want to stuff my face with emotional eating, PMS, and more emotional eating. I am really going to fight against it, but I say that as I sit with a medium sized piece of chocolate cake. sigh....

My successes this week are that I am getting my water! YAY! And now that it'll be light later, I'm going to try and walk a little in the neighborhood and/or rake my yard. :) Maybe that will cut the emotional eating some... **fingers crossed**
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    As usual, I'm not taking any measurements with tape or scale .... My next one is scheduled for the weekend of 3/23-3/24. My current challenge is Power90 Phase 3-4 which I just started .... and it's pretty tough.
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Updating - have lost 0.97%
  • bethierose
    bethierose Posts: 66 Member
    Options

My challenges this week are that I really want to stuff my face with emotional eating, PMS, and more emotional eating. I am really going to fight against it, but I say that as I sit with a medium sized piece of chocolate cake. sigh....

My successes this week are that I am getting my water! YAY! And now that it'll be light later, I'm going to try and walk a little in the neighborhood and/or rake my yard. :) Maybe that will cut the emotional eating some... **fingers crossed**

oops.. my total weight loss percentage for just this week is 0.52% and total is 1.13%! Yeah! Get away from me, dumb fat! lol
  • doneatfour
    doneatfour Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My success this week was going through a whole week without a "no log day." For the past 6 weeks, I would have one or more days when I didn't log. A lot of times these were unplanned very high carb (binge) days. I'd just give up on trying to log it all. I tracked everything this week no matter how tedious I found it.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm stalled :/

I will weigh in probably tomorrow, to see if I busted the stall :)
  • BlessedWith3
    Options

Fantastic job bethierose!!!! Huge pat on the back!

How's your handle on emotional eating going? Me, I decided to keep sugar free gum EVERYWHERE...and I mean everywhere. My first plan of action, when the desire to eat hits, is to change location and activity. If it still persists, I reach for the gum and am finding that is helping.
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    Triplemom - CONGRATS on the 10 pound mark!!! You ought to feel really proud.

Doneatfour - I suck at logging my food on MFP. So BRAVO to you for being diligent. I do track on paper and try to put some of it on here. For some reason it pains me. I am at least tracking my exercise.

Eric - I am thinking about weighing and measuring monthly. So many reasons why I should do that and breaking the bad addiction to the scale.

Strawmama - Stalling is okay. You are maintaining a 32 pound loss!!! I hope you break the stall soon, but if you don't, look at what you have accomplished so far.
  • doneatfour
    doneatfour Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    The percentages you post above, are they only for the week or from the starting weight?
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    The percentages you post above, are they only for the week or from the starting weight?

They are from starting weight. :smile:
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    I read this in an email today from the WHole 30 program and it is applicable to us.

There is a term in the health-behavior-change world called self-efficacy. Self-efficacy is your belief in your ability to succeed in specific situations. To put it plainly, in order to complete all 30 days of your Whole30 with no slips or off-plan choices, you need to believe that you can complete all 30 days of your Whole30.

BELIEVE!!!!!
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    What do I need to do to join the challenge?
  • BlessedWith3
    Options
    What do I need to do to join the challenge?

Consider yourself joined! Either post your start weight or send it to me. It would be great if you can take measurements and send me those as well that way you will have something to compare at the end of the challenge besides weight.

You don't have to weigh weekly but do pop in to say hi :bigsmile:
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! Starting weight as of this morning is 171.8 lbs. Other measurements I take weekly are Fat: 33.2% and Muscle: 35.1%.
  • daddybyday
    Options
    My challenge this week is simply to stick with induction through next Monday (I started this Monday), and stay below my 20 net carbs. If I do that, I think the weight will take care of itself.

I was really dragging last night, so I'm not going to exercise today (nor, probably tomorrow), but I'll try, if nothing else, to do some push-ups on Saturday.

Then next week's challenge will be, you guessed it, sticking with induction for that week! Of course I'll make adjustments as I go along.

So far, going strong though. I'm really looking forward to weighing in on Monday, see if there has been any weight-loss "fruits" (or should I say "vegetables" :happy:) to my labor!

Tom
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in: 184! Down 2 pounds from last week!