My A1C

Options
2»

Replies

• robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hi Walkswithart, the answer to your question ref meds is thanfully no. Although I'm prone to falling off the waggon I control blood sugars and chol simply by diet and exercise. We tend to focus on food freshly prepared from natural ingredients and try to meet my targets for Sat Fat. I also tweaked my macro targets so that my focus is more on protein than fats.
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Good for you, keep it up!!
  • Aussielooser
    Aussielooser Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!
  • Aussielooser
    Aussielooser Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to give an update on my latest A1c test results which I got yesterday. The encouraging news is that the test showed 36.6 mmol/l which is between 5.4 and 5.5. This was down from the previous result of 37.7 mmol/l which is between 5.5 and 5.6. The testsho wed that my blood lipids were all within the optimum range which came as a welcome suprise. My blood pressure was slightly up at 142/80 which was hardly suprising given the pace of life at the moment. I much to thank God for and greatly appreciate all the help and support from all my MFP friends. The mutual encouragement in this group is quite unique and is something we all value.

Great work Robert!
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    The doctor's office called yesterday with great news. My A1C test came in at 6.9! First time in 7 or 8 years! Yea.
    Betty

That is awesome news! Keep up the good work!
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to give an update on my latest A1c test results which I got yesterday. The encouraging news is that the test showed 36.6 mmol/l which is between 5.4 and 5.5. This was down from the previous result of 37.7 mmol/l which is between 5.5 and 5.6. The testsho wed that my blood lipids were all within the optimum range which came as a welcome suprise. My blood pressure was slightly up at 142/80 which was hardly suprising given the pace of life at the moment. I much to thank God for and greatly appreciate all the help and support from all my MFP friends. The mutual encouragement in this group is quite unique and is something we all value.

That is wonderful news too! Great job on your excellent control of your diabetes!
  • pmcbrady
    pmcbrady Posts: 31
    Options
    Yay for you! It's always nice to show positive progress.:smile:
  • allensachers
    allensachers Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My A1C started at 10.1, I got it down to 6.9 in November and had blood drawn last Monday and am back up to 7.4. Needless to say my doctor called and I was in his office on Friday. Had to admit to him that I had lost focus, but am working to get back on track. The good news was my blood pressure was good and the rest of my bloodwork indicated no new problems. I really am trying to take it one day at a time, tracking my food and just begiinning to make small exercise goals. Wish me luck....
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    My A1C started at 10.1, I got it down to 6.9 in November and had blood drawn last Monday and am back up to 7.4. Needless to say my doctor called and I was in his office on Friday. Had to admit to him that I had lost focus, but am working to get back on track. The good news was my blood pressure was good and the rest of my bloodwork indicated no new problems. I really am trying to take it one day at a time, tracking my food and just begiinning to make small exercise goals. Wish me luck....

You'll get your number back down now that you're getting back on track. I know I've done the same...worked hard then slipped up a bit. It happens but it sounds like you're determined to work on it. I do wish you luck and lower numbers!