Weekend WFPB Updates

kmcosgrove115
kmcosgrove115 Posts: 260 Member
Hi all -

My daughter had a bday party at a moon bounce place - we skipped on the food and had no problem turning it down. My other half is a PhD - a psychologist who has been in practice for 30 yrs. He went WFPB with me almost 2 months ago and of course has patients who are overweight or pre diabetic or depressed and he mentions the FOK movie, those who switched not only are dropping weight but have felt the best ever in their lives - one guy had this weird inflammation in his hands, like carpal tunnel, despite his job NOT being typing and within 1 week, we believe it to have been inflammation from old ways of eating, the swelling had gone - he said to my other half in session that it just disappeared and we swear it is linked to this lifestyle. Every patient on this is just doing amazing with so many health benefits.

Anyway, we have thought, my other half more then me that the health benefits of this diet is something we feel almost morally obligated to speak of - he is a PhD therapist and we ran into a personal fitness instructor at the bday also with a PhD who is CUT like no one's business - we spoke for an hour reg vegan, raw food, plant based, his training and he asked if we had a group here - told him about MFP and the group we started but many were scattered across the country so alot is online - this again sparked something in my other half that we should do something, hold workshops on what we learned from experience and research, pepper in his psychology from being a therapist, put in the fitness guy, add a Dr. maybe, cardiologist, etc - I could speak of the food we like and have made, tips on shopping at the store, reading labels, info on B12, etc.

We swear his patients who tried this and are doing so well would come and we could have a live support group in person. And so many are obese or pre-diabetic - so we are now rethinking this idea of holding weekly in person workshops for support, recipes, health updates, speakers on WFPB, etc.

We could actually teach this lifestyle, the health benefits AND help people to really get healthy and LIVE!

How are your weekends? Any updates or recipes or news to share?

Kristen

Replies

• mocatinho
    mocatinho Posts: 65
    I still haven't watched the movie, however I do have the book and have started reading it. Truthfully I kinda just stumbled into wanting to try plant based. I am finally showing up for my life after years of eating and I want to make healthy changes. I have organic produce delivered to my house and crazy as it is it's saving me money because I'm not tempted at the food store. I tend to go out alot with friends and family and that's where I struggle. I just haven't figured it all out yet. Baby steps for me in this dept.
  • SkinneyGirl28
    SkinneyGirl28 Posts: 145 Member
    I was looking for a place to post this and I think it will be ok here.
    I just attended a couple seminars by Dr. Hans Diehl, founder of the CHIP (Complete Health Improvement Program) program, and he said that to leave alone anything that has a nutrition label (manufactured foods), or a safety label (Animal flesh). If it has a face or a mother do not eat. In other words for optimal health, eat freely of frutis, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and a few nuts. He also said it was best to get there gradually. I tell you, I'm changing my diet!
    My DH and I purchase some of the processed foods that are vegan, for quick meals.
    Dr Hans Diehl says that his wife fixes meals in 20 minutes.
    If you get a chance to attend a CHIP program, Please do and invite all interested people in your area to attend. I don't know, but they may have a group rate or something!

NeelieDeer :happy:
  • kmcosgrove115
    kmcosgrove115 Posts: 260 Member
    Good info - thanks SkinnyGirl!