Options
FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
5623f8e573d81d1d19027479a86976a4.jpg

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    Options
    So, I attempted 2 ZWOWs today. omg, they are hard!!! I probably did 1/3 of the reps as her and most of the really hard stuff I did at beginner modification. I couldn't do pistol squats at all. I had some technical problems along the way, with my computer and also an ongoing problem with doing mtn climbers & burpees that stretch out my area rug. Normally I go a little off the rug, but I couldn't find a place with enough space for the strict mtn climbers. Finally just did them on the rug and let it stretch. Oh well. Beforehand, I had done the NMTZ warm up, then the ZWOWs, then straight into NMTZ c1, c2, c3, and the first minute or so of c4 before I realized that my right knee is absolutely SHOT. Hoping it will feel better since I didn't push any harder after that.

Off to pick up my son and hope to get a fast walk in. Gotta goooooooooooo!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I did 3 videos from Blogilates. I like those, but always feel they are just too short! I got pretty sweaty tho! My shins are hurting from running and I am doing my best to keep them stretched and hopefully it won't be too bad since I run every other day. I am hoping the rest day in between will help.

I am stressing out over finding a job and now we are trying to get a house that we made an offer on. Ugh, this is stressful stuff! Have a great day everyone!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Thanks partners, for the kick in the pants!! I'm pleased with my workout today. I would've liked to have gotten more done, to try to make-up for yesterday, but I did as much as I could, given that my knee was hurtin' pretty bad. I also went and did 45min instead of the usual 30min fast walk, followed by long stretch, cool down and an additional slow walk and some shopping.

Jessica, way to hit Blogilates! She tends to talk alot at the beginning & ending, so the workout isn't nearly as long as you think it will be, so yeah it's good to stack several together. You do get sweaty though, don't you? Sorry to hear your shins are still hurting. Have you considered those compression things that go on your legs to prevent shin splints? Try looking them up on Amazon. I hear they work. Good luck with the job hunt and the house. Moving to a new place can be stressful, I've done it a couple of times in my life and there's so much "discovering" where to go and what to do and what neighborhood is best and what good employers are around. But there's also alot of fun discovery too, remember to enjoy the "novelty" of it, before it wears off. ;-)

I'm glad to see all of you "regulars" on here...but I can't help notice that a few people have fallen silent. Hellooooo? I know * I'd * want a kick in the tail, to keep me going...but idk if folks have completely disappeared, are going at it alone, or still working and just lurking the group??? If you need a kick in the pants, you'd better let yourself be known!

Anyway, happy tuesday! I hope everyone is starting to see some tell-tale signs of Spring (I guess for some of you, just LESS snow would be welcomed! :laugh: ).
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Today was day 16 of insanity and it was the pylometic cardio circuit and after zumba last night i'm pretty darn sore!
    But i got through it and burnt more calories than i have doing the program so far (according to my HRM).

Jessica: make sure you be careful that your sore shins don't turn into shin splints, best to deal with the problem now then have to deal with splints. Last year i went through shin splints and had to stop running for a couple of months to make sure they healed properly!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on the shin splints ladies! I need to look into those compression things, you are not the first to tell me about those! I am afraid that they might already be pretty close to splints since they hurt pretty bad when I exercise. I also saw a commercial with Dolvett from BL about some inserts that are supposed t help prevent that stuff. Might look into that too......

Fromhereonout - You seem to be doing so well with your workouts! You are always doing so much! I am lucky if I get my run or a few videos in! Kudos to you. And yes, Cassey Ho talks A LOT. haha.

Ssand - I did the first month of insanity and it was a blast. Good for you for doing that and something else! Insanity kicked my butt and I liked every minute of it! I wavered after month 2 started. It was WAY more insane than month 1! LOL. Good luck and have fun!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    haha, Jessica if you had only seen me trying to keep up with Zuzana Light today!!! lol. She was literally doing 10 mtn climbers to my 3!! I HAVE to do more workouts, just to equal one real one! hahaha!! Seriously though, after two 30day commitments (30DS & RI30) since January, I decided to dedicate March to trying new things. The problem with that is that when every workout is "new" to me, I never get those gains in experience that you usually get after about day 3 of a workout...so I flail about alot and I do sweat, but it isn't an optimal workout. But, I'm definitely getting to try lots of new things and will hopefully have a good idea of what I might "settle down into" for April. But, I must say, I am really starting to ENJOY working out and the "fitness habit" and that's what I'm really after. From there, it should all fall into place.
  • Galonamission81
    Galonamission81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Today I did the fitness blender 100 rep workout. I'm really enjoying trying out these new workouts. I love that I don't know what's coming next. With Jillian's videos I was always dreading the next circuit because I know them all by heart!! Lol
    I am currently just going to commit to two Jillian workouts per week... Three tops!
    Anyone have any good recommendations?
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello all...I have had a sinus headache and issues all day it windy...and the air is full of pollen..my brain hurts. So I stretched today...I can't bounce this head around it feels like it might bust...aggggh...hopefully tommorows rain will be enough to was all the pollen away.

Congrats to all of you...happy workout..
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    No workout today because DD went into labor and delivered our 4th grandson!!!:bigsmile: