watch the calorie count after adding exercise

Options
I'm new to using this to track food and discovered that when you exercise it adds calories to the amount you can have for the day. I messed up and ate my extra calories as I was only watching the calories left and didn't realize it added more to the 1200. LOL So, if you are new, watch for that. ;-)
Yea for us all who are on the weight loss journey. We can do it.

Replies

• PietrosMom
    Options
    Don't feel bad, it takes time to get used to it. On the positive side if you still ate at or below the total, you would maintain. I do though understand you are at a point of loosing, but at least if you went a bit over, it would not mean gaining :)

Cheers
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your goals are and what your body needs. A lot of people suggest eating back the exercise calories that MFP gives you since 1200 is such a low goal. If you're exercising on top of that your body may need more fuel. I personally aim for 1400 to 1600 a day even though MFP defaulted my settings to 1200 because for my body that was just to low. I have a BodyMedia armband now and aim for a 1000 calorie deficit on it, which is why sometimes I still have calories left at the end of the day.