Options
FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
543710_539613269392268_312668809_n.jpg

Replies

• breasonable
    breasonable Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I changed the stride on my elliptical today and its like a whole new workout!!! Kick my butt today!!! Have a great day!!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Just joined the group and I guess this is where we check in. I woke up to sunshine this morning, so much better than yesterdays dreary rainy day.
    Planning to run this morning, hopefully 6-8K, we'll see when I get out there I guess. A bit breezy and cool but if the sun is out.....I don't care!

have a great day :)
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    I changed the stride on my elliptical today and its like a whole new workout!!! Kick my butt today!!! Have a great day!!

Way to mix it up! I changed the way I walk (my exercise walking) a couple weeks back and I get sore every single day from walking in the park!! I love how little changes can make big differences.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Good morning! Just joined the group and I guess this is where we check in. I woke up to sunshine this morning, so much better than yesterdays dreary rainy day.
    Planning to run this morning, hopefully 6-8K, we'll see when I get out there I guess. A bit breezy and cool but if the sun is out.....I don't care!

have a great day :)

Hello and welcome!! We're still getting some dreary days here (Athens), and I am really looking forward to real Spring. But the dreary days mean I don't get s sweaty and there are fewer people working out at the park. See there really is always a silver lining. :wink:

6-8k sounds great! We have some other runners in the group. I plan to join the ranks someday too with c25k, but for now I am enjoying my fast walks and home workouts til then.
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Monring... I am off to a good start..I got of the house on time..yeah... so I think i'm going to repeat the FB-Hiit Like a Girl workout. I need to research the calorie burn on this work out.. I don't feel like I quite accomplished it and I would like to. and work myself up to the 1000 calorie workout... which I can't even imagine.. I would have to eat so much to do that workout and I am not good at maintianing my calories now..

Sherry- you know how we do regular but kicks you jump and try to kick you but with both feet at the same time.. ( I had a visual of me going face forward into the TV and so couldn't do them and stay balanced) There is another move on there like Juilian butt kicks called the Rocket Launch.. where you pulse down 3 squats and the jump up and hit your knees...

Sherry- I meant to say this on our last thread... I am excited to even be talking to anyone who lives in Athens- this wonderful internet and MFP... Greece is on my Bucket list.. or one of those anniversaries down the road,for our 20th we are going to Hawaii... which is a few years away..
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Toni, go straight to the Fitness Blender website (instead of youtube), some of the workouts tell a calorie burn range (obviously depending on the person's size and level of effort). If you ever have time, you should try the 1000cal workout. You could always just eat desserts on that day! :wink: It's not as hard as you might think, but very long...and you just do the best you can. Just like any workout, I'm sure it takes a couple times to get the hang of it. I'm supposed to do it my 2nd time today, but so far today "life happened". Probably get it done sometime before bed, but if not, then tomorrow which would otherwise be a rest day.

For the double butt kicks, check out 30DSL3c3 "rockstar jumps", the modification is just to not jump as high, like Anita.

I know, the internet & MFP are totally amazing for connecting people all over the world. I don't know if I'd survive living so far away, if I didn't have the internet, for communicating with friends and family back in the US. Greece is a great destination, full of contrast. It is one of those places that cannot be described, it must be experienced.

Me so far today: I did my 30 min fastwalk in the park. I actually made a special trip. My son didn't go to his lessons, but I craved my walk, so I went over to the park (2 neighborhoods away), alone, just to walk. My plan had been that on days he didn't go to lessons, I'd Hiit run the hill behind our house, but since I have a Hiit workout scheduled, I decided to not double up on Hiit and just do a normal walk. Nowwww, just to get that workout in, before bed...or else push it to tomorrow. hmm.....

Oh yeah, Happy FRIDAYYYYYY everybody!!!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I got a few things done today and did my C25K. I am getting shin splints..... any suggestions on stretches to help heal and prevent in the future??
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    I got a few things done today and did my C25K. I am getting shin splints..... any suggestions on stretches to help heal and prevent in the future??

ugh, I hate those! It's one of the things that makes me hesitant to start c25k, because I used to get them all the time and I don't want to get them and be totally out of working out. ANYway, so I'm not "a runner", but like I said, I used to get them all the time and I can feel them happening AS I run. What I've discovered is that if I so much as "trot" across the street, I can feel it in my shins....but the same "trot" when I'm pushing a stroller feels fine. The reason is that when I push the stroller, I lean forward a teensy tinsy bit, into the stroller handles. So...I *think* leaning forward a teensy tinsy bit (as if pushing a shopping cart) might help. At least that is what I'm gonna try when I do start c25k. For now, the only running I do is uphill. From my understanding, you can't get them uphill, but you can easily get them downhill. Dunno how to heal them faster...maybe standard: lots of water, lots of sleep, & don't irritate them for a few days. Good luck!

Okay, my kids stayed up late and I don't feel like cramming in an 84min workout at 11pm, so I think I'll try to get some extra sleep tonight and do my workout tomorrow, when I will hopefully have plenty of time. I feel a little bit like I've been slipping lately, but we'll just see how tomorrow goes before I convict myself. :wink:
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    TGIF Partners!! I had CLX Extreme Intervals scheduled and got into the first 15 minutes when an important call came in. Soooo, I later finished up a workout session with 36 minutes of brisk walking outdoors to complete a cardio/strength session. My workout week is done!

Our DD is expecting their 4th boy (our grand son) and that was the "important" call. The baby is expected to arrive anytime over this weekend!!!!

Jessica: I don't know of stretches specifically for shin splints not being a runner. Hmmm...there is always "Google" to get some suggestions, too. I know those can be painful and felt them a time or two when I had tried jogging about a year ago. Found out a few months later that jogging or any high impact movements are to be avoided by me.

Sherry & Tony: the Internet & MFP has definitely had a positive impact in my life in too many ways to count...LOL! I've met great people that eventually became like "family". I got to personally meet quite a few, too.

Have a great weekend everyone.....
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I did my 1 hour yoga workout with my son today. He hurt his hip in a wrestling match yesterday and I thought yoga would help stretch it out. It was good for us both.
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Well hello family! As usual today is my day off but i spent all day wondering if i should include an additional 30mins of cardio every other day to my RI30. I feel like am not loosing weight. Not seeing any big loss in inches or weight and i know its not my meals since the only "bad" food i eat is the cream and sugar in my coffee and the sugar in my oatmeal. So am reworking my plan for next week to include cardio every other day.
    Enjoy ur weekends guys and dont get too hard on urself for whatever happens tonight or tmrw night. Happy st patricks day :)
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Hi Pam! Love the new picture! Congratulations on the grandbaby! I hope baby and Mommy do wonderfully through delivery and recovery.

Mycrazy8s, that's a wonderful idea for your son. You do so much for them for wrestling, it must be nice when one of them joins you in your "activity". :) My 2 yo has been doing some of my workouts with me--it's pretty cute. Apparently my little "princess" is "too fair a maiden" to get directly on the floor during exercise, so she uses a pillow for superman's. haha! She and my son both did the new Fitness Blender Kids workout last week and had fun. I bet your bunch would like it too.

steadybutsure, I had kindof a bad experience when I did a full month of 30DS and a full month of RI30 back-to-back and didn't see any change. I just about lost my mind over that. Then, through a series of strange happenstance, I began eating more calories, and I finally started to see a change. Of course it depends on LOTS of factors, but if you are eating extremely low calories while doing a tough workout like JM's workouts, it's a possibility that is the snag. And adding a little extra cardio, if you feel like it and would enjoy it, couldn't hurt either (assuming that you ARE eating enough).
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Sherry, thanks bunches for the comments about my new profile pic and the coming grandbaby!! I took that pic on yesterday before meeting another couple for dinner last night. Great time!

Steadybutsure, our Sherry gave you some good suggestions. You may need to up those calories or try a different workout routine. If you goal is to lose a lot of weight then do more cardio vs. strength training. You could do cardio three days per week and strength train for 2 days per week. With that said, my body prefers the strength training and I may not lose major weight but tend to lose a lot of inches, thus, reshaping of my body and clothes sizing drops and fits differently. It is hard finding that balance but most importantly do NOT stop exercising and eating healthy. It just takes time...remember...there should be no deadline for being the healthiest you can be...this is a life long journey...a way of life for you. Have a wonderful weekend:smile: