Introduction

Options
This group is created for those who are using the Insantiy program and is serious about changing your body in 60 days!

We are starting March 25, 2013 through May 25, 2013. Don't worry, if you're getting to this late, you can still start! We're not too far into it that you'll fall behind :smile:

So welcome! Please.... introduce yourself

Replies

• Oneday150
    Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Francine, I am 5'5 with a CW 160 hopefully Insanity will help me get to my goal of 150. I started last night with the Fit Test. I need all the motivation and support.
  • HerveDeSuza
    HerveDeSuza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.. I'm interested .. I have lost 10 kilos already since last october, and now I want to loose another 10. So how does this work?
  • MzTye14
    MzTye14 Posts: 30
    Options
    Welcome Francine and Mojito_Moreno! Thanks for joining in the challenge! I'm excited too and need ALL the support I can use!

My name is Tye, and so far I've lost 12lbs but I have been on this rollercoaster for years! Its time to get my butt busy and serious! I started last night too... I'll write in my fitness test results later on tonight (don't have the sheet with me right now).

Mojito_Moreno.... do you have the Insantiy workout DVDs? We are working out with the DVDs (or if you're doing it with a class, thats good too) and taking the 60 day challenge together.

We'll support each other, encourage and track our progress through the 60 days because from what I hear.... its one of the hardest workouts ever! And judging from the Fit Test... OMG! And that was just the fit test, lol

Feel free to post topics related to the challenge :smile:
  • Vermm49
    Vermm49 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing my fit test on Mar. 27 :) Excited to get this journey started.
  • booloomom
    Options
    So excited that I found this board. I too start the Fit Test last night. Boy did I feel like such a loser after writing those numbers down. All I can say is it can only get better. I'm looking to lose 20-25 pounds. I'm current 5'4" and weight 145 pounds. All of my weight is concentrated in my stomach, hips, butt and thighs.

Has anyone purchased a heart rate monitor to start the challenge? I am such a numbers person so I have the spreadsheets set up with calories taken in and goals but need a way to record calories from the exercises. Didn't know if anyone had a specific one they could recommend.
  • Megan10coehick
    Options
    Hello! My name is Megan. I am 5'2 and 152lbs. I started Insanity yesterday and it was DIFFICULT. I am a smoker also... Been trying to quit for over a month now and i got a lil over a week and then pick it back up. UGH. so hard to stop.

I attempted the fit test yesterday morning and couldn't finish the whole thing! I did the warm ups and the 1st 3 exercises and I couldn't breath and felt like i was going to die! When my husband got home... He was trying to tell me he could do any workout video in his sleep... (he is 5'3 and 120lbs and ALL muscle) short and skinny, i know. so i challenged him... (hes a smoker also)... So we restarted the video that evening and he only got like 5 mins in before he had to stop! I was so happy to prove him wrong! But i got to finish the rest of the exercises i didn't do earlier in the day. Im stoked to keep doing the workouts... and hope to get results! I hope everyone gets the results they are looking for!
  • JessicaAnhalt
    Options
    Hi Everyone, my Name is Jessica. I am 5'6, 264lbs. I am currently "shredding for the wedding" and hoping to gain a new mindset and lifestyle to a path of better health. My weightloss "mini" goal is 26lbs, I am going for my 10% (as weight watchers calls it.) My sister and brother in law gave me the insanity DVD and I was going strong for about a week and fell off the band wagon. I AM going to push through this time, and I also will be doing my fit test this week!

LETS HELP EACH OTHER!!! Motivation is key. Good luck everyone.
  • ValInShape
    ValInShape Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Valerie and I actually started the 60-Day Challenge on March 18, 2013 and everything is going great so far! Because my friend bought the program and is sharing it with me, I won't be able to earn my t-shirt but the results are going to be great!

Here's to a healthier version of ourselves in 60 days and don't give up!
  • beeb66
    beeb66 Posts: 17
    Options
    Ugh where'd my post go?
    Anywho, can I join you all? I started insanity on March 18 so I'm now on week 2! I love it! I thought I was going to die the fit test. I have seen a big improvement since then.
    Did pure cardio today and did great!

I'm starting at 153 and I'm about 5'2ish :)

Let's go!
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone ... WAVES

I am doing Insanity, got a bit of a head start *winks*. I started on March 9th (which isn't a Monday, so I have Friday off instead of Sunday). Just did fit test 2 over the weekend.
  • MzTye14
    Options
    Hi Vermm49, welcome to the group! Glad to have you on board!
  • MzTye14
    Options
    Hey Booloomom! Yes, that fit test was no joke, lol. I don't have a heart rate monitor either but I've been thinking about purchasing one... not sure what to get since there are so many out there. It'll be nice to see how much I am burning so I can be able to write it down on MFP as well.

Welcome to the challenge! Let's Rock!
  • MzTye14
    Options
    Hey Megan! LOL... I thought I was gonna die too! My son kept cheering me on and telling me "You Can Do This Mommy!" So that gave me some motivation:laugh: I couldn't show him that I was a quiter.... but trust me, I wanted to turn the TV off and crawl under a rock! Its good if your husband is joining you... nice to have a support system.

Glad you got to finish the exercises.... keep up the good work and WELCOME!!!
  • MzTye14
    Options
    Hi Jessica.... Congrats on the upcoming wedding! And welcome to the challenge! YOU CAN DO THIS..... WE CAN DO THIS!! That's what this group is all about.... supporting and helping each other through the next 60 days! Good Luck to you as well!!
  • MzTye14
    Options
    Hi Beeb66! Welcome to the challenge! Great to have you on board :smile:
  • MzTye14
    Options
    Hey randrews0407.... Welcome to the challenge! And congrats on your progress so far! Keep up the good work! WooHoo!!!!!
  • MzTye14
    Options
    Hi Valerie. Welcome to the challenge! So glad you are joining us! Its so encouraging to hear that its working out for you! Cheers!! Here's to never giving up!! :smile:
  • lbransford
    lbransford Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Lindsay and I am looking to be held accountable through motivation by joining this group. I am 5'0" and currently weigh 155....major drag since I have gained 25 pounds over the last year due to throwing nutrition and healthy eating habits out the window along with avoiding the gym. I have tried to start Insanity in the past and have given up within a few days.

Tonight I will do the fit test....

Thank you for starting this group!!
  • lesliescrazy
    Options
    Hey there everyone! I just started yesterday too! Hoping to see as awesome results as my friend (who just finished the first 30) has. It will help to hear other peoples progress! Here we go!
  • ndrec
    ndrec Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hi! i'm in my fourth week now. started with 85 kg and lost 1 kg only, but my measurements are slowly changing. first week was hell: i felt dizzy and sore so much that i had trouble sitting :D
    second week is a lot easier, no more soreness, just plain old sweating every day.
    i'm very strict with dieting - eating about 1800 cals of only fruit, vegetables and lean meat and take protein shakes after workouts.
    important: don't expect to lose lots of weight in the first month, magic happens in the second month.