fustrated, please advise re:30 day shred

Options
EV1108
EV1108 Posts: 13 Member
Hello

Ok so Ive been for almost a month doing the 30 day shred but have not been consistent with it.. Seems like something is always coming up. First I got sick and then my kids got sick. So there have been days that go by and I'm not doing the 30 day shred.

I have been able to sort of work my way up to level 3. I am seeing some results but Im not seeing the results that thought I would. Should I start back from the beginning?

Thanks

Replies

• Salisburah
    Salisburah Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Id finished this round & perhaps do it again from the start?? I did the full 30 days & didn't see the results I wanted numbers wise. Only 1kg down but I'm a lot fitter then I was at the start. I'm now one week into Insanity & have had better results in one week then I had in the full 30 days of 30DS (but without 30DS I wouldnt be able to manage doing Insanity). Having said that the friend that was doing it with me lost 6kgs (around 14lbs), it worked REALLY well for her (as it has for a lot of other people I know) She was eating 1600ish calories & only doing it 5 days a week :smile:
  • Zilla100
    Zilla100 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The consensus on 30DS seems to be that this program isn't so much going to result in weightloss on its own (the cardio doesn't add up to all that much when you look at it over a week, even if it is done every day) but this is more of a musclebuilding/toning and tightening DVD..you will burn fat though. Nearly everyone is saying that their primary results come in the form of lost inches, I have noticed that too and in that respect, it is very effective.

For increased weight loss, you really have to add in another form of cardio a few times a week and be scrupulous about what you are eating. If you aren't doing extra cardio with this program, then your diet really has to be on target to make strides with weightloss.
  • AddyMaeMomma
    AddyMaeMomma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Agree with what others have to say. The inches melted off me during 30DS, the scale moved a bit, but not much. I'm doing Ripped In 30 now (just finished day 3 of level 2) and I'm not seeing the same results, but maybe it was because 30DS was my first consistent exersize in FOREVER and now my body's just used to it. My stomach is getting flatter, though, so hurray!

I do hope you finish 30DS and I hope you're happy with your results. If not, and if I were in your shoes, I would start back over.
  • hlj4773
    hlj4773 Posts: 9
    Options
    I tried to stick with the 30 day shred and just couldn't. Busy lives so it was impossible for me to get past day 15. If you can find time to exercise and eat smart the weight will come off.