Where are my results?

Options
acrego
acrego Posts: 84 Member
Sorry it seems like I only vent here... hope y'all don't mind.

I have been burning crazy amounts of calories almost every day for the past 2 months or more. Before that, I never in my life hit the treadmill for more than like, 15 minutes, and never this consistently. Now I keep adding more and more time, increasing speed, trying to watch what I eat, and in 2 months I have only lost about 5 pounds, and I keep gaining a pound, losing a pound, over and over.

I am having trouble sticking to my low calorie diet consistently. Even including the snacking, my calories usually stay at or under 1000, total for the day regardless of exercise. With exercise calculated, sometimes I'm net zero, or under, or over by a couple hundred maybe. The frustrating thing is, my willpower is so weak with the snacks. I don't eat them because I'm hungry, I just can't seem to stop myself! My boyfriend brings them to bed. If I had to go get them myself, I would not do it. I have enough willpower not to buy snacks, and not to get up & get them even if they are in the house. But if they are bought by someone else, then brought to me, my willpower just dissolves.

The holiday weekend was paramount to bingeing for me. Realistically, compared to average dieters, I probably did OK b/c I exercised a lot. But I ate a 1,000 calorie quiche Saturday morning, and last night it was 3 slices of pizza AND ice cream for dessert. Yesterday's net was 551, but total consumed was 1720!!!

Do I need to taze myself every time I see ice cream or pizza? Maybe I could take sominex before the food arrives & sleep through snack time. LOL!

Replies

• Sksieger
    Sksieger Posts: 63
    Options
    Sometimes it helps to try and eat a few more calories consistently when you burn so much! That way you binge less when it comes up. Try and stay a 1000 or under including workout. Sometimes eating those back help boost your metabolism. Try drinking more water as well.

Totally know how you feel though! I keep on doing the same. This has been the hardest weight loss for me in a while. I normally can loss fairly quickly.
  • cheetosandburritos
    cheetosandburritos Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You could also try alternating a high calorie and low calorie day; say, netting 500 then 1500. At the end of the week you'll average 1000, but it might help to kick start your weight loss again.
  • loriduarte
    loriduarte Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Maybe change something. My body starts to know the routine -- food and exercise -- pretty quick. I constantly have to alter foods and my exercise regimen otherwise my body adjusts too quickly and starts maintaining at that level. I have to keep it confused or I don't see results.
  • acrego
    Options
    Thanks guys.

I truly wish MFP would not announce every time I post a topic in a group. The whole reason I joined this group was to give/receive positive feedback and advice, which you all have been very kind and sincere in here. But anybody who is not a member can also read my comments in here, and reply to it on my profile. The one comment that was not from a member of VLCD told me the exact opposite: he said I was "confusing my body" and "give it something to work with".

???? NOT helpful.

My boyfriend, who is in great shape and is extremely intelligent, insists that I need to eat more. I showed him my 30 day reports on calories & exercise, and he also suggested I must eat MORE. Something about fuel, and a car running out of gas. X(

I have to change something. The reports show my exercise trending steadily upwards, now nearing 1000 calorie burn a day average, and my intake trending down, netting around 1000, but I will admit my eating is a bit erratic. I do eat lots of salads, fruits & veggies, and I do drink lots and lots of water. But the snacks get me at least a couple times a week. I'm blaming the snacks!

MAYBE, just maybe, if I make myself eat more during the day, and make sure it's only lean protein and veggies, maybe I will be able to say no to the snacks. *sigh*

Discipline!
  • cheetosandburritos
    cheetosandburritos Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    After you post here, go to your profile and hold your cursor over the notification that you just posted. A "remove" button should appear. You can remove the notification that way. I don't think there's any other way one of your non-VLCD friends would know that you posted. I know it doesn't show up in your "Recent Forum Posts" section.
  • acrego
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Haven't heard from you lately, Acrego. How is it going?
  • mjfb0000
    Options
    It is True eating more but healthy like extra turkey on your sandwich or even a glas of milk with dinner and lunch maybe cheese or cottage cheese. You have to eat back the calories you burn or your body goes into starvation mode.
  • 2gettinfit
    2gettinfit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You really should aim for 1300-1500 cal a day, your body might be going into starvation mode and hanging onto all your fat cells. Also, I had seen a wt loss Dr about my wt and was told that there is such a thing as working out too much. They told me not to do more than 45 min of cardio a day. I recently started the SHRED diet, by Dr. Ian. In two days I've already lost 2 lbs and I get to pick what I want to eat. It is worth looking into. Good luck with your weight loss, I know how stressful it can be, I've been trying for over a year now with not much success, I think I've found what I need with this new diet. I hope you find what you need.