Whole30 for April

Options
ksellen1
ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
Is anyone else doing a Whole30 in April?

Replies

• sataylor24
    sataylor24 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I will join you
  • kmdavis1105
    kmdavis1105 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Because of a move the last week of April, I am starting Whole 30 next week, but will be doing it through most of April.

Feel free to add me!
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    yup i am doing it for the whole month of April. I have been close but i haven't actually committed to one. I want to do it accordingly including not weighing.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not starting until 4/15
  • jordanna1979
    jordanna1979 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wanted to do one after Easter so I'm in :)
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are starting in April as well. I have to travel for a week or two right in the middle of the month, so will do the best I can while on the road, but may end up having to restart when I return. I'm really looking forward to it!
  • Marmelg
    Marmelg Posts: 8
    Options
    I am starting one today but will continue for most of April, so I am in!
  • dfroehlich
    Options
    I'm in! I recently checked out "It Starts with Food" from my library and have since been reading up on everything I can find about Whole30. Excited to get started.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm on the edge of committing and could use support and friends!
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to. I have a massive Passover fail last night. I am also up a few pounds on the scale and I can tell my belly is a bit bigger from all the crap I've been eating lately. I really need a kick in the pants.
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My whole30 ends april 22! So I'm basically in!
  • dmauder
    dmauder Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in for April. I'll be out of town on business the first week of April, so that will be a bit of a challenge. I've been reading up on the Whole9 forums about "compliant" choices as various restaurant chains.

Did ya'll know about the hidden menu at Panera? Check it out - http://mypanera.panerabread.com/articlestips/article/access-into-paneras-hidden-menu/

Why the heck would they not advertise that?!?!?

Anyway, are most of you planning to actually log your food every day here on MFP? According to Whole30, you're not supposed to track food or weigh yourself.
  • tigger9759
    tigger9759 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ooh I'm tempted but terrified of committing! I'll look into it a little more and see if I think it's realistic...
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    I'm in for April. I'll be out of town on business the first week of April, so that will be a bit of a challenge. I've been reading up on the Whole9 forums about "compliant" choices as various restaurant chains.

Did ya'll know about the hidden menu at Panera? Check it out - http://mypanera.panerabread.com/articlestips/article/access-into-paneras-hidden-menu/

Why the heck would they not advertise that?!?!?

Anyway, are most of you planning to actually log your food every day here on MFP? According to Whole30, you're not supposed to track food or weigh yourself.

As it will be my fourth Whole30 and I'm curious about some numbers, I will be logging, but if it's your first, I wouldn't recommend it.
  • Maasmondy
    Maasmondy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'll be finishing mine up on April 2nd, but will most likely continue on through April into May! I don't log my food, but if anyone needs support let me know!
  • mistyblue182
    mistyblue182 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to try it, I just decided this week though and am just now looking up recipes and resources. Do I have to have the book? I don't want to spend the $40, and our library has a waiting list. If anyone has any great resources I'd appreciate it!
  • allisshiney
    allisshiney Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up to start on the 1st. Add me please!
  • ksellen1
    ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to try it, I just decided this week though and am just now looking up recipes and resources. Do I have to have the book? I don't want to spend the $40, and our library has a waiting list. If anyone has any great resources I'd appreciate it!

You don't HAVE to have the book, it's just helpful. There are a ton of free tools on the website you can use.
  • SnicciFit
    Options

You don't HAVE to have the book, it's just helpful. There are a ton of free tools on the website you can use.

$40?! You can get It Starts With Food on Amazon for $17. But, no it's necessary. It is very helpful though!

http://www.amazon.com/Starts-Food-Discover-Whole30-Unexpected/dp/1936608898/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1364588261&sr=1-1&keywords=it+starts+with+food
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a "clean 30" through my gym. It's basically the same but they're saying "only dairy if you really have to". So I'm in.