Where do you workout?

Options

Replies

• mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I just started out at the Y on the NE side of INDY. I love it. I want to go at least 5 times a week.
    I
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba at Gold's Gym East Side (Shortridge Road) Tuesday and Saturday, and 30 Day Shred at home. I had a membership at Ransburg YMCA and can't wait to get it back so I can do the Thursday evening Zumba class there. I also miss walking/jogging on the treadmill, the elliptical machine and the weights. Since I can't afford to buy any for my home.
  • kevslilbabe
    kevslilbabe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We had been going to the YMCA in Avon, but it was so hard to get on a machine, so we switched to Planet Fitness in Plainfield and we LOVE it! The atmosphere is so relaxed and we can do what we want without much of a wait. Once I am totally recovered from my surgery, we are going to take advantage of the free personal trainer. My husband is shy and doesn't want to do it without me. I'm excited that I have lost 2 pounds already since we started altering our eating habits and joined the new gym a week ago.
  • torylinnangel
    Options
    I work out in my garage and sometimes in my living room. My family has gym memberships (I don't know where to) but I don't go to a gym because my dad hit his midlife crisis and bought an entire home gym system. I see the advantages of working out at a gym, but why waste the one we have right?
  • TaliaP77
    TaliaP77 Posts: 22
    Options
    I called myself going to work out here at my job, as we have a fitness room and it is so very easy for me to do when I get off work. And although I workout with music and headphones I for some reason need to fixate my eyes on a television while doing so and there is no TV here to watch in the fitness room...looking at the parking lot is not going to get it!! So I will be heading back to the fitness room in the complex where I live. Wish me luck, I have been off for like a month now :noway:
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I called myself going to work out here at my job, as we have a fitness room and it is so very easy for me to do when I get off work. And although I workout with music and headphones I for some reason need to fixate my eyes on a television while doing so and there is no TV here to watch in the fitness room...looking at the parking lot is not going to get it!! So I will be heading back to the fitness room in the complex where I live. Wish me luck, I have been off for like a month now :noway:

Good luck! you can do it! it's just like riding a bike.... :)
  • dwntwnpengrl
    dwntwnpengrl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm at Planet Fitness in Greenwood
  • IndyGal462
    Options
    I see a personal trainer at Bodies N Motion in Fishers area once a week. Next Wednesday will be my 3rd time there. I love it!

I did Leslie Sansone's Walking DVD today. I hope to keep doing that.

I've thought about joining 24 hour fitness on East 96th St when it opens. My BF works out at Lifetime Fitness on Binford.

Shirley
  • IndyGal462
    Options
    LivRite is across from that restaurant on the east side of Binford.
  • ccindpls
    ccindpls Posts: 25
    Options
    I do! I go before work since it is just down the road from my office. If you are ever in there early be sure to trip me when I walk by...its not hard, I am clutz anyway ; D
  • eZewebb
    eZewebb Posts: 2
    Options
    I go to lifetime in castleton. I love it Great place Never too busy or full to get a good workout in.
  • KateBarnhart85
    KateBarnhart85 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    anytime fitness in Shelbyville
  • WendyReen
    Options
    I just started at the Y in Muncie / Yorktown. I've been every day since joining. I like it because I live right in the middle of 3 of the 4 facilities that my membership allows me to go to, so I get variety.
  • WendyReen
    Options
    The good thing about the Muncie Y is that it is for the North side location where the tennis courts are, the downtown location where the pool is, and the Yorktown location that is small but nice, as well as Blackford County. I'm mostly at either North side or Yorktown as I have a bit of fear of going to the downtown location by myself due to it's location.
  • WendyReen
    Options
    I workout at the Yorktown YMCA or the Muncie North YMCA.:smile:

Me too! I love the reccumbant elliptical that the North side location has!
  • npeery
    npeery Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    When the weather is bad I work out at home. I use XFitDaily and Fitness Blender on YouTube, Wii Fit Plus, Biggest Loser Wii game, and several different fitness DVDs. When the weather is nice I like to hike, ride my bike, and swim. I just started a new job and the place I work has a fitness center in it but it seems like they hog the treadmill so I'm going to have to learn to like the elliptical or the stationary bike.

I don't currently belong to a gym but I have in the past. It wasn't my thing. I've been scoping out treadmills on craigslist so that I can have one at home.
  • caseye98
    caseye98 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am at the 86th st (across from St V's) Planet Fitness. Ive tried to get someone to go with me (since im black card and "guest" is free) or my gf, but it's always a no... :( But that's okay....I've been going about 6 weeks alone...I got this. :)
  • loriaqui
    loriaqui Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm at Planet Fitness in Greenwood

Debating on PF in Greenwood. Any good? Right now, I am working out at home.
  • booksey
    booksey Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    PF @ Greenwood seems like it's been picking up crowd-wise around the 7-9pm time frame. I still very rarely wait for equipment to be open. I enjoy going overall. Place is clean, doesn't smell like a gym, and the equipment is very complete.
  • loriaqui
    loriaqui Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    PF @ Greenwood seems like it's been picking up crowd-wise around the 7-9pm time frame. I still very rarely wait for equipment to be open. I enjoy going overall. Place is clean, doesn't smell like a gym, and the equipment is very complete.

Thanks! Appreciate the info.