Week of March 18th Challenge!

Options
lissa0040
lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
Hi Everyone!

Welcome back to another weekly challenge!! We are continuing with a new challenge so everyone should be able to get on board.

We have a leader board!!!

Ladyshadows :flowerforyou: :happy:
Alanakerr :flowerforyou: :happy:
Deanna149 :flowerforyou: :happy:

Completed last week with flying colors! Good job! EVERYONE earned the flower for trying something new-- kudos!

Don't forget to report your progress to be included in the leader board either on this board or private message me.

Let's get things moving!

This week's goal:

275 minutes of cardio or 18 miles on a treadmill, elliptical, crosstrainer, or walking/running with a pedometer.
5 days in the green (staying under in calories)
8 cups of water 5 days
2 servings of fruits and vegetables 5 days
For a bonus flower ** Try an exercise you've never done before or haven't done recently for one of your workouts. For example if you are a walker try a stationary bike or a Zumba class. If you love Zumba try a kickboxing or elliptical. Anything you'd like!

*** For an extra bonus -- tell us what challenged you this week OR give us a Non Scale Victory (NSV)****

If you are new jump right in! We report our results on this strain every Sunday night to be included on the leader board for the following week.

Welcome to the newbies take a minute to introduce yourself to each other.

My name is Melissa and I look forward to meeting you all! We can do this!! :happy:

Replies

• karmahealer
    karmahealer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Got my workout in today, last week I was a little short :love: I'll keep swimming
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    LOVE reporting in every week, and seeing everyone else too!

Swimming is SO awesome, kudos Karmahealer!

I still have the lingering crud, I did Leslie Sansones 3 mile walk today, but I was coughing so much I thought I would die! LOL---as if that walk didnt almost kill me anyway!

Anyone have any good new exercises? I use youtube on my tv a lot.

have a great week!
    Alana
  • LadyShadows
    LadyShadows Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone ones! I know her 5 mile is on Youtube. I have done that one. Not to many new I have tried on there yet. I am always looking myself for new ideas on them.
  • LadyShadows
    LadyShadows Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Cardio was 584 this week.
    5 in green - Yes
    8 in water - Yes
    5 fruit and veggie - Yes

New-
    I started the C25K program. Week one done and one day of week 2 and I like it so far. Adds a mix to the walking.
    Challenge this week was eating out and staying under cals. I did okay though. Was high on sodium but not over on calories.
    NSV was after not being able to wear my wedding bands on my ring finger for YEARS (was wearing on pinky because I would not have them sized)
    I got them on this weekend!! I was so happy!
    Hope everyone else had a great week. :)
  • Deanna149
    Deanna149 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good evening / morning! Hope everyone had a great week!

275 minutes of cardio - Yep (barely, was confused on my weeks and had to add in some last minute dancing! - TY for the idea LadyShadows!!

5 days in the green - kinda of a bad week but was able to make it 6/7...

8 cups of water 5 days - Yep!

2 servings of fruits and vegetables 5 days - Yep

Something new? - not really this week, was a bad week for me excercise wise, was layed up most of the week and unable to do much. today i was able to do alot, and tried combining the 3 mile walk at home with some low-impact kick boxing. was kind of hard but was interesting.

Challenge/NSV - challenging to stay on target when unable to excercise, had alot going on and found myself not eating very well and even went over one day on my goal. on the positive when my mom took me and my daughter out to brunch, i realized i can fit in a booth, as embarrassing as it is the last 3-4 years my tummy would be squished up to the table and very uncomfortable. but i fit, with room between my tummy and the table! was a good feeling.

Look forward to seeing you all next week for the challange!
  • sarita66
    sarita66 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I think I covered everyting! Finally!

Exercise: 275 minutes
    Food: 6 out of 7 days
    Water: 8 plus a day
    Fruits & veggies: 3 to 5 servings/ day

New exercise: planks on a physioball (yuck)