Jillian Michaels Challenge buddies!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't get to do my Jillian Michaels DVD last night because the NCAA March Madness tournament has completely taken over our TV for the next couple of weeks! The joys of marrying a sports fanatic :)

But, I did a 10 minute ab trainer video I found online last night and tonight I will continue level 1 of 30DS!!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Ha ha Ruzickla. My TV was playing a recorded hockey game last night.

I just completed JM Boost Metabolism DVD. O-M-G Good job my little guy is at school because I was swearing a blue streak throughout the routine. Holy that is a hard workout. But I did it, I hurt so now I'm going to go take a shower and I can eat yummy food and drink wine at our friends tonight.
  • Clcleeds2012
    Options
    Hi all! I just did day 2, Level one of 30 Day Shred. Ouch. This is the first time I've done a fitness DVD and I'm finding it easy to follow but hard work to do. I'm looking for 30 day Shred buddies to keep me going and vice versa.
  • JennyJoy1437
    Options
    Done!

It honestly felt like I was trying to convince myself to climb Mt. Washington to work up the motivation to workout tonight but I did it and I feel goood! So good I'm going to find another video to do, maybe a walking or some type of low impact dance type aerobics.

My arms still hurt and my thighs are still sore but I'm feeling more and more confident each time I work through the burn :)
  • MrsScheidt
    Options
    Took my dog son to the dog park today!! Played around with him, walked around Target with my fiancee and getting ready to do level 1 30 DS!
  • aperradise
    aperradise Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    days 4 & 5 of 30DS done!!
  • JennyJoy1437
    Options
    Went hiking through woods for an hour today with my son, ran intervals up/down hills. MFP says I burned 840 cals from that, but it was just fun and so nice to be out side!

Didn't have time to do 30 DS yesterday but holding myself so true to this challenge so I bumped myself up today to complete her whole 55 min long metabolism fat burner, wasn't sure I could finish but...

I DID IT!!!

I am literally sweating. About 30ish mins in I almost gave up, but I didn't! I skipped a rep here or there (as in out if 30sec - 1 min of each move I'd take a 10 second break) but I just kept pushing! I feel like I could take on the world right now! I'm going to do this one on the weekends in addition to my daily 30 day shred. It was much more aerobic, HIIT, explosive jumps and squats but you just feel such a rush after each circuit is done. And it's so manageable cause each move is on 30-60 secs so you can mentally push yourself to go through each one.

ENDORPHINS!

How will I ever sleep now?!
  • hmorrish
    hmorrish Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the group. I've completed the 30 day shred and am now onto Ripped in 30. I quite liked 30 day shred but am finding Ripped in 30 much harder. I'm onto day 5 of week 2 and still really struggle.

Its nice to have some other people to motivate you to carry on. I'm not managing to do much other exercise, i have a 22 month old so spend a lot of time running after her.
  • chelsiem87
    chelsiem87 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Alrighty fellow spring-get-fit buddies.... This chick is starting Jillian MIchaels ripped in 30 starting April 1st. I will still be doing other workouts before then, but I just wanted to see if anyone has any tips or advice (preferably motivating.. lol) for me. C25K is being postponed for me until the weather gets nicer outside, I think that will be the best option for me.
  • MrsScheidt
    Options
    20-30 minute walk at lunch today followed by Jillian Michaels 30DS level 1 tonight.
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    ok day 4 of 30ds done this morning, i really can't wait for level2 though:smile:
  • jen2swt
    jen2swt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I need to incorporate something else in place of the forward lunges...anyone have any ideas?
  • emblu
    Options
    is your knee still hurting? seriously hunni rest, ice, compress and get some anti-inflammitries too, its gonna take so much longer to heal if you don't and you'll get even more frustrated and angry with yourself (trust me on this, i've spent so much time pushing myself injured just to make matters worse)

ok day 6 of ds complete and am knackered. was a long, cold day at work, with a lot of spinning to pass the time. so wasn't feeling the shred tonight but am in need of my bed lol
  • emblu
    Options
    ok had the weekend off but did do a lot of dancing instead lol
    day 7 complete and a luvly but gentle bike ride in the peak is on the cards today:smile:
  • chelsiem87
    chelsiem87 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I started the JM ripped in 30 today. I can't wait to keep going. Such a good workout.. hard but man you feel soo good afterwards! :smile:
  • emblu
    Options
    day 8 complete....ooo such a lazy day too. better getting me muddy trainers on for a run tomorrow:smile:
  • jen2swt
    jen2swt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    is your knee still hurting? seriously hunni rest, ice, compress and get some anti-inflammitries too, its gonna take so much longer to heal if you don't and you'll get even more frustrated and angry with yourself (trust me on this, i've spent so much time pushing myself injured just to make matters worse)

ok day 6 of ds complete and am knackered. was a long, cold day at work, with a lot of spinning to pass the time. so wasn't feeling the shred tonight but am in need of my bed lol

It is still hurting. I'm icing it, hot compress, Arnicare'in it...lol. I'm taking it slow and modifying 30DS to what I can do. More upper body stuff than lower. More crunches too
  • emblu
    Options
    glad to hear you're taking it easy on your knee hunni, it'll pay off in the end :smile:
    ok i have a cold grrrr so couldn't do both 30ds and rugby last night, so just went to rugby and ran round like a complete loonbag:laugh:
    Have finally started level 2 today....its not fun when you feel like poo but do feel better for having done it
    not enjoying the back clicking while i lower n raise my legs but will get a cushion and adjust the move slightly (dodgy spine from a combo of;having a kid, rugby n car accident)
  • SILVERWOLF93
    SILVERWOLF93 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

It is still hurting. I'm icing it, hot compress, Arnicare'in it...lol. I'm taking it slow and modifying 30DS to what I can do. More upper body stuff than lower. More crunches too

if you want you could try not going as low, or just do some side bends with a weight, i find that i always feel a little sore after i do them. and its not too intense. :-D