EMWL and feeling like a pig

Options
2»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Today I got so busy with work I didn't eat much until end of day, did I screw myself up after all my work eating well almost my whole tdee? I was about 600 Cal's under my goal. I've stayed at the same weight almost two weeks now, so maybe I can start cutting down? Is that possible my body forgave me that fast?

Or did it just rebalance there?

You'll never know until you raise it a known amount daily for a period of time to test.

250 extra daily (sounds like a lot, huh) - would mean 1 lb after 2 wks. If currently eating at TDEE.
  • SalonBoi
    SalonBoi Posts: 60
    Options
    Today I got so busy with work I didn't eat much until end of day, did I screw myself up after all my work eating well almost my whole tdee? I was about 600 Cal's under my goal. I've stayed at the same weight almost two weeks now, so maybe I can start cutting down? Is that possible my body forgave me that fast?

Or did it just rebalance there?

You'll never know until you raise it a known amount daily for a period of time to test.

I have tinkered with the calories and as soon as I added more i gained, and like yesterday when i had the 600 calorie drop it put me right back to the exact weight i had when first week of tdee was over.. I think i wrote that right..

250 extra daily (sounds like a lot, huh) - would mean 1 lb after 2 wks. If currently eating at TDEE.
  • heybales
    Options
    I have tinkered with the calories and as soon as I added more i gained, and like yesterday when i had the 600 calorie drop it put me right back to the exact weight i had when first week of tdee was over.. I think i wrote that right..

So perfect proof - you can't gain or lose that much fat that fast - so merely water weight.

And the only water weight you lose or gain that fast besides switching from low sodium meals to high, or having just lifted heavy and retaining for repair, is glucose stores with water.

So if valid weigh-in data, you topped off glucose stores and gained water, which would imply you are still undereating, because unless you are doing low carb diet and did cardio night before, there should have been nothing to top off.
  • SalonBoi
    Options

So perfect proof - you can't gain or lose that much fat that fast - so merely water weight.

And the only water weight you lose or gain that fast besides switching from low sodium meals to high, or having just lifted heavy and retaining for repair, is glucose stores with water.

So if valid weigh-in data, you topped off glucose stores and gained water, which would imply you are still undereating, because unless you are doing low carb diet and did cardio night before, there should have been nothing to top off.

So u are saying no I've not found my TDEE?
  • heybales
    Options

If that had been your TDEE, and you increased 250 calories, it would take 2 weeks for one lb to show up.

500 calories - 1 week.

If by you ate slightly more you mean 1000 calories extra daily, then yes, you could gain 1 lb in 3.5 days.

If none of that happened, then you are NOT at your TDEE.

Or invalid weigh-ins.
  • SalonBoi
    Options

If that had been your TDEE, and you increased 250 calories, it would take 2 weeks for one lb to show up.

500 calories - 1 week.

If by you ate slightly more you mean 1000 calories extra daily, then yes, you could gain 1 lb in 3.5 days.

If none of that happened, then you are NOT at your TDEE.

Or invalid weigh-ins.

Thanks for help..