breakfast ideas

Options
ddiestler
ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
Hi,
I cannot eat eggs..what are some other low carb breakfast ideas.

Thanks

Replies

• Circapaleo
    Circapaleo Posts: 114
    Options
    I sometimes have a stir-fry...meat and veggies
    Hash made of sausage and combine with chopped veggies
    Deli meat and cheese
    Protein smoothie
    Anything I have for lunch or dinner
  • Circapaleo
    Circapaleo Posts: 114
    Options
    Oh...and occasionally "banana nut muffins" made with almond flour and flavored with banana extract.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese pancakes, muffin in a minute (flaxseed muffin) and flaxseed pancakes. You can use sugar free syrup. It is DELISH and it has about 1 net carb. I downloaded an app called Spark Recipes. I typed "low carb" in the search box and it pulled up a ton of low carb recipes. I saved the ones I liked in my favorites so I can go back to them when I am ready. The app is free.

I also make cloud bread so I can make a sandwich whenever I am lazy. It only has 1 net carb for 2 slices!
  • sunryse00
    sunryse00 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I make french toast using the one minute muffin made in a square container, cut it in half so you have two slices, dip it a mixture of egg and cream or almond milk, fry in butter and serve with SF syrup.

There's a fantastic pancake recipe on http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/ using almond flour (I make my own using almonds and my food processor)

One of my favorite breakfasts is the hot cereal in the Fat Fast cookbook by Dana Carpender.
  • daddybyday
    Options
    Someone once asked me why breakfast has to be different from any other meal? It made sense to me, so sometimes I'll have meat and a salad for breakfast, sometimes I'll have an omelette for lunch.

Bottom line is, have whatever low-carb fare you like for breakfast! :wink:

And, if you're in a hurry, have a cup of bulletproof coffee to tide you over until you get a mid-morning snack!!!!!

Peace,

Tom
  • Kate1217
    Kate1217 Posts: 13
    Options
    Smoked salmon with cream cheese on a cucumber slice, yum!
  • sunryse00
    sunryse00 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon with cream cheese on a cucumber slice, yum!

Now that sounds delicious.
  • danni_l
    danni_l Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Someone once asked me why breakfast has to be different from any other meal? It made sense to me, so sometimes I'll have meat and a salad for breakfast, sometimes I'll have an omelette for lunch.

Totally agree with this, its such a western thing - cereal or eggs for breakfast! I loved it in Thailand as they eat all sorts of noodles and soups (none of them low carb though!!!). I think its important to eat something that sets you up for the day - but it doesnt have to be "breakfasty" I sometimes have dinner leftovers - delicious :)
  • kimmykimmy77
    kimmykimmy77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Atkin's chocolate shake.
  • Mrc1974
    Mrc1974 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump :) great ideas all
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from lunches or dinners, protein shake, cottage cheese, almonds, TVP oatmeal, and whatever else that's in my fridge or cupboards that's low carb. :-)
  • Malcah1
    Malcah1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Salmon and creamed cheese! Yum
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Anything that you can stomach that you consider to be on your plan. Think outside of the typical breakfast foods we've been raised to think we must eat in the morning. I like to have a bulletproof coffee first thing in the morning (coffee w/ kerrygold unsalted butter and coconut oil) fills me up for hours until I'm ready to eat. You could have bacon, low carb toast with sugar free jam, protein pancakes, a fat bomb.