Introductions

Options

Replies

• juls262
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm Julia from Utah. I've been running on and off for a little more than a year. I've done 2 half's, 1 full, and am training for another full in May. I really need to get my butt in gear and start training for this next one, hoping to get some running buddies that will spread some motivation!
  • Kluthyy
    Kluthyy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Kristin. I started running a few years ago and have been hooked ever since! It is so nice to meet people with the same passion! Running is my outlet...without it id probably go insane! I run everyday but I do not usually do much competitive running, so far only 2 halfs and a 10k here and there, but decided to finally sign up for a marathon this May! Ill probably be bugging you all for training tips soon. Feel free to add me, I am always looking for buddies! Happy running! :)
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Christine!
    I'm new to running; I started running first week of August to burn quick calories, used Couch to 5k to get past my initial 2 mile barrier and did my first 5k in November. I am currently running 4 miles, 3 times a week. For some crazy reason I decided a couple weeks ago to try for a half marathon and signed up for one on March 11. My 12 week training starts today. :)
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'll Allie, from NJ, and just got into running last year. I've enjoyed it much more than I thought, and this past year have run several 5K's and my first Half in Oct. Next year I'm signed up for 2 Halfs, the first one being at Disney in Feb, and cannot wait!! Really hoping to improve my endurance in 2012 and eventually do a full.
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Liz and I started running this summer with Couch to 5K. I run a 5K every week and have signed up to a 10K in february (did Bridge to 10K as a follow-on from C25K). Am seriously thinking about aiming to train for a half-marathon either autumn 2012 or spring 2013 (or I guess I could do both?!). Did my first sub 8-minute mile last week as part of a 5K run :-)
  • nbkpom1
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sandy (a male) and I have run 2 halfs and my first full marathon at the Marine Corps Marathon in October. I really need to get my weight down to have a chance to increase speed. I came to this site to log my food and exercise. I didn't know about this so not sure how much I can contribute since I am already on Dailymile and a runners page on Facebook. It will be nice to chat with runners with similar goals.
  • Piccachu
    Options
    Good Evening All,

I'm PM from Calgary, AB. I used to be a running fanatic from 2001-2007 - including many many 5kms races, 10km races, 30km Around the Bays, full marathons, half marathons and countless triathlons. I moved from Toronto to Calgary in 2007 and found it VERY difficult to keep up with any exercise due to my job. I had some health issues in 2008, a baby in 2009, and 2010 -2011 were pretty much a write off!

After so many sedentary years and several lbs of weight gain, I just can't live like that anymore!! I just started back running in November 2011. I plan on running 2 half marathons and 1 full marathon this year. It feels uber good to be back in the saddle!!!
  • DianaV86
    DianaV86 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My name is Diana and I just started running last year. Before that, my motto was "only run if there is an emergency" haha!

Last year I ran 6 5Ks....my fastest time was 31:40.

I am currently training for a 15K in March and my goal is to run the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon in November.
  • 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Alison and I live in Toronto. I've been running on and off for about six years but ran my first Half last year six months after having my second child. My goals for 2012 are to run two more halfs and bring my time down below two hours.
  • tjalt
    tjalt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Lisa from Akron, Ohio. I'm a personal trainer who has been hooked on running for the last 2.5 years. I have completed multiple half marathons and one full marathon. I am currently training for my 2nd full which is Pittsburgh on 5/6/12. I have no doubt that I'll finish....just doubting if my knee will need to be amputated afterward :) I'm new to the group - feel free to add me as a friend if you're a serious MFP-er. Thanks! Run hard. Run long. Run strong.
  • JustBeckyV
    Options
    Hi - I am Becky. I am 43 yrs old from Des Moines, IA. I only began running about a few years ago and have fell in love :) I am not a fast running by any means but I get the job done. I have completed 1 half, 1 full, 1 20k and several 5k 10k and others. I have been sidelined since my last race on Thanksgiving. Initially they thought I had a fracture but it was tendonitis - so no running 4 - 6 weeks. I decided to have surgery on my right foot to correct my bunion. Hoping to get back out there by around March and start training for a 20k the beginning of June!
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hey gang, I'm Jack. I am 35, and have been running for a year. I did the Couch to 5k program, and ran a 5K last May, and a 4miler in July. Then I slacked off a bit. I'm back at it, and motivated to expand my distance. Initially, I had planned on three upcoming races in a series--a 5K, 10K, and 10Miler--but joined a training group that uses those three in their training plan to prep for a mini marathon a month later. That got me to thinking that the mini might be possible. Thus, I've set my goals even higher, and I've got some work to do.
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    Hey, I'm Kat, 30 years old, in the UK and working towards a 10k. I started off with Couch to 5k last year and began regularly running 5k. I slacked off a bit over the holidays so I'm easing back into 5ks and want to run a 10k this year.
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Pickles- I'm 25, live in Western Canada, and recently started really getting into running. I am working on a 10K right now but would like to run a half in the future. Unfortunately, my town has next to no marathons, so I will have to travel to do them, but I think it'll be worth it! I am loving how I feel when I run- it used to be hard and now I look forward to it.
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    Hi! I'm Ryan, 28 from Missouri. I love to run! Running is my high and my de-stressor. Planning to do a couple of 1/2M this year and some 10ks and 5ks sprinkled in there. I have been running seriously again since last summer (after having not run regularly for the previous 10 years). Nice to meet you all!
  • Hi im lyndsey from England, I used to run alot before i was injured and had surgery on both legs but am now trying to get back into it.
    I ran a 1/2 marathon Sept last year ( the great north run) with a time of 2hours 30min, and have applied for this years run and want to improve my time quite alot ( 2hours flat) a little hopeful but you have to aim high sometimes.
    Great to meet you all x
  • jem304
    jem304 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Jeannie. I'm a runner, mom of three, and entrepreneur (ok still working on that part). I love to run - it keeps me sane. I run 35+ miles per week, rarely race, but love my long runs (usually 10-15 miles). I'm trying to lose the weight so that I actually look like a runner. I don't want to be terribly skinny, but I would like my hard-earned muscles to be visable.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I'm mostly a triathlete, who occasionally throws in half marathons for fun. I enjoy trail running, though I usually overdo it and end up messing up my knees. I started walking back in 2006 when I weighed roughly 250lb. Eventually that transitioned into running. My first race was a marathon. I finished it, but just barely. I wasn't as well trained as I needed to be, and I found out the hard way just how little I knew about long distance racing.

I've since improved my training, racing, and overall health. I enjoy running, and it's my strongest discipline in triathlon. I stink out loud at it, but that doesn't stop me from trying. I love love LOVE hills, I think just because big fellow aren't supposed to, and I enjoy the challenge. Even with my distinct lack of talent, I keep plugging away, logging miles, and having the time of my life.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Angie from Atlanta, GA. I'm just getting back into distance running after about an 8 month break. I had a terrible case of plantar faciitis and tendonitis. I'm excited to get back to it! I'm looking to do a half marathon in late April/early May. I've done 5 halfs, 1 full, and an olympic distance tirathlon. I missed running so much!
  • Floridaboiler
    Floridaboiler Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Eric and I am a Boilermaker living in Gator Country! :-D I ran in HS and then I stopped and got heavy! Then I started running again about 10 years ago and I have been running ever since. I have run races from a distance of 1 mile up to 50K and some day I would I like to try a 50 miler. Unfortunately last fall I got achilles tendonitis from playing soccer and now my weight is paying for it. I tried cutting back on my miles to see if that would let it heal itself but it didn't work. So now I am stuck in a walking boot for the next 30 days. I am hoping that this site will help me to get a better control of my eating habits. In the past when I could run as much as I wanted I didn't watch what I ate at all. Well Now I have to!

Thanks and Boiler Up!