Does anyone want to start with me next week??

Options
KellyUVA
KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
As I mentioned in a previous post, I got half way through the NROL4W last year, but got bored and couldn't stick with it. However, I did like the results I was getting and have vowed to start from scratch next week.

Would anyone like to do this with me??? Having someone at the same stage to remain accountable to sure would be motivational!

Replies

• Lumeth
    Lumeth Posts: 3
    Options
    I know next to nothing about this program -- but the book is supposed to arrive on my doorstep tomorrow sometime. I'm hoping to get started soon, though I don't know if next week will be *too* soon or not... again, since I haven't had a chance to actually explore the book yet. I might be willing, though, as I want to get in to lifting. :smile:
  • AngelineTheBaker
    AngelineTheBaker Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I will! I didn't buy the book but I have the workout plans and will be lifting MWF. I'd love a lifting buddy :-)
  • KellyUVA
    Options
    Yay! Angie and I are starting soon, and Lumeth, please let me know if you are interested too. Even if we are a workout or two off, we all will still be on the same phase at the same time.

Also, Angie, you may want to consider buying the book at some point - he has lots of good tips!
  • AliciaC81
    AliciaC81 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm game for starting next week! I started it about a month ago but then never really got going since I was lacking equipment at home. We have gym memberships now though and I'm ready to get going for real, though I'm a bit apprehensive since I have very very little strength training experience other than using machines.
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm thinking I will start next week too :) But more like Tues, Thurs and Sat (or Sun) ^^
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I've scheduled myself to start Monday. Also lifting MWF. I just finished insanity and now want to get STRONG!
    I need to read the workout portion of the book, and to be honest it seems, slightly confusing itd be amazing to have others to keep up with and ask questions
  • acloern1985
    acloern1985 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today. I'm a bit nervous because I have no idea how to use the squat rack, I mean I'm sure its self explanatory, but I'm still scared. Lots of bulky guys around...Eeek
  • acloern1985
    Options
    Just finished my first day. I really enjoyed it, except for the squats lol
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I will! I didn't buy the book but I have the workout plans and will be lifting MWF. I'd love a lifting buddy :-)
    I would love to join too. Where did you find the workout plans? I can't seem to find them on the internet. Thanks
  • sara2b123
    sara2b123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting too! Just finished reading the book, and think it will be interesting to see the progress.
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi all... I am planning to start Monday and lift M/W/F as well - so I'd love to be a part of a supportive team, all going though it together. :)

Room for one more?

Amy
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Make that two more!
    I am starting Monday and thinking I'll do MWF. That might change to Sun, Tues, Thurs at some point though.
    I don't currently have the funds to buy the book, but found the workouts and read what I could online.
    I will hopefully have someone show me around the gym for my first time Monday morning, otherwise I'll be lost. Kinda scared of the weights section TBH.
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    I started today. I can't afford another book right now either. I found the worksheets online too. I started weight training in Jan. I was working out with a friend to get me started. I'm happy to say 1A1 wasn't too hard. I'm looking forward to 1B1 tomorrow. I have't decided my workout days yet but my plan is 5 days a week. With that said, I will be doing nrol4w more than the recommended 3 days. Gool luck everyone :flowerforyou:
  • icu4dk
    icu4dk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got the book today. Just started reading and hope to start Monday.
  • fit4life_73
    Options
    Question: I assume that when the reps decrease I should increase the weight?

TIA
  • KellyUVA
    Options
    Yay! I'm starting today and will probably stick to Sunday, Tuesday,Thursday schedule. Please friend me! I would love the support!
  • KellyUVA
    Options
    Question: I assume that when the reps decrease I should increase the weight?

TIA

Yes! :-)
  • AliciaC81
    AliciaC81 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Sat or Sun (weekends are tricky for me and it'll be about when I can get the time to do it) and then Tuesdays and Thursdays. These days work because it'll allow me to do either weekend day and still have it be 48 hours minimum between lift days :) I started last night at home since we've all been sick here and there was no way I was getting out to the gym. I couldn't do step ups though since I don't have anywhere to do them at home, so I just did some lunges instead.
  • KellyUVA
    Options
    Workout one - check!
  • acloern1985
    Options
    How did you like it?