What are you really focusing on most?

Options
Suzmp85
Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
I've been struggling with binge eating for the past 2 years. 2012 was really bad and out of control and gained back half of my weight because of emotional binging. When the new year came around, I was more determined then ever to recover, even if it meant focusing on more my recovery then on weight loss goals itself. Since the new year, I have had maybe at least a dozen binges..which is good, because I remember having that much in a month. So my question, are you focusing more on recovery and/or healthy choices and weight loss..or all the above? Mine as stated before--mine is more on recovery, though I do try to make better choices and maintain losing weight again.

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I am focussing on how much it messes up every aspect of my life when I do binge, which is keeping me steady for now. I am also allowing myself to experience hunger so I do not fear it. I am trying to reduce my anxiety, as I am by nature a very mentally active person and that causes issues if it has no outlet. I do not go near the scale that often now, though I am trying to lose a little weight. I just try and focus on eating as healthfully as I can, and working out daily, so that I know in my mind I am doing all I can. I allow some less healthy things as well, an almost daily treat for me is a soya latte after I workout. It works for me as I tend to eat most of my food in the evening and workout fasted.

I am not really focussing in recovery or on weight loss. I am just focussing on trying to relax and live my life while I still have a life to live. Planning things to add to my days, to keep me busy, trying to learn to like myself a little more as self loathing is not very condusive to looking after yourself by not binging.
  • WillowBreeze
    Options
    I'm focused mostly on recovery. I am trying to not only stop binging and purging but consistently eat healthily, both in food choices and amounts, as well as consistency in my workouts. I want to be an overall, well rounded healthy being. I'm also crossing my fingers and finding motivation to do so because I WANT that scale to go back down just a little.