How do you "Shred"?

Options
2»

Replies

• sacolema
    sacolema Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Completed Day 7 Level 1. I actually tried working a little bit of Level 2 just for "fun" ... doesn't seem so bad even though I'm dreading it!!

Are you guys feeling any changes in your body? I definitely feel like I'm getting stronger.. but whenever I get to those anterior lifts I can never do the last two.. :angry:
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    i started this week, but the first 2 days i could not even got through 10 mins. So I decided to start Wed and today is my 3rd day. I skipped yesterday, but i don't plan to skip more days. i'm struggling with level 1, so i'll move after i can effectively do level 1.
    quick question: do you guys excerside aside from the 20 min workout?
  • sparkly86
    Options
    also, what weighs is everyone using?
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Today is day 5 for me (level one) I've been putting it off all morning. Didn't have a great start with "breakfast" either LOL. Here's to a good workout!!! And, Sparkly86... here's the link we're using for weigh ins. Come, join, add, SEE the results at the end of the 30 days!!! :)https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArP5P8Tq-VWRdFBnLVhRWjZsYWpETlFDQ3ZXcTlhVkE&usp=sharing
  • sparkly86
    Options

sorry jubuc, meat weights. I added my info on the spreadshee :) ...i started with a 3 lbs, but maybe that's too little?
  • ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i started this week, but the first 2 days i could not even got through 10 mins. So I decided to start Wed and today is my 3rd day. I skipped yesterday, but i don't plan to skip more days. i'm struggling with level 1, so i'll move after i can effectively do level 1.
    quick question: do you guys excerside aside from the 20 min workout?

Hey! If its too hard to get through at first, don't even think about adding weights yet, or if you do maybe only use a 2 or 3lb one. I was in pretty decent shape before 'shredding' so I use a mix of 8-15lbs, and 3lbs for the cardio bursts sometimes. I think the main thing is getting through the exercises with great form so you can see results. Don't get hung up on weights yet because PLENTY people get results using their bodyweight!

I personally exercise aside from 30DS, but that's because I'm used to working out intensely and more than once a day and I actually love to work out, weird I know...
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options

sorry jubuc, meat weights. I added my info on the spreadshee :) ...i started with a 3 lbs, but maybe that's too little?

I'm so sorry! I reread that this morning and went... HOW did I MISS THAT one??? LOL. And, I have horrible upper body strength apparently, bc I'm only doing 2.5lb weights, and by the end, my arms are jello.. All though, yesterday (day5) I made it through all of it without dropping the weights! Circuit 3 usually killed me, and I'd have to just do lunges without the raises... NSV for me!
  • GreenLaura22
    GreenLaura22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    SO SO glad to have found this site! Was so proud of myself for 10 days at level one! Then we got a huge heavy snow on what would have been my day 11. We have a huge driveway and was shoveling for 2 hrs straight. The next two days I did the elliptical because my back was so tight. Yesterday we were renovating our bathroom all day (lot of heaving lifting!)

I have taken 4 days off, however I haven't been a couch potato in that time! I was feeling down, like I wasn't seeing any results on the scale : ( But I will say that I feel more in shape, I feel stronger and I have to believe that dong the 30ds is better than not doing anything and feeling like crap every time I get dressed to leave the house!
  • Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Laura,

You've been doing great! It doesn't matter how you move, as long as you move. For the sake of our group we're hoping 30DS will help us, but any excercise counts and 30DS can be modified or additional excercises can always be added on. I'm proud of you! Keep on going!
  • GreenLaura22
    GreenLaura22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Your support is so uplifting! I am sore today, but I am committed to this challenge! I am so looking forward to going and buying a really great pair of jeans : ) That has been my motivation....going to the mall without having a mental crisis lol!
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it every second day in conjunction with gym/run training :D
  • x3na1401
    x3na1401 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Are you guys doing before and after pics too? I would love to see how everyone is getting on. I'm hoping for a six pack by the end. The first day I did it, I did indeed believe I was going to die ! Lol
  • Tunia85
    Options
    I don't have any "naked" pictures but I will share some fully clothed ones that "friends" took of me when I wasn't loooking :)
    I should have taken some pictures of me in the workout gear... maybe when I start the Ripped in 30 or 6 Pack Abs Group...
    There is a next step after this... This is just the beginning :wink:
  • sparkly86
    Options

I'm so sorry! I reread that this morning and went... HOW did I MISS THAT one??? LOL. And, I have horrible upper body strength apparently, bc I'm only doing 2.5lb weights, and by the end, my arms are jello.. All though, yesterday (day5) I made it through all of it without dropping the weights! Circuit 3 usually killed me, and I'd have to just do lunges without the raises... NSV for me!

haha np. thanks you guys! i'm using a 3 lbs as well. i stopped doing it for 4 days, so i'm back on. i really need to be more consistent!
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I worked out 6 days a week.
    5 days 30 day shred
    1 day jillians kick boxing

Sometimes I worked out on the seventh day with big loser cardio. My results are in my profile pics
  • lesliesmmmacres
    Options
    I do real push ups, and I am a wimp!! Just try what you can, and as you get stronger you will do well.
    Good job to all doing this program, I am on my third time through...and I really love to yell at Jillian as I do the work out, but when i look in the mirror, I praise her! My arms look like I am 25 ish, and I am much closer to 50!!
  • lesliesmmmacres
    Options
    Ok, so I do get bored doing the same thing BUT I was thinking that if I do get like that, maybe I can just rotate through the different levels each day? What do you guys think?

I am not sure I would recomend doing the three different levels simultaneous, it is not made to do that way. I would do several days of each level for they get progressively more difficult as you move to next level. that is my opinion, and I have done this shred three times.
  • Tunia85
    Options
    Ok, so I do get bored doing the same thing BUT I was thinking that if I do get like that, maybe I can just rotate through the different levels each day? What do you guys think?

I am not sure I would recomend doing the three different levels simultaneous, it is not made to do that way. I would do several days of each level for they get progressively more difficult as you move to next level. that is my opinion, and I have done this shred three times.

I agree with the above