Options
FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
every-drop-of-sweat-is-satisfaction.jpg

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    Options
    ^^^^^ Hey, I posted this days ago, but apropos for Toni's comments yesterday. Instant gratification....and "fat melting". :wink:
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Good morning fit pals!!! I feel so fortunate to have come to meet each of you dedicated friends and it is a joy to come and read everyone's thoughts about their experiences to becoming better, more fit, and more disciplined in this journey. I feel it is a long-overdue gift that I am giving to myself, to finally give my body the attention that it deserves. Good on me, and good on all of you too!

Well, my GNO last night wasn't a total diet-breaker. The restaurant served very sensible, but delectable, portions and I didn't booze at all...was too busy catching up with a friend. BUT (isn't there always a "but"), I got in late and so DH and I stayed up late (no later than usual, but...) and the whole family overslept this morning! haha! Oh well. My son was late to school and my whole day got shifted. Now, I've only gotten one portion of my planned workout done--but it was A GOOD ONE!! Fitness Blender Total Body Barre Workout – 39 Minute Barre Workout Video. He gives really great instructions for tensing all the muscles throughout and you can really feel it. By the second round, I was at about 50% for some of the exercises. And, as for the reverse fly pulses and the flutter kicks--utter failure. Also, I find one-legged squats difficult to do in proper form (knee not extending over toe), but maybe it's just the condition my knees are in this week. Anyway, off to try to get a walk in at the park and hope to get some more smaller workouts done this evening.

Have a good one all! Readya later!
  • Galonamission81
    Galonamission81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Not sue what I'll be doing today. My friend is coming to visit after lunch, so naturally, I'm running around like a madwoman getting my housework done...lol.
    Then, perhaps I'll do a Jillian workout, and maybe some extra strength training. But I'll check back later to see if anyone else is doing something I may want to copy!
    Have a great day everyone!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Well, today seems to be a lazy day for me. I did 3 blogilates videos. I still haven't taken a shower or anything tho and it is almost 2 in the afternoon for me. LOL.

I got word that I have a job at a school until the end of the school year. It is not a teaching job, but it should help me get in there for the new school year. I am hoping so! Also, the sellers on this house we want are supposed to sign our offer today... I hope it all goes well! The inspection is scheduled for tomorrow! So.. all my stress from the beginning of the week is starting to go down towards the end of the week. LOL.

Sherry - I am glad to have met you too! Knowing that I will come on here every day and say what I have planned, makes me want to do more. Very good thing!

Have a great day everyone!
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Today I did c25k w2d2 (again)...hooray for being back on track! I also did 25 minutes of yoga- (sun salutations and a 20 minute post-run yoga video that I found on doyogawithme.com ) No pant malfunctions yet! :laugh: I will hopefully be doing my first class at the studio tomorrow. I'm really loving developing this "practice", but I may need some extra motivation to stick with the running. I LOVE it when I'm actually doing it, but struggle with the get up and go factor.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Hello again! Did my walk today, followed by my usual blissful cooldown stretching and a slow walk. I'm chiming in also on the side of "lazy" and "struggling with the get up and go" factor!! I couldn't motivate to do a couple of short little additional workouts tonight. My husband is super groggy today too. Strange, must be something cosmic going on. Anyway, I hope it passes, because I really love feeling fit and energetic, not slouchy and lazy. :grumble:

During my slow walk, I was thinking how my body has really come a long way and looks pretty darn good in my workout clothes (running pants or yoga pants and running shirts, etc). BUT (didn't I say there's always a "but"?), I think my progress is slowing...especially that my strength and stamina improvements are stalling. I think a whole month is a little too long to go "a la carte" and I need to start thinking about getting into a program again soon, just to keep myself in check. Pity though, because I feel like there are still so many workouts I want to try. I'm going to start thinking about what I will put together for April--possibly NMTZ 2x/wk & BFBM 2x/wk & "ladies choice" 1x/wk (so I can still try new things), but I'm not totally sure yet, just thinking about it. Also considering Pilates, which is surprisingly effective, for being so seemingly simple. Not sure if I'm gonna give c25k (or just my own running training) a go yet. Possibly.

Well, gonna go be even more lazy for the rest of the night. Having a 4 day weekend here with school out Fri & Mon, so I should probably embrace the laziness tonight, to rest up for a long, rowdy weekend with the kiddos.

:happy:
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have a different workout schedule right now due to helping DD that just gave birth to our 4th grandson. With my getting the other boys to school, I have to get up at 5am to workout before they wake...LOL...whew!

This morning I decided to do a 1 mile fast walk indoors (Leslie Sansone's Fast 5 Miles dvd) followed by Debbie Sieber's Stretch & Limber dvd.

WTG on each of you getting a workout today!

Sherry, I have noticed that these early workuts have been giving me energy to get through my FULL days of helping my DD and her family this week. I know what you mean about "really love feeing fit and energetic".:wink:
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Today I did c25k w2d2 (again)...hooray for being back on track! I also did 25 minutes of yoga- (sun salutations and a 20 minute post-run yoga video that I found on doyogawithme.com ) No pant malfunctions yet! :laugh:

lol! well we are all happy to hear that. For motivation, think Anniston, Jennifer anniston. I have always loved how lean her body is but i can't get with yoga - too slow for me.
  • steadybutsure
    Options
    Sherry, I have noticed that these early workuts have been giving me energy to get through my FULL days of helping my DD and her family this week. I know what you mean about "really love feeing fit and energetic".:wink:

How is that? i work out first thing in the mornings too but my muscles are shot by the time i get to work. Am all achy and tired.
  • steadybutsure
    Options
    Sherry(discovered ur name from other posts): glad to have met you too. And very impressed with how you keep up with the group. Creating this wonderful setting where we can all vent, plan, complain and support each other :). BTW, And i love the new picture!

Did my R130 WK 3 Day 5 and 30mins Zumba this morning. i was so tired. the only reason i worked out is because it was THE PLAN and i'm so sick of this weight. Anyway, that is that. tomorrow is my day off -Thank Goodness.

Talk to you all tomorrow!
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies

Sherry- Yes... I have to do that often reflect on where I've come from and not to expect too much to fast... so when in doubt.. go put on that outfit that was once really cute but tiiiiiight:sad: .. and it fits nicely now.. :happy:

NSV- are victories--- your doing something right... enjoy it.. :flowerforyou:

Ok seriously imagining that the sweat is fat melting has become shear motivation.. LOL

Today I completed
    All Fitness Blenders workouts- ( I am a fan of these workouts--no extra stuff. ( Julian gabbin- I realize I don't want to hear all that... ).lets getter doonne)

5min slim HiTT Cardio
    10min Crunchless Ab workout
    11min Kellie's Cardio Kickboxing
    5min Cool Down..Stretch..

I feel accomplished.. yay... I am back on track...Yesssss! Feeling Good

Have a good one ladies until tomorrow...
  • Galonamission81
    Galonamission81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. I just copied your workout... And I quite enjoyed it!
    Hello Ladies

Sherry- Yes... I have to do that often reflect on where I've come from and not to expect too much to fast... so when in doubt.. go put on that outfit that was once really cute but tiiiiiight:sad: .. and it fits nicely now.. :happy:

NSV- are victories--- your doing something right... enjoy it.. :flowerforyou:

Ok seriously imagining that the sweat is fat melting has become shear motivation.. LOL

Today I completed
    All Fitness Blenders workouts- ( I am a fan of these workouts--no extra stuff. ( Julian gabbin- I realize I don't want to hear all that... ).lets getter doonne)

5min slim HiTT Cardio
    10min Crunchless Ab workout
    11min Kellie's Cardio Kickboxing
    5min Cool Down..Stretch..

I feel accomplished.. yay... I am back on track...Yesssss! Feeling Good

Have a good one ladies until tomorrow...
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I too was inspired by Toni's fitness blender workout. Yesterday (3/21) I did a 20 minute barre workout from fitness blender. I definitely want to try the kickboxing.