How insanity changes your weight..

Options
groversa
groversa Posts: 450 Member
So I just got done with week two of insanity, I am loving it! But the scale has not moved at all, if anything it has gone up a couple pounds. But for the first time I feel like my body is changing, how did your journey go/how is it going with weight verses body changes?

Replies

• mag2906
    mag2906 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Watch and read this:

http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/264931839

For temporary weight gain - see post 5
  • yogi251
    yogi251 Posts: 2
    Options
    i'm on my 6th week of insanity and i've lost 14-15lbs. i'm really strict with my diet maybe only going over a day or two every other week on caloric intake. Here's a bland answer that everybody is different and you might just develop at a different rate. If the scale isn't moving but you feel like your body comp is changing that's ok. focus on how your clothes fit and how you feel. If you're still unhappy really look at your diet and make sure that is on par.
    I know using this app/program has kept me accountable
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I put on 5lbs in the first 2 weeks!
  • groversa
    Options

Lol annndd...how about after that??
  • LizRodmell
    LizRodmell Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    insanity did wonders for me. i lost 28lbs doing it.

i think the main thing people forget it to up your calories,(healthy calories that is). its s hard workout and the body needs fule get you through. or else you go into starvation mode.

also most people see the biggest results in month 2. it is more intense and you go longer.

i say stick with it and try not to focus on weight to much. a tape measure is s better indicator of how you are doing x

you can see my before and after here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/922025-my-first-round-of-insanity-results.

i love insanity so much im gonna for for round 2 next week x
  • ASecretBobby
    ASecretBobby Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am middle of week two, not a single lb off but. Keep sneaking a peek at the tape measure as I look smaller in the mirror can't wait to see the final result, I'm hooked. I do find I could cope with an extra set tho, can't wait for month two as they are longer circuits. Can't wait to feel skinny, the best feeling is I feel like I have had a bum lift
  • olivethomasart
    Options
    Very encouraging video!
    My husband made the same deduction about weight gain/no weight loss being water retention, so I took a couple days of rest and rehydration and I feel a lot slimmer in my legs and stomach. ...haven't weighed yet because I don't wanna :P but as he says during the work outs, stretching and recovery is SUPER important. It's nice to know that immediate weight loss isn't expected and it's normal not to see drop in the scale right away.
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I lost about 9lbs total over 63 days, but had no loss until about week 4.

While 9lbs isn't a lot my pictures look like 20lbs lost.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Lol annndd...how about after that??

they're still there, but i feel like my trousers fit better. will let you know when i measure after month 1!!!

to be honest the scale number doesnt bother me. i feel great, i LOVE the workouts, and i feel like i look good!!! thats all i'm bothered about!
  • CGPrincessWarrior
    CGPrincessWarrior Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I had a friend do it several months ago and she didn't lose a single pound but lost 6 dress sizes. I would take losing 6 dress sizes over a few pounds :) I'm hoping to see some movement on the scale but more than that I want my size 10s to fit me again!
  • groversa
    Options
    I had a friend do it several months ago and she didn't lose a single pound but lost 6 dress sizes. I would take losing 6 dress sizes over a few pounds :) I'm hoping to see some movement on the scale but more than that I want my size 10s to fit me again!

WOW! Well that makes me feel better! Hopefully we'll get similar outcomes! :D
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in the 2nd week of month 2 and have dropped 13 lbs so far. What I've noticed is drastic changes in my thighs and *kitten* more so than anywhere else. My lower half is significantly leaner and my thigh muscles have really firmed up. I've taken pics every 2 weeks but since they're from the waist up, I don't think they really do my progress justice since most of changes have been from the waist down. I'm now able to fit into pants that I haven't been able to wear in over 3 years due to how much my lower half has slimmed down (for a dude, I usually have quite the bubble butt).

5 years ago when I did P90X, I noticed that the changes first occurred on my lower half back then as well. Once my legs/*kitten* really slimmed down and firmed up, then drastic changes started happening to my upper half (face, gut, chest). I'm hoping that will be the case again with Insanity this time.

I've also noticed that during Month 2 it is harder for me to get my heart rate up to where it was during the Month 1 workouts. I'm definitely working harder in Month 2 but I can tell that my body and heart are in better shape than in Month 1. My legs muscles are what make me need a break now instead of a thumping heart rate and being out of breath. I'm starting to feel like a BEAST!!!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to feel like a BEAST!!!

Steady on tiger :laugh: :laugh:
  • isjoyous
    isjoyous Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I bought a size 4 slim fitting skirt. I'm using it as my goal, cause i always weigh heavy and gain muscle fast. So when its fitting without being skin tight, Ill know I'm on the right track
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I only lost a total of 11lbs doing Insanity but my body looks like I lost 20. My clothes fit great and the scale really doesn't represent the changes! Measure yourself and take photos!
  • wheelsjad
    wheelsjad Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Here is how my weight changed during insanity (12-24-12 thru 2-27-13 was the program)

12/24/2012 205
    1/2/2013 198
    1/7/2013 197
    1/9/2013 194.4
    1/15/2013 192.5
    1/22/2013 192
    1/28/2013 190.5
    2/1/2013 189.2
    2/12/2013 187.4
    2/13/2013 186.3
    2/27/2013 185.4
    3/6/2013 184
    3/22/2013 183
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    I am on weight maintenance and so far since starting Insanity I have lost 4.5 lbs in the last 3 weeks. My goal with Insanity was to increase my level of fitness and not to lose any weight.