Introducing myself

Options
Hi! I'm Blaise, and I've been a member of MFP for a while but I have really not reached out to meet new people here. I browse the forums sometimes but no one there has really appealed to me. A lot of them seem to be continuing their body/food obsessions in their efforts to lose weight and get healthy, which is sort of the opposite of what I'm trying to do (i.e., find serenity). Then I found this group, so I thought I might be able to make some friends here with ideas more similar to my own.

I've been going to OA regularly since last summer and have been abstinent for about 2.5 months now and am down ~25-30 lbs. It was my last ditch effort to avoid having WLS, and I'm so glad I hit that bottom because I've been really willing to do whatever I'm told since then. I have a great sponsor and am working the program (I'm on step 3 now), and have some in-person friendships through OA, but it's nice to think of having a community here, too.

I look forward to meeting new people here! Send a friend request if you like. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Terri_Wickwire
    Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Blaise! I've sent you a friend request. I'm Terri, a compulsive overeater "retread". I left program after 6 years, and just returned after a 15 year absence. This group has been an amazing part of my recovery. When I can't make a call, get to a meeting -- I come here. Even if no one answers, I break my isolation.

Welcome home!
    :flowerforyou:
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Welcome Blaise! Look forward to getting to know you.
  • sheldonbe
    sheldonbe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Blaise.
  • blaiseastra
    Options
    Thanks, all! I look forward to getting to know you all as well! :)
  • mhcook
    mhcook Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello, Blaise. we have recently become friends on this group. I wish you all the success in your Goals that you can ever dream for yourself. On the good days, enjoy them. On the down days, know you are never alone and that people are on your side and are their for support. We are here for each other.