Success thread

Options
4theking
4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
Wanted a place we could come and post our accomplishments!! Weight lost, inches lost, strength gained. Be proud and share with the group.

Replies

• alpha_andy
    alpha_andy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was arm day.

I did a preacher curl with a 110 lb ezbar which was a first for me. Only 6 reps at that weight, but I'll bring it up over time.
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I notice I'm getting slightly stronger. I am just lifting 5 lb. and 10 lb. weights, but I feel stronger (oh and my 18 lb. baby). :smile:
  • 4theking
    Options
    Yesterday was arm day.

I did a preacher curl with a 110 lb ezbar which was a first for me. Only 6 reps at that weight, but I'll bring it up over time.

Impressive Andy!
  • 4theking
    Options
    I notice I'm getting slightly stronger. I am just lifting 5 lb. and 10 lb. weights, but I feel stronger (oh and my 18 lb. baby). :smile:

Stronger is progress and progress is good! :)
  • JennNH12
    JennNH12 Posts: 56
    Options
    The past month and a half has been great. I have lost some weight, but its the inches I am most proud of. 4.5 inches in my hips, and 4 inches in my waist. I am sure I have lost inches elsewhere, but I have not been measuring anyhting else. But i am down one size of jeans and almost into the next. I had lost a few lbs before joining MFP, and now even more on here. I wake up pretty happy everyday!
  • JennNH12
    JennNH12 Posts: 56
    Options
    I have also found myself to be less of a klutz. LOL. More sure of my steps. Sturdy
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm back down to the same weight I was in October! Managed to loose all the stress/holiday weight I put on. I'm even ahead of the game....usually it takes me till at least late April/May to get back down. (Yes, it is a regular trend for me) But I'm not stopping here! This year I REALLY want to get down to my goal weight! (Another 8-10 lbs to go!)
  • 4theking
    Options
    The past month and a half has been great. I have lost some weight, but its the inches I am most proud of. 4.5 inches in my hips, and 4 inches in my waist. I am sure I have lost inches elsewhere, but I have not been measuring anyhting else. But i am down one size of jeans and almost into the next. I had lost a few lbs before joining MFP, and now even more on here. I wake up pretty happy everyday!

That is awesome! Success with losing weight leads to success in everything else in life!
  • 4theking
    Options
    I'm back down to the same weight I was in October! Managed to loose all the stress/holiday weight I put on. I'm even ahead of the game....usually it takes me till at least late April/May to get back down. (Yes, it is a regular trend for me) But I'm not stopping here! This year I REALLY want to get down to my goal weight! (Another 8-10 lbs to go!)

I am not immune to the post holiday weight gain. You are making progress/improvements by being better this year than last. Keep building on that.
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    Started again with King and his plan (spike) on Feb 3, 2013 I have lost I believe 9 lbs and 1 dress size as of present!

I eat 1700 cal daily and 3500 carb load one day. I do full body lifts 3x a week. and some cardio daily.

I love it! I feel great! It works!

Thank you Jason!

**I will update monthly until I reach goal.

King this is a brilliant idea!
  • 4theking
    Options
    Started again with King and his plan (spike) on Feb 3, 2013 I have lost I believe 9 lbs and 1 dress size as of present!

I eat 1700 cal daily and 3500 carb load one day. I do full body lifts 3x a week. and some cardio daily.

I love it! I feel great! It works!

Thank you Jason!

**I will update monthly until I reach goal.

King this is a brilliant idea!

Thanks Bea. Starting the group was actually another friend of mines idea. It does make it easier. You have done really well and I have enjoyed working with you. I know you will continue to dominate and win!!
  • jendarlin
    jendarlin Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    12lbs down in 8 weeks following this plan (again)! :happy:

I wanted to also add that I struggled for a while trying to follow TDEE ( based on calculators and body media fit) -15-20%. I was not losing weight and clothing was getting tighter. Switched back to spiking which I've followed before successfully and BAM! Weight going down, clothes getting too big!
  • 4theking
    Options
    12lbs down in 8 weeks following this plan (again)! :happy:

I wanted to also add that I struggled for a while trying to follow TDEE ( based on calculators and body media fit) -15-20%. I was not losing weight and clothing was getting tighter. Switched back to spiking which I've followed before successfully and BAM! Weight going down, clothes getting too big!

Great loss Jen! Yes, I think there can be errors trying to calculate calories burned from exercise. That is why I don't care what a body media says.
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    50lb dumbbells are too light for me now (doing overhead extensions)... i started on 35lbs... and there's no heavier weights in the gym! better find someplace else!
  • 4theking
    Options
    50lb dumbbells are too light for me now (doing overhead extensions)... i started on 35lbs... and there's no heavier weights in the gym! better find someplace else!

Wow Katy! That is impressive!! Yes, find a new gym!
  • 4theking
    Options
    Down one pound this week to 229lbs. Finally broke into the 220's again! YES!!
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options

Of course you did!:smile:
  • StrongerThanThor
    StrongerThanThor Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first time to have enough courage to post my before and during pictures since i was suffering from man boobs when i was overweight!

Thanks for the group, dude!
  • 4theking
    Options

Of course you did!:smile:

Thanks Bea!
  • 4theking
    Options
    Yesterday was my first time to have enough courage to post my before and during pictures since i was suffering from man boobs when i was overweight!

Thanks for the group, dude!

Amazing transformation Tarekstein!! Glad you are on board!!