Intermittent Fasting

Options
atlien78
atlien78 Posts: 11 Member
Hello! Thank you for starting this group!
I would like to get your thoughts on intermittent fasting. I am currently following this eating plan. It is working for me. An eating plan such as this goes against the general consensus when it comes to "dieting" (This is an eating plan not really a diet). In an effort to gather as much information and to be objective, I would like to hear your thoughts on the matter if you have any! Thanks again!

Replies

• FoodandFitness
    FoodandFitness Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting is not a "diet" , it is a strategy that you can use in your nutrition plan. Intermittent fasting works because research shows that meal frequency or timing doesn't matter when it comes to fat loss.

You can eat as often or as infrequent as you wish. Make your intermittent fasting strategy work for you.

For example, I used this strategy last summer to cut 20 lbs. I skipped breakfast so I could eat more for lunch and dinner and I never felt deprived.

At the end of the day, like all nutrition plans, it comes down to creating and maintaining a deficit in a way that is manageable in your life and something you can sustain forever.
  • atlien78
    atlien78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your thoughts and the quick response!