I am feeling hungry most of time

Options
Hello All,

I am new to the group, I have just known that I have hypothyroid disorders. I'v started to take the medicine.
My problem is I gain weight too fast, and when I try a diet, I lose weight very slow.
The big problem is that I feel hungry and sometimes can't control my eating.

What to do guys to come out from this swirl?!

Replies

• xxxMumof2xxx
    Options
    Hi, I feel your pain. I am also Hypo. I was diagnosed nearly 15 years ago. Loosing weight is really hard, and gaining too easy. I am gluten free, I only eat 1200cals per day and I have lost 18lbs since December. The hunger thing goes once you have started dieting fully, I guess I was still "hungry" for the first 2-3 weeks. My problem now is remembering to eat! You can beat this cycle, stay positive.
  • nickiboop
    nickiboop Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was diagnosed last year after months of not loosing weight despite low cal high exercise. however I think that was making my symptoms worse.

Now I eat low carb / high fat and lift weights. I have managed to loose 25lb since last year and feel much better overall

its worth trying a different approach, anything is better than constantly being hungry and low carb seems to work well for people with metabolic issues
  • shimaa_gamil
    shimaa_gamil Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, I can try intensive exercise with high protein diet, I started today and will check the results, I hope to see an effect very soon and able to manage the hunger.