Options
FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
keep-going.jpg?w=560

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Attempted my planned workout (3 Blogilates routines)

Result: C- at best!

Too advanced!! Now I've run out of time and am gonna hafta regroup and find something else and try to get it done tonight.

---

If anyone's interested, here's what I ATTEMPTED...
    Blogilates Pop Cardio Summer Sweatfest 13:52
    (plank parts were too advanced)

Blogilates Saddlebag Shaver 17:29
    (mostly did it, but my balance wasn't very good and had to pause for diaper-change. My lil girl's, not mine! :laugh: )

Blogilates Best Lower Ab Workout Ever 10:20
    HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! um, yeah, no.
  • martha1485
    martha1485 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello so my day is off to a good start Jillian Michael's 6week 6pack level 1 ... and hopefully I'll be able to get to my pilates class later today and finish off the day with Jillian's Ripped in 30 day 3 week 2!!!! i gotta say I am exhausted and its TOM so it has been a challenge to get up and work out instead of staying in bed with movies and popcorn, and chocolate, and icecreammmmm.... I hate it that I never feel quite full on these days... but I am trying to eat veggies whenever i am hungry and only have a 5 peanut mms if I complete my worouts for the day!!!! anyways I hope you all have a great wednesday!!!! thank god the week is half way though I can't wait to sleep in on saturday and sunday!!!! lol

PS... fromhereonout luv the pic!!! and quote!!!!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Great day today! I finally felt well enough to start my week 2 of C25K. Felt great to run again! Plus, it was beautiful outside, so that made it even better!

You ladies are very motivating with all your workouts! I want to get to running again and then I will add in strength training. I need to get to 5K status again.

Hope you all have a great day! Eat healthy!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Okay, so today, I did get most of that cardio routine done (it's not as long as the time stated, b/c she talks alot--that goes for all Blogilates--maybe should be called BlahBlahgilates! ba-dum-bum!:glasses: ), but not the advanced plank star thingies (tried-failed). Got most of the saddlebag thing done, but not straight through (ugh! kills your rear/leg!!). Realized within seconds that I wouldn't be able to do the ab routine. Really want to try it again someday when I have more willpower (and am not already sore from previous workouts). So, all-in-all, got half of the plan done.

So, at the park, I decided to double my fast walk (1hr instead of 30min). Also did my usual shuttling around with my son, plus medium walking during the rest of the time after I finished my fast walk, plus grocery shopping (carrying heavy bags home thru the neighborhood). Apparently I nearly walked my toe off!!! I was as surprised as anyone when we got home and my son said, "Hey, why is your sock red?"!!!! Yep, toe was bleeding. I didn't even know! haha!! It was a pretty killer walk today, I'm just sayin'!!

Wish I could have gotten some more strength or toning done, but there's always tomorrow.
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Today was day 10 of insanity, only fifty days left (can't wait until it's the other way around!!). So today was the plyometric cardio circuit and it was rough but worth it, i ended with a brief 10 minute run on my treadmill to start preparing for my 5k race in june,i definitely do not have the endurance I had when racing triathlons!! but slow and steady right :D

This afternoon consists of a couple of job interviews (fingers crossed everyone!) then i'm doing a zumba video tonight with my mom (her first attempt at fitness!)

Hope everyone has a great and healthy day!

Sam
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Sam, how is Insanity on knees? I don't know if I'll ever get a big program like that, but certainly wouldn't want to get it, only to learn that it kills the knees. The plyometric would have to be the worst of it, so how is that on knees? Lots of times people want to know this. It must be an amazing program though, b/c I've seen so many good success stories. (btw, there's plenty of time til june...day-by-day). Good luck with the job interview. And now you are another member getting your Mom into fitness (I think also cartina21)--how great is that!!!! I've forwarded a few videos to my Dad (by way of Mom's email), hoping she'd be interested (my Dad already works out), but I think she's lost hope, which makes me sad. It doesn't help that I live across an ocean. Well, I can try to be fit for my daughter at least. Have fun with your Mom and Zumba!
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    Sam, how is Insanity on knees? I don't know if I'll ever get a big program like that, but certainly wouldn't want to get it, only to learn that it kills the knees. The plyometric would have to be the worst of it, so how is that on knees? Lots of times people want to know this. It must be an amazing program though, b/c I've seen so many good success stories. (btw, there's plenty of time til june...day-by-day). Good luck with the job interview. And now you are another member getting your Mom into fitness (I think also cartina21)--how great is that!!!! I've forwarded a few videos to my Dad (by way of Mom's email), hoping she'd be interested (my Dad already works out), but I think she's lost hope, which makes me sad. It doesn't help that I live across an ocean. Well, I can try to be fit for my daughter at least. Have fun with your Mom and Zumba!

There is a lot of jumping and high impact cardio work so thats something to take into consideration for people with knee issues. But with that being said my friend tore her ACL and PCL got them repaired and now does insanity regularly, shes says as long as you ensure form over everything else (Sean T is constantly pushing you faster and harder... but go at your own pace to ensure form) you can do it. One thing you could do is see if their is a teaser of the workouts online (maybe youtube) and give it a try and see how your knees are.

I really hope my mom takes to zumba not that she needs to lose weight, shes 100lbs soaking wet, but shes "skinny fat" so maybe this will help her gain some fitness. I'll let everyone know how zumba goes tonight!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Thanks for the info. My knees aren't a problem yet, but they always feel like they are just on the verge. They are sore sometimes for days, but I try to be very careful about form on things like jumping lunges, etc and to not push toooo far. It's also why I'm still nervous about c25k...b/c right now my knees are not a problem and my walking style probably burns more calories than jogging and I'd hate to do running "just because" and then screw up my knees (or get shinsplints) and then be out of commission for everything for awhile. I'm being careful and can usually tell what I'm ready for and what is too far.

Okay, so i was disappointed in myself over the Blogilates, so I decided to try-on a different one tonight. This time I did something I really thought I could do: Primadonna Pushup challenge. Only 4 minutes, not "real" pushups. Got it done!! But man-oh-man did it BURN!! Looks can be deceiving on Cassie's workouts! She makes it look so easy, and in reality it is painFULL! (Try it...you'll be surprised by it!!) Anyway, I feel like I can sleep well tonight, that I redeemed myself on a Blogilates workout. haha!
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Did an impromptu ~ 2.25 mi run/walk pushing my 30 lbs & 40 lbs kiddos in the jogging stroller while the older two rode their bicycles. It was nice to get out in the sunshine and breathe in the fresh air. I feel accomplished! :drinker:
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi Partners! Looks like you all are getting some exercise today.

Sherry, do your best and forget the rest with those extra challenging workouts. I am sure you got that heart rate up just struggling to do some of those more difficult moves. I know the "joy" of doing them may not have been there tho'. I get sore knees whenever moves involve a lot of lunges & squats w/weights. Per dr's advice, I avoid high impact exercises like the plague due to lower back (sacral area) issues, too. I do a mix of P90X DVDS but not the one called Plyometics. I tease my friend that tried Insanity a while back that she was "insane" doing it...LOL!! Everyone's body is different so do what works best and causes no injury. Also, there are usually modifications offered in some workout DVDs.

LizardQueen: your workout reminds me of when my 2nd grand son was a baby and I would walk miles pushing him in his stroggler for a great workout session. WTG on getting yours done!

Sam: Giving you a HIGH five doing Insanity!!:wink:

First thing this morning I did JM 30 Day Shred Level 3 and rather enjoyed it...tough but still liked it. Later in the afternoon I spent time in our woodland area helping DH drag, lift, and throw various sized tree branches into the lowest areas. We spent about 1 hr doing this outdoor physical chore. I did become a little light-headed and had to sit down. I realized that I'd burned more energy (calories) between the two workouts than what I had consumed for breakfast...yikes! Must fuel body enough to have the energy to do tasks.
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Today I did.... progress reports for my kids. Tomorrow is parent/teacher conferences, so they have to be done. Might do some light yoga...might just go to sleep. This has not been the best workout week for me. The good news is that next week is spring break. Perhaps a good chance to spring back into my workout routine.
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    keep-going.jpg?w=560

OMG why would u do this? She[Jillian] already talks way toooooo much in her RI30 video. The last thing i want is read another quote from her. I think the 30ds success got to her so she overdid the talking in RI30.

With that said, lol, R130 W2D3 done! Jillian sure can talk but she sure knows how to whip the body into shape. So W2D4 i'll see u tmrw
  • steadybutsure
    Options

Later in the afternoon I spent time in our woodland area helping DH drag, lift, and throw various sized tree branches into the lowest areas. We spent about 1 hr doing this outdoor physical chore. I did become a little light-headed and had to sit down. I realized that I'd burned more energy (calories) between the two workouts than what I had consumed for breakfast...yikes! Must fuel body enough to have the energy to do tasks.

I would count that as a workout. thats pure circuit lol!
  • steadybutsure
    Options
    Fromhereonout: kudos for still working out or attempting even though you were short on time. better than nothing.

Lizardqueen4p: Good multitasking :)
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options

Later in the afternoon I spent time in our woodland area helping DH drag, lift, and throw various sized tree branches into the lowest areas. We spent about 1 hr doing this outdoor physical chore. I did become a little light-headed and had to sit down. I realized that I'd burned more energy (calories) between the two workouts than what I had consumed for breakfast...yikes! Must fuel body enough to have the energy to do tasks.

I would count that as a workout. thats pure circuit lol!

Steadybutsure: I sure DID add that outdoor chore to my exercise tracker....LOL!