March 27th

Options
Level 3 Day 6 done and I swear this is getting harder?! Or perhaps I'm just ready for a rest? These past 2 days I've felt lower in energy but I am due a day off on Sunday as I'll be away so maybe that will do me good.

Hope it's getting easier for everyone else? Regardless of that, you're all pushing along and heading in the right direction! :smile:

Replies

• SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning!

Allergic, you are definitely ready for a rest! how many days have you been working out without taking a break? even Jillian herself says you should have at least 1 day off per week! :)
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it every other day. I know I'm not going to get the quickest results but I'm in the 190s and its hard on my knees.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    I got better results when I did the workout for 2-3 days, then 1 day off, then when I was doing it for 5 or more days in row. Yes, it took a bit longer.

I just completed Level 3. From now on, I'm going to alternate between Level 2 and 3 until I'm done.
  • beejelblor
    beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sayonara Level 2.... I will NOT be missing you :) I begin level 3 tomorrow and am soo nervous!! Something in level 2 has been making my lower back ache, if it's the planks then level 3 should be interesting.

I have been averaging 2-3 days working out then 1 rest day and it really works well. The weeks like this when I am going 5 days in a row with no rest are to hard on my body, I notice that I do not push the workout as hard and that I am a lot more tired and sore. Rest is a very important part of working out... I do admit though, with everyone's progress it has pushed me harder to get it done faster then I would have pushed myself alone.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Whimped out today and did the treadmill. Shoulders were just a bit achy...might not have been had I went ahead and did the shred...but I will be back at it tomorrow!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Level 3, day 2 done. My left shoulder keeps bothering me and doing all those planks isn't helping. I may have to stretch this level out a bit. I do like some of the exercises in this level, for some weird reason I like levels two and three better than level one. Go figure.
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Level 3 day 3 done and my shoulders hurt too. Ice is my best friend right now!
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone! I worry if I take days off that I'll never get back to it as I struggle to commit to exercise, so I've been trying to take as few rest days as possible. Once I'm back in a proper routine and trust myself a bit more I will hopefully be able to take planned rest days. :smile:
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Sayonara Level 2.... I will NOT be missing you :) I begin level 3 tomorrow and am soo nervous!! Something in level 2 has been making my lower back ache, if it's the planks then level 3 should be interesting.

I have been averaging 2-3 days working out then 1 rest day and it really works well. The weeks like this when I am going 5 days in a row with no rest are to hard on my body, I notice that I do not push the workout as hard and that I am a lot more tired and sore. Rest is a very important part of working out... I do admit though, with everyone's progress it has pushed me harder to get it done faster then I would have pushed myself alone.

Hi beejelblor...When my lower back hurts I usually try the yoga cat/cow exercise and that seems to help. I know what you mean, sometimes a day of rest is just needed!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Finished D9, L3 and will take a day off after tomorrow!!! Then I'd like to try Ripped in 30 every other day with 30 DS in between. And I'll take a day off maybe every 5th day. I think I almost feel like 30 DS is my "security blanket" (sick, I know!) and I don't want to lose some of the strength and benefits I've earned from all that hard work. Everyone has done such a good job and you've all been so dedicated to this. Thanks to AllergicToExercise for pulling us all together!
  • Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Day 6 in the bag!!! Can't wait to measure/pics in the next few days!! I can see a difference!! Thank you ladies for such a fun March!! Now on to April!!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    level 2 day 7 complete. Efffffffff... Still, I can do the push-ups... Sad, sad weak little push-ups. Today, I did ALL the "Plank jacks"- a step up from yesterday when I completed about half and had to step-touch the rest. I'm still stepping the weird jumping squatty plank thing she has us doing. The impact of jumping back and forth hurts. Ah-well.

My measurements were down (I measured at the "halfway" point), I'm feeling much stronger, I have more energy, my arms and legs look better, that "too tight a couple of months ago" jacket is fitting better in the arms and shoulders.
  • msvelvetheart
    Options
    level 3 day 7 done. been finding it hard these last 3 days for some reason. im doing it everyday as im moving abroad next week so have to finish before i go. my biceps have definately improved but my triceps still look flabby and sad :( might have to work on them alone. no weight loss what so ever and only had 1/2-1inch loss on the thinghs (everywhere else i measured is still the same) and thats it but i just feel better for some reason and my jeans fit so much nice even though i havent technically had much change going on. dont get discouraged guys!!!
  • msvelvetheart
    Options
    also! is anybody finding themselves really hungry when doing this, especially at level 3? im worrying im not eating right for the workout specifically even though my diet is healthy.
    what are your diets like guys? have you changed your calorie intake specifically for this?
  • Mrsjaybob
    Mrsjaybob Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 9! One more day then it's on to Level 3!
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    L3 D5 done!! Getting easier, though I still loathe the walking push up/plank row combo....
  • leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    L2 D8 done! Only 2 more days and I will be onto L3....ready for a change for sure! Level 2 has been rough and I am just kinda bored and tired with it but want to finish it atleast so I can say I did it! I will measure again Saturday as well :)
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    level 3 day 7 done. been finding it hard these last 3 days for some reason. im doing it everyday as im moving abroad next week so have to finish before i go. my biceps have definately improved but my triceps still look flabby and sad :( might have to work on them alone. no weight loss what so ever and only had 1/2-1inch loss on the thinghs (everywhere else i measured is still the same) and thats it but i just feel better for some reason and my jeans fit so much nice even though i havent technically had much change going on. dont get discouraged guys!!!

Don't worry about the triceps. This is such an ungrateful muscle and needs a lot of work.

I twisted my diet a bit - I do my best to add protein to every meal.