Introductions

Options

Replies

• kaynagel
    kaynagel Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Karen. I've been running since 2004. I signed up for a half marathon on April 6 in Springfield, IL just to keep me motivated through the winter. I'm not sure what I want to do this year.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'm Anna, I just completed Tough Mudder in September and a half marathon in November.. I am training up for a full marathon in June. I reduced my mileage over the holidays due to lack of time and bad weather and am now working back up to 25 to 30 miles per week.
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow runners! My name is Martina and I live in NYC but Im originally from Italy. I have been running for years but never had the time to properly prepare myself for a race since I was working and going to school full time. Now that im finally done with school, I started getting more serious about my running. My first 5k will be at the end of March. Add me if you want!
  • redfi1
    redfi1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Fiona and I've been running for about 2 years, on and off. Signed up for my first half marathon, Edinburgh rock n Roll in April. Struggling a little to fit in all my scheduled training round family life, but I'm determined to do it this year. And the sun is starting to shine again - I'm taking this as a sign :smile:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I'm Doug, and I'm a 33 y/o runner from the Black Hills area of South Dakota. I'm in the Air Force stationed at Ellsworth AFB, and ran my first marathon in 2011 (Deadwood Mickelson) and am running it again this year. I try to log 15-20 miles per week, and have a 2-day weights routine I do as well. I started MFP in early December, and lost 20 lbs (currently maintaining 159). I think I've finally got the hang of this "eating within my limits" thing, and look forward to getting in on discussions and finding new friends!
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    I'm Travis from Yankton South Dakota. I love to run, but i am not very fast. I run for fun, not for competition. the only person i compete against is myself. my goal is to do a half or full marathon in every state. Only four states checked off so far but i will keep working at it!
  • MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Rachel. I started running two years ago when my husband deployed to Afghanistan and ran my first half marathon last Feb., the day before I found out I was pregnant with our second child! I so enjoyed running through out my pregnancy, even running (a very slow!) three miles two hours before I went into labor.

That's so sweet :heart:
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Emily, I discovered running in the last couple of years, but didn't start clocking anything respectable until the Scotland Tough Mudder last Summer, followed by the Robin Hood half in September. I stopped training again after that, but picked it up again a couple of months ago.
    I signed up for the Sheffield half in May, I want to make a sub 2:00 time and run the whole way (I ran my other in 2:13, with a walk break at mile 12, d'oh!)
    My fiance's family are talking about getting a family Tough Mudder team for November in the US, which I really hope I can make! What better way to get to know the future In-Laws than tramping through 12 miles of mud, obstacles and pain with them, eh?

Final plans are to run a whole marathon, I've been wanting to do that for over 14 years, I hope to hit one next year.

Feel free to add me!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Deb from beautiful British Columbia, Canada!

I fell in love with running last year and a typical week is around 16 - 20 miles. I have signed up for my first half this August in Vancouver, BC so that number is about to increase =)

I look forward to getting to know some of you and sharing tips and tricks to get through those tough training days!!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Lisa, I live Northern CA, I'm 39 and just completed my first half marathon last weekend (1:53:26 was my official time). I love running and I particularly love distance running. Love that feeling of pushing myself past the point of comfortable and past the point of when most folks would give up! I've got an 18 mile race mid May and another half in June. I'm contemplating a full marathon in the fall for my 40th bday but am not totally sold yet. Lovely to "meet" you all!! :)
  • lucky2bhere
    lucky2bhere Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all - my name is Grace, Cape Town (South Africa). I completed my third 10km race in 74min this weekend (still a bit of a newbie) - my goal is to start running half-marathons in 2014, and a full one by 2015 :smile: I'm not a natural runner, but I love the social aspect of the events, and the sense of achievement once I complete a race. Glad to find a forum where everyone is on the same page... awesome meeting you all!
  • wanabefitter
    Options
    Tom
    York in the UK, retraining to run the London Marathon in April

Just strating to enjoy it again!
  • michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have been running for 32 years...wow Im getting old! Im still running :) Oh ..from Idaho:0)
  • Bigboss54
    Bigboss54 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm from Brisbane Australia. Started running in 2009 at age 50 after being roped in to doing a 10k fun run. finished in 64:41. Have done 3 half marathons the first 8 weeks after breaking my collar bone in a motorcycle accident, my third half last year 5 months after a heart attack. Best time 1:42:19 for half. A week ago I done a 5k in 21:43 and Sept last year a 10k in 45:51. I also run in the largest timed fun run in the world the City 2 Surf in Sydney Australia 14k best result 67:13. Hope this give you good people some inspiration as to what can be achieved.
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Thought I'll give running a try to lose weight..... havent been very successful in losing weight but have started enjoying running.
    Completed my first half recently and was thrilled. Glad to meet all of you. So inspirational.
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    *waves* I live in Perth, Australia. I was a competitive middle distance runner in high school and university, but eventually life got in the way and I stopped running. After a few reassessments of some life choices I'd made, I decided to get back into running. Mainly just for fitness reasons. Then I thought "hey, I should totally run a marathon!". So in the last 18 months I've been running again.

Since then, I've done a couple of half marathons and posted sub 2 hour times (I'm 32 and female), which are results I've been reasonably happy with. I'm planning to run in my first marathon in August in the Perth City to Surf. I'm not following any specific training program for the marathon, just doing my own thing. Running daily (no specific rest day, just take one when I feel like I need one) and covering about 50 miles a week at this stage.
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi all

I'm Janine 30 and haved been running since 2011, I started with the C25K right after I had my second child. In 2011 I ran a 5k, 10k and my first half (2.06)

Then in 2012 I returned to work and running fell off my timetable, now I'm making it a priority again. I've signed up fro a 10k in May and am running the same half I did in 2011 this October.
  • RunnerTML
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

My name is Tressa. I am a 24-years-old graduate student (hopefully soon to be doctorate student). I decided to join myfitnesspal to ensure I am consuming proper nutrition.

I found a passion for running a few years ago and have been enjoying it ever since. Luckily, my husband enjoys running as much as I do! Together, we run between 20-30 miles a week.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am Tim.
    I played soccer when I was a kid, and that requires a lot of running. But, that was different. That was a sport. It wasn't just running. I thought I hated long distance running.
    But, for some reason, I started doing it in college, in Minnesota, in March, when the first warmer weather came and you could get outside without a heavy coat. For the first month, I probably did not go further than around the block, and I might have walked half of that.
    Then, you know how it goes. You just naturally start to need to go a little further, to get that buzz, or maybe to feel as tired in your legs, or just to see what is around the corner. In a matter of a few months, I was going miles. When I went home to visit, to California, I began running up the hills, and down trails.
    It was never anything conscious or intentional. I did not need to lose weight. I was not getting in shape for anything.
    Sometimes, you just get started, and it feels good, and you keep going.
    Now, I cannot imagine ever stopping. This past year, I had knee surgery and was not allowed to run for almost six months. It was horrible.
  • joshsvendsen
    Options
    Hello, I'm Josh i have ran both half marathons and marathons before but not for a few years. I'm hoping to find motivation to get back into some. Happy running!