March 25, 2013

FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
l_4d3170c0-3355-11e2-90e4-891eb6900012.jpg

Replies

• JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    That is a great poster for today because that is exactly how I feel! I started week 3 of c25k. I realized that I was covering about 2.3 miles with the program and I wanted to cover the whole 5K.... so I mapped in out on mapmyrun.com. Today, the podcast ended and I was still a little ways from the end, so I ran a little extra to get to the end. I felt so great! I think I will do that the whole time. My shins are not hurting that much anymore and I make sure to ice and stretch a lot. It has gotten a lot better!

Well, going in for my first day at my new job! it is just a partial day... might go on a walk when I get home with the dog.

Have a great one!
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Did P90X Shoulders & Arms this morning. Used 5 and 10 pound dumbbells where resistance required.

Jessica: good thing that your shins are not bothering you. Have a great first day on the job, too!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Jessica, way to hit it today! Glad to hear the shins are doing better. Good luck on the first day on the job!!!

Pam, way to go with P90x! I've tried to talk my husband into getting it because he likes to do pull-ups (and I'd like to try it too...but I can't even LOOK at a pull-up bar yet....someday). But hubby seems happy with doing his own thing.

---

Okay, so...I can NOT "do" choreography!!! I had to stop the Billy Blanks Jr hip hop bollywood just a couple of minutes into it. I couldn't get a workout, because my mind couldn't wrap around the moves. (I'm a little "derp" sometimes.) Then, I found "BellyTwins Bollywood Blast1 " on youtube and she held my hand like a little girl and walked me through each step, so I managed to finish it. Afterwards, I realized that I think I put the wrong Billy Blanks Jr Bollywood Belly Dance hip hop workout in my plan....yes, there's more than one!!!! hahahaha!!!!

Before that, I did "Fat-Burning Cardio Workout: BeFit in 90" which was all aerobic, ~10min with no breaks, so not bad, but I found the lady annoying. I also did "Fitness Blender Standing Abs Exercises - 10 Minute Standing Abs Workout", which seemed to work my shoulders, hips, thighs, but not my abs.

Overall, my workout was "meh" today...which IS NOT good enough!! I want to take it up a notch this week...so I'm going to have to do better tomorrow!
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Jessica - half day on ur firstday is perfect. Slowly ease into things.
    Sherry - maybe we should stick to bollywood 101 lol! But i think as long as u r moving thats all that counts for these dance workouts. I do know it feels more fun when u r doing the moves with the video.

Well, am not too proud of today either lol! I think am subconciously mad at Jillian and RI30(blame someone else right?). I am disappointed at the lack of results over the last 3weeks that this morning i did not think she deserved my sweat. So yes, i didn't start my RI30 wk 4 workout as planned. I ended up doing Zumba but i couldnt put in 100% either and i only had 30mins. I ended up doing 25mins of mediocre zumba. I'm praying to start tomorrow with a better attitude. Geezzz!

Oh since i now know 2 first names, i might as well introduce myself. I'm Loveth from the east coast. See u all later tonight or tmrw morning.
  • FromHereOnOut
    I think am subconciously mad at Jillian and RI30(blame someone else right?). I am disappointed at the lack of results over the last 3weeks that this morning i did not think she deserved my sweat. So yes, i didn't start my RI30 wk 4 workout as planned.

Hi Loveth!!! I know EXACTLY what you mean! I did 30DS in Jan and RI30 in Feb and went through a mini-crisis in mid-Feb when I wasn't getting results. Thankfully I "kept it together" and kept going. I started seeing my body changing much more from about week4 and especially AFTER I finished RI30. I've heard people say that they get more results AFTER completing a program. Theories include, that the muscles are retaining so much water that you are both heavy and "puffy" and that after you finish, the muscles release the water and suddenly you see it on the scale & tape measure. But also, around week 3, I started upping my calories, since probably I wasn't eating enough to fuel my workouts. It's hard for me to say which of these things really kickstarted results for me....but the important thing is that I KEPT GOING. Just KEEP GOING, because eventually something will shift and you'll see results, but not if you quit. Don't let an overanalyzing mind sabotage the body. At least that's what I try to tell myself. BESIDES, you made it through wk2 & 3...you have to do week4...it's sooOOoo much better than the past 2 weeks--trust me. :)
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Today was a semi-rest day. I did an hour of yoga at the studio. Tomorrow I begin C25K W3D1. Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    I started seeing my body changing much more from about week4 and especially AFTER I finished RI30. I've heard people say that they get more results AFTER completing a program. Theories include, that the muscles are retaining so much water that you are both heavy and "puffy" and that after you finish, the muscles release the water and suddenly you see it on the scale & tape measure. BESIDES, you made it through wk2 & 3...you have to do week4...it's sooOOoo much better than the past 2 weeks--trust me. :)
    arrrggghhh! After reading this i definitely have to finish the dvd or i'll always wonder what if? Well, thanks sherry for the pickup. I have already uped my calories. i did early last week and i redid my TDEE so am currently eating 1400cals
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    I did more swimming and elliptical work today. Not sure what I will get done tomorrow before we check out. Hoping to get something in before I have to sit behind the wheel for hours.
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Hello Ladies..

I was super ambitious yesterday.. and I'm super sore today.. I did not do cardio today but stretching..

FB- Pilates Abs/Obliques workout -26min

I felt good needed the stretching... but it's not like cardio

I plan on attacking the 1000 workout in the morning- ( cross your fingers for me)

Talk to you then..
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    I'm posting late because well.. I'm an idiot sometimes and FORGOT to post. *gasp*... nearing 40 does that I guess :(

Mon 25Mar: This was my C25K day.. week2 day3 - I am doing this on the treadmill in the basement so I can get used to what 4mph feels like. I am a numbers/"have to see it" kind of person. It helps to know I am steadily running, etc. I slowed down a bit, as W2D2 I was gasping after pushing my run speed to 4.5. I knew in week 3 there was no way I'd make it 3mins @ 4.5mph lol.