March 14, 2013

FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
537879_377663282331265_676307374_n.png

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    Today has not gone as usual. I didn't workout during the day, I was just too tired today (didn't sleep enough last night). I plan to do my workout tonight while my guys are gone to martial arts.

I did get a nice fast walk at the park, as well as the usual walking around with my son (plus some extra walking between shops). I must say, my afternoon walks are great. I wish I had a HRM, to see what I'm burning. Feels like alot. I was pacing along with a jog/walker again today. One thing is for sure, I have to stretch/cool-down afterwards and my rearend is always sore from the walk, as well as my abs & obliques are tight from being pulled-in and worked most of that time.
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    I tried a blogilates workout today. I did the summer sweat one and another cardio one she has. Man, that was good! I also did a few jillian michaels had online that were only like 5 minutes long.

Pretty bored and sedentary the rest of the day. :yawn: I need to find a job and get a normal routine going!
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Hi Partners!

Sherry, walking definitely works your core and have a good time with your evening workout session.

Jessica: WTG on workout out today, too!

CLX Burn It Off was scheduled but I substituted this cardio session for an outdoor walking (cardio). I walked at an average pace of 3.5 mph for one hour and it felt really GOOD!

I have CLX Extreme Intervals for Friday...whoooa mama...LOL!
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Hi Ladies!!

so this is my 1st post to this group.. sorry I have been missing it... Anyway, I am fighting some sinus issues this whole week and that has thrown me off my game.. :( So far I've only run one day and that was Tuesday... I am trying to get up the motivation to go to the gym and run after work today... hoping a cup of coffee will give me what I need to get it done... I am on Week 6 Day 2 of C25K and I don't want to fall off now...
  • FromHereOnOut
    Hi Allison! Welcome to posting! There are quite a few c25k-ers here, to support one another. I still haven't taken the plunge.

So, it's brag time for me. Today was a lazy day. I mean VERY lazy day, like "lay on the couch and serve leftovers" lazy. I was tired. I didn't even go to pick my son up from school, I let my husband do that. And I had every opportunity to stay on the couch and let my husband do it all today. But, for some reason, I mustered the will to take my son to his lessons so I could walk in the park, even though it looked like rain out. That was a smart move. The walk was great, but the cooldown stretch afterwards was pure bliss. My willpower slowly returning, although still needing some inspiration.

But then, after dinner, after son and DH left for martial arts, I lingered on the couch with my lil girl. I could have easily skipped my workout. We have a long weekend this week, but my husband must work Saturday, which gives me perfect opportunity to workout on Sat, which is normally a rest day. I coulda sat today out. But something clicked...I dunno what, but I suddenly jumped up and laced my shoes. This is when the magic happened. It's been over a month since I did 30DSL3+RI30W1, and I thought I 'd struggle, after all that time. But instead, what I found was that I rocked it!! I totally rocked it! Okay, it wasn't perfect, it wasn't even pretty at times, but I did 10times better than I did in February!! From 30DSL3 last circuit, I skipped the cooldown and went STRAIGHT into RI30W1 circuit 1. I sweated my a** off!! And once again, the cooldown stretch was pure bliss! So, my "victory" today was that I fought the urge to be a motionless slug...and I worked out!!!

So, TODAY: 30min fast walk + 30DSL3 and RI30W1!!!

[Since there are side hip raises in both workouts, I replaced the RI30 ones with the "ab roll up with leg raise and crunch" from W4circuit3 and "jackknife crunches=crunch up arm to opposite leg" from W2c1]
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is having a great and productive day! Good news first the job i applied for i got! YAY ME! As for exercise its been a productive day, it started by shovelling a ton of snow (three driveways, two side walks, and our dog run) then insanity cardio recovery which was a much needed deep stretch. I finished off with a two mile run, my first run in a long time but with a race coming up i need to get back into it!

Sam
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Okay.. I did the Fitness Blenders 5min warmup and the the 22min -Can you HiiT like a Girl? I can almost hit like a Girl.. It is tough.. I am sweating like MAD... but I have not had a sweat like this since week 2 I think in Ripped in 30 ... so it's good to switch it up..

It's a tough workout so I would do two rounds at peak and then two rounds.. lower impact.. but I'm gonna step it up next time because I know what to expect..I had some coordination issues...the lateral leg lifts.... Yet.....my worst enemy is the double butt kicks... it's not for me... I just can't seem to jump , bring both my feet up to kick toward my butt...let alone make contact...

Nice I feel like I have done something today... whoohooo
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Went to work early.. no lunch break, and I stayed late. After I stopped to get something for dinner, took it home, cooked.. I just couldn't make myself workout tonight :(.

I will have to double up this weekend, because I have work on Fri and then going out with a couple friends after work. To which, I'll be up late Fri night, and have to be up early Sat for work again lol. I sure hope I can make up for some of this on Sun!
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Okay step class two days in a row What was I thinking. My daughter begged me to go and invited a friend so I caved and went again today. On top of a bad food day I ended up getting a smoothie from the juice bar ,put me way over in sugar. Tomorrow will definitely be a rest day
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    not a great day food or exercise-wise. I grabbed a sandwich for breakfast running out the door and have been running since then. My oldest had an early release from school to go to a wrestling match. I drove to the match (1 hour from town) and we watched his match for an hour and a half and then I drove back to town for the other kids wrestling practice. Then I drove back to the match to catch the last of it. Drove back to town to order pizza for dinner and then a 30 minute drive home. Had to put up livestock before we could eat and now we are finally relaxing.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Congrats on the job Sam!! and a very active day t'boot!

Toni, way to mix it up with the FB workout! Thanks for the report. I would say that I'll add it to my "wish list"...but they're ALL on my wishlist!! haha! I think I'm developing and addiction to trying new workouts! Double butt kicks...I'm trying to remember if I've done those. Are they sorta like JM's "Rock star jumps"? Anytime I'm having trouble with jumps, I use my arms to help propel me up. It's a bigger workout for your heart, so hard to sustain, but helps build the right muscles slowly. I used to do that with jumping lunges but the cardio impact would leave me only able to do half b4 switching to reg. lunges. But now that I"m stronger, I don't have to use my arms so much and can do many more of them without losing breath.

cartina21, sounds like your daughter is a powerful influence. The good thing is that you DID it. We are all stronger and more capable than we give ourselves credit for. Way to go!

Nareenathegypsy & Mycrazy8s: life happens!! Right? Way to check-in and stay honest!