insanity Help!!

Options
My Husband and i started Insanity 2/313 so were into our 3rd week unfortunately My husband has got the dreaded flu so has been unable to do the workouts and hasn't really eaten when he is back to full health does anyone know if he just picks up where he left off or would he have to start the program again?? ( im really hoping i don't catch it !!) Thanks,

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    How many days has he missed? If It's more than a week, I'd probably say to just start that week over. However if it's just a couple days, he'll be find to skip them (or double up, if needed). No worries.
  • bernie79
    bernie79 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanks for the info, he did his second fit test Saturday and he has been ill since. See how he gets on cheers.
  • tyal0523
    tyal0523 Posts: 70
    Options
    Same thing happened to me, and with a program like INSANITY, which is high intensity cardio circuit training your better off starting from the beggening!!!!!!! I know thats not what you want to hear but it will be worth it in the end!!!!!
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    How many days has he missed? If It's more than a week, I'd probably say to just start that week over. However if it's just a couple days, he'll be find to skip them (or double up, if needed). No worries.

This..
    If he doesn't miss more than a few days of one week, I don't see where backing up 3 weeks is going to help. 1 maybe, but not 3.
    Month 1 is really getting you ready so you don't die in Month two. :)
    So, I do agree that skipping too much would not be a good thing.
  • bernie79
    bernie79 Posts: 38
    Options
    thanks for the info guys :-)
  • melaniecmajors
    melaniecmajors Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I leave the program for weeks at a time (I have exercise A.D.D.) and I usually just do the first workout in module one, see how that feels, then if good, pick up with module 2 or wherever there is a challenge. His body will remember the fitness gains he's made in the previous weeks. Just experiment. I think any of the workouts are good for you but you do want to DIG DEEPER so don't get stuck on the procedure in lieu of the substance. If you like Insanity, you will continue to do it many, many times after your 60 days is up because no other workout compares.