Introductions

Options
UrbanRunner81
UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
Introduce yourself!

Replies

• adhillman01
    Options
    Hi, I'm Ashley. I just started running half marathons with dreams of a full.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Teresa. I am from Pittsburgh. I just ran my first half marathon last month. I loved it and I hope to do a couple more next year and run a full marathon as well.
    I have tendentious in my foot so I am letting it heal before I start running again and it is killing me! I want to run so badly, but I must be patient or risk hurting myself worse.
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I am Nehal from Baltimore, MD. I am a newbie (kind of) at long distance running and will start training for my first half in the new year! I am a dork about running as I love it and am here to support others with their running goals!
  • sakamanojr
    sakamanojr Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Good Day All,

My name is Barry and I live in Mississauga, just outside of Toronto, Canada.
    I have run 8 half's- most recent October 23rd and 4 full's.
    It is starting to get into Winter up here so I will take quite a bit of running onto the treadmill. No races most likely until March.

Thanks hippie for starting up this group. I am always interested in a forum to discuss strategy, shoes, nutrition, and of course races. If I do not know you yet, please feel free to send a friend request.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Ray - Started running in winter of 2010 mostly to do triathlons, but ended up doing a half marathon in Sept 2010 in 1:54.

In 2011 I ran a very popular 30k race in Hamilton ON (Around the Bay 30k) and finished in 2:46. I plan on doing that 30k race again in 2012 with a goal of 2:40. I've already started ramping up my mileage; up to 21 miles/week right now and should be peaking around 50 miles/week 3 weeks before the race in March.
  • beastlye
    Options
    Hi, my name is Elyse, and I've been hooked on running for about 6 years. I think my favorite distance is the half marathon, but I'm training for a marathon (my 2nd) in February. It's interesting to see the transition between running for exercise (obligation) and choosing to run because you just don't feel right without it. I also love that it's a competition with yourself...it keeps me focused, I think. It's nice to meet you, fellow running addicts! :)
  • girlontherun5
    girlontherun5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jen, I live east of Toronto in Ontario, Canada - nice to see another Canadian on here :) I've been running for around 8 years but it's just over the past 3 that I got into the really long distances. So far I've run 7 1/2s, 2 fulls and a 30k. It really is a bit of an addicting thing :) I ran my last race for the year on Sunday (a 10k) and am now thinking about what it is I want to do next year...
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hi! Another Canuck :bigsmile: I'm Meag from Hamilton ON.

Can't wait to check this group out some more once things get going. I just ran my first 1/2 Marathon but definitely not my last. Running a 10mile race on Boxing Day again this year and have an 8K coming up on Saturday...

Great to see some local faces here - I'd love to hear about any good local races you've run!
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    My name is Sue and I live in Ontario, Canada. I have been running for 25+ years but always on my own. 5-10km a few times per week. This year I stepped it up, joined a Running Room Clinic and completed my first half-marathon in May (Ottawa), my second in October (Scotiabank, Toronto) and am registered to run the Chilly Half in Burlington in March.
  • Bullly
    Bullly Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm Karl (aka Bullly) and have been running on and off for 30 years. Recently mainly off!

Getting back into running again so I can run longer distances again, improve my fitness and help with weight loss
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Heather. I started running to lose weight a few years ago and signed up to run a 5k as a way to keep myself motivated. I got hooked! I love the race experiance, the butterflies, the people, the beer. This past summer was my first time running longer distances ending with a 2:07 half mary this past October. I discovered I like the longer runs and plan to do many more. My running guru is running her first full next fall in Niagra falls and Im pretty sure she has me convinced to do it with her.
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you all!

I'm Becca, from the Midlands (UK). I started running this year (2011) and ran my first half in July this year. I now have a place in London Marathon next year so training has begun (you can't believe how scared I am!) I have some 10km races signed up for over the upcoming months.
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all...My name is Nan, I just completed my first half on Sunday with my 15 yr old daughter- who is a FAST (lightening FAST) runner- but who chose to run with me. I am a slow runner and will most likely always be pretty slow- since I have some paralysis in my legs. I love to run there is nothing like it. My fav distance is definitely a 10K...but I enjoyed the half and someday (next year) would like to tackle a full. I have the time to train- I just need to watch out for injuries. :-)
  • ladybug11
    ladybug11 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Amy. So excited to be a part of this group! I have been distance running for over two years now and have completed two half marathons, and after this Sunday, will have completed two full marathons. I run five to six days a week, long runs on Saturdays or Sundays, and can't imagine ever NOT running since I have discovered the joy and therapeutic benefits of the distance run. It will be great to interact with a group who understands I'm not a wack job for wanting to run 20 miles at a time, or for eating 2500 - 3000 calories a day during training!
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, Cassandra here!

I'm on week 4 of C25K. I aspire to run a marathon one day! Recent college grad with my whole life in front of me. I just want to be FIT, TONED & AWESOME in my Prime!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Sharon and I live in Big Spring Texas. I've been running for about 15 years, but have just started doing long distances this past 2 years. I was supposed to run the San Antonio half two years ago, I registered and was ready and then I had to have surg and was unable to participate. So I am finally going to run it this Sunday! My first half! I am really excited! There is another half in March that I plan on running too. It's nice to meet yall and thanks for starting the group!
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I am Belinda. I live in Northern Michigan and have been running for about 20 years. I coach cross country and track and LOVE it so very much! Currently I am pregnant so my milage is a little lower. My goal is to be able to stay at a 5k distance the whole time I am pregnant.

Prior to get pregnant though I had just started training for an Ultra next Fall with this rough layout: Late May BayShore 1/2 Marathon; Early July Cherry Fest 15k; Late July Marathon; September 50 miler ---- I would of course fill this in with some 5 and 10k runs. However, the new game plan will greatly depend on how running long distance while nursing goes. I will def be doing the 15k in July. With hopefully at least 1 half in late summer or early fall. Then the following year I will try to reach my ultimate goal of doing an Ultra.
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Meredith, I live in PIttsburgh. I am relatively new to running, my most recent accomplishment is a 10k. I registered for the Pittsburgh Half Marathon in May 2012, so I am currently training for that!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Lynde from Ohio. I just completed my 13th half marathon on Saturday in Savannah with a new PR of 2:58:39. My first half marathon was in October, 2009 with a time of 3:28. I also ran my first full marathon 3 weeks ago. I am a run/walker who is slow, but working on increasing my pace! Glad to join the group!
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hey i'm Phillip. I live in the Metro Detroit Area.

7 Months ago, i couldn't run a block and had gout.

Flash forward to today, I weight 53 pounds less, I ran my first 10k on 10/30, (Total time 57:21 Average Mile 9:15.) and i am planning on doing my first half Marathon next year.

I train at least 3 days a week, (elliptical, or outside running) Averaging about 15 miles a week.

running allows me to have quiet time that i never get with two kids, a wife, a full time media sales job. I look forward to the quiet time (and the time to listen to music or podcasts or what ever i want.)

This week, i am doing a 25 mile challenge. (Where i have to run, bike, or Walk 25 miles) to push myself. Not looking forward to it as i have to split work outs a couple of days, but at the same time i am looking forward to pushing myself to do it!