Cardio

Options
2»

Replies

• jwpe
    jwpe Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did work out B for New rules of lifting for women, taught 2 60 min dance classes and a 45 min zumba classes, approx 900 calories.
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Snow shoed, hilly terrain, breaking trail, today burned 630 cal 1 hr....
  • mikehart164
    mikehart164 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    LOTS OF YOU MADE THE LIST TODAY!! I still love this the most why because if you do over 500 a day thats easily 1-2.5 pounds lost a week and since your exercising it means you are increasing your metabolism. I LOVE IT.

P.S. I did 567 Today. I had each and every one of you in the back of my MIND THANKS!!
  • lizlashley2009
    lizlashley2009 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did 600 in 90 minutes of cardio including warm up on the elliptical, some abs and push ups, jumping jacks, toe knee sky's, then 20 minutes intervals, 20 minutes on the bike, the cool down felt great!
  • momof377
    momof377 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I did 72 minutes of cardio today including 32 minutes on elliptical and 40 minutes of walking for a total of 545 calories burned!!!

P.S. Also burned some calories shoveling snow. Isn't tomorrow the first day of spring? You would never know it here in Wisconsin!!
  • mkkhoza
    mkkhoza Posts: 79
    Options
    20 minutes of rowing and 50 minute bootcamp workout---1253 calories burnt.
  • bits4226
    bits4226 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    919 yesterday!! whooo -hooooo!!! lots of walking and jogging... going for 500 today!!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,289 Member
    Options
    I burned 882 calories today!

62 minutes walking 4.17 miles
    75 minutes on challenges including yours.
  • mikehart164
    Options
    You are all on FIRE!
  • cpanus
    Options
    03/21 - Rest Day
    03/22 - 714 calories burned doing 25 mins 30DS, 70 mins on challenges
    03/23 - 1030 calories burned doing 25 mins 30DS, 60 mins on challenges and walking 4.17 miles in 62 mins.
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Sunday I did 1500 cal worth of tennis, 220 minutes -two sessions of doubles. felt a little achy when I went to bed, but it was a good achy.
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    KirstenTheFamilyCoach Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    so ... I am kinda bummed. I see people writing in with a thousand plus calories burned in less than an hour and I know that it'll take me a good 2+ hours to do the same. How do I get a better calorie burn? I do cardio (WOGging) and lifting (StrongLifts). Is there a trick I'm missing to be able to put up these huge numbers?
  • mikehart164
    Options
    so ... I am kinda bummed. I see people writing in with a thousand plus calories burned in less than an hour and I know that it'll take me a good 2+ hours to do the same. How do I get a better calorie burn? I do cardio (WOGging) and lifting (StrongLifts). Is there a trick I'm missing to be able to put up these huge numbers?

Don't be bummed I weigh 213 pounds which is why I burn more calories then you do becuase you are at what 150 pounds? So I would burn 30% more calories then you which would do some of the math for you. Keep doing what you are doing and look into High Intensity Interval workouts those really shred calories. Also look into increasing levels on the machines you use. For example an elliptical at level 6 you will burn about 4 more calories per minute if you bump it up to level 8 =-) Hope this helps.
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    i didnt get as much cardio in today as i usually get in i didn't go to the gym as i am grand parenting and have been since Friday but i did get 30 minuets on the elliptical and hope to do a Jillian workout after i get her to bed.
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    KirstenTheFamilyCoach Posts: 327 Member
    Options

Don't be bummed I weigh 213 pounds which is why I burn more calories then you do becuase you are at what 150 pounds? So I would burn 30% more calories then you which would do some of the math for you. Keep doing what you are doing and look into High Intensity Interval workouts those really shred calories. Also look into increasing levels on the machines you use. For example an elliptical at level 6 you will burn about 4 more calories per minute if you bump it up to level 8 =-) Hope this helps.

Well I tend to run outside not on a machine but I can do more hills and maybe carry hand weights. I wear a HRM so I have a pretty accurate accounting of my burn. I just wish I could do the big stuff like everyone else here. Then my GIANT EATING DAY (like today) wouldn't be so bad :(
  • cpanus
    Options
    Burned 1196 calories on Sunday - 03/24 walking 4.65 miles w/daughter and puppy in 86 minutes, 45 mins on challenges, 25 mins on Zumba, and 25 mins on 30DS.

Burned 1076 calories Monday - 03/25 walking 4.04 miles in 60 mins, 25 mins on 30DS, and 75 mins on other challenges including this one.
  • debgoomey
    debgoomey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My husband always burns 1000's of calories more than I do! There are days that I look at his food diary and grumble, but I know that he also is a foot taller than I am, and weighs more, and he is male which automatically burns more, so I have to put it into perspective. I often do more exercises outside too, try picking up the tempo a bit if you are worried about calorie burn. But please do not compare your calorie burn to others do the best you can and you will conquer you goal!